Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Ghost Recon Wildlands - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader

2»

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    As @nomadie observed, it looks a lot like Far Cry to me. I have only played a little of Just Cause 2, so I don't really know. Maybe it's the vehicle thing?  I will wait for a sale on this one since I still haven't played Far Cry 4 or Just Cause 3. 

The Division...I don't know. I've tried to like that game (since I bought it, but thankfully not the season pass). It just somehow doesn't grab me. It's alright though and I've been meaning to give it another go, but yeah...bullet sponges.

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited March 2017
    nomadie said:
    Here is the game in a nutshell. 1. Beat up guy for intel on boss. 2. Find Laptop with intel. 3. Find magic papers around the area that have intel on your boss magicly. 4. Find boss and kill. 5. Rinse and repeat the same 4 mission on every freaking map. People call this game good but honestly it's a generic Far Cry with less content. If you want a good Open world shooter go with Far Cry 4 as it has more to do and has Co-op. Wildlands couldn't get more generic... The only other missions this game has are what 5-6 rebel missions that are also the same on EVERY map as well! Game is pretty boring. Save some money and get Far Cry 4, or Just Cause 3. Oh and this game even on Extreme is stupidly easy with a sniper you can just beat everything with only that.
      I don't understand people like this?  Why are you so desperate to pump up FC4 or JC3?  I promise those game aren't going anywhere.  As for your bias, uneducated synopsis of the mission types you couldn't be more wrong.  As for your bias, uneducated crying about the difficulty you couldn't be more wrong.  

I get it you don't own or play this game but there are multiple playing difficulties.  Your comment on the difficulty alone shows how clueless you are to this game and I could just stop here without embarrassing you more but I'll continue on.  

Let me first start out that all games including your precious FC and JC have some form of repeatability it's how video games are and will always be.  One thing Wildlands does a great job at is allow the player to choose how to complete a mission.  

OK so your bias, uneducated, desperate attempt to bash the game claimed there were only four mission types?  Well let me educate you and list the mission types I have done...Just for the record ive repeated some of these with friends and completed them differently every single time. 

1) kill target

2) capture target

3) follow target 

4) eavesdrop on conversation

5) find Intel 

6) sneak undetected into base 

7) take down convoy 

8) parachute onto specic target 

9) steal a vehicle undetected drive it to a base load it with explosives and drive it back undetected 

10) steal cars,planes and helicopters

11) disable satellites 

I'm sure there are more that I can't remember.  But again I have done  at least 11 different missions in the three areas ive been in.  And I can do all these missions multiple different ways.  Go back to FC or JC it's amazing how desperate some are to bash videos games they have no clue on. 
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I'd love to see something like this but fantasy or sci-fi based for PS4. My fiance and I aren't really crazy about current times or historical settings like this. The game itself looks like a lot of fun for co-op, just wish it was a different setting.

The Division's setting is just different enough that we liked it, but the game itself was only ok. Destiny would be cool if it was better. We've been playing Elder Scrolls Online lately but we'd really like to try a more shooter-ish type game.

Shooter-ish and co-op are kind of far and few between. Shooter-ish, co-op, and fantasy/sci-fi is even more scarce. Shooter-ish, co-op, fantasy/sci-fi, and open world... we wants it...
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Excellent vid!
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Artwolf said:

Looks good, but one thing about these open world games is they get repetitive as hell. Nice big areas to play in and do the same thing over and over and over again. Not an issue here?

We are MMO players... we're used to repetitive.

at least you are not gathering a wagon with your knife

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

nomadie said:

Here is the game in a nutshell. 1. Beat up guy for intel on boss. 2. Find Laptop with intel. 3. Find magic papers around the area that have intel on your boss magicly. 4. Find boss and kill. 5. Rinse and repeat the same 4 mission on every freaking map. People call this game good but honestly it's a generic Far Cry with less content. If you want a good Open world shooter go with Far Cry 4 as it has more to do and has Co-op. Wildlands couldn't get more generic... The only other missions this game has are what 5-6 rebel missions that are also the same on EVERY map as well! Game is pretty boring. Save some money and get Far Cry 4, or Just Cause 3. Oh and this game even on Extreme is stupidly easy with a sniper you can just beat everything with only that.

I don't understand people like this?  Why are you so desperate to pump up FC4 or JC3?  I promise those game aren't going anywhere.  As for your bias, uneducated synopsis of the mission types you couldn't be more wrong.  As for your bias, uneducated crying about the difficulty you couldn't be more wrong.  

I get it you don't own or play this game but there are multiple playing difficulties.  Your comment on the difficulty alone shows how clueless you are to this game and I could just stop here without embarrassing you more but I'll continue on.  

Let me first start out that all games including your precious FC and JC have some form of repeatability it's how video games are and will always be.  One thing Wildlands does a great job at is allow the player to choose how to complete a mission.  

OK so your bias, uneducated, desperate attempt to bash the game claimed there were only four mission types?  Well let me educate you and list the mission types I have done...Just for the record ive repeated some of these with friends and completed them differently every single time. 

1) kill target

2) capture target

3) follow target 

4) eavesdrop on conversation

5) find Intel 

6) sneak undetected into base 

7) take down convoy 

8) parachute onto specic target 

9) steal a vehicle undetected drive it to a base load it with explosives and drive it back undetected 

10) steal cars,planes and helicopters

11) disable satellites 

I'm sure there are more that I can't remember.  But again I have done  at least 11 different missions in the three areas ive been in.  And I can do all these missions multiple different ways.  Go back to FC or JC it's amazing how desperate some are to bash videos games they have no clue on. 

you forgot the "use drone to record undetected" missions.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Artwolf said:

Looks good, but one thing about these open world games is they get repetitive as hell. Nice big areas to play in and do the same thing over and over and over again. Not an issue here?

EVERY video game is repetitive!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I only played the game for one night, so there is not much i can say about it.

I think its a bit expensive + season pass.

The one thing that is a total turn off for me in these games is this constant ridiculous army lingo. I hate that in all these games as well as in many movies. Unfortunaltey GR is full of that crap.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited March 2017
    I played the beta up to the part where I killed the first two mini bosses and I can't say I was very impressed with the game up to that point. The travel through the open world was long and boring since nothing of note really happened. There weren't random events going from place to place. All the action was located on the points labeled on the map. The Division, as it stands today and not at launch, is much better than this IMO. Hopefully it will get better in the future but I can't see myself paying full price for it. If it gets down to under $20 then I might consider playing again. Glad people are enjoying it, though.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Ginaz said:
    I played the beta up to the part where I killed the first two mini bosses and I can't say I was very impressed with the game up to that point. The travel through the open world was long and boring since nothing of note really happened. There weren't random events going from place to place. All the action was located on the points labeled on the map. The Division, as it stands today and not at launch, is much better than this IMO. Hopefully it will get better in the future but I can't see myself paying full price for it. If it gets down to under $20 then I might consider playing again. Glad people are enjoying it, though.
    actrually there are tons of random events from rebles fighting to convoys and targets to capture.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I have to agree with the JC3 crowd. If you like a gun n run open world game with wacky antics Wildlands is not your game... If you want good solid sneaky and killy.. it is not your game... 

In short, it ends up being second or thrid best to a lot of other games without having anything that sets it apart... Unless you count the so called banter between your AI compatriots. 

If you are a Ghost Recon fan.. by all means get it. It is not a bad game per se. 

But if you only want a open world game... There are cheaper alternatives out there. 

This have been a good conversation

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited March 2017
    @Ginaz side missions and random events weren't available during beta. 

@tawess play it on the hardest difficulty. While playing it on easy it's your regular zerg-fest shooter. On the hardest difficulty it turns into a tactical sneaky killy :) I agree, it's not Metal Gear (or whatever game you believe is the best tactical game similar to this) but it is indeed a solid game. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    @tawess play it on the hardest difficulty. While playing it on easy it's your regular zerg-fest shooter. On the hardest difficulty it turns into a tactical sneaky killy :) I agree, it's not Metal Gear (or whatever game you believe is the best tactical game similar to this) but it is indeed a solid game. 
    And that is why it falls between the chairs... It is simply vanilla ice-cream. If you want tactical sneaking... There are much better games out there.. If you want mayhem and destruction. Same.. 

Also the vehicle physics are horrid. That does not help its case. 

This have been a good conversation

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    tawess said:
    And that is why it falls between the chairs... It is simply vanilla ice-cream. If you want tactical sneaking... There are much better games out there.. If you want mayhem and destruction. Same.. 

Also the vehicle physics are horrid. That does not help its case. 
    Vehicles are painfully horrible. I can't understand why a game with such realistic details went Rocket League on vehicles. 

Not into much mayhem myself anymore. What other tactical game you suggest? I've played MGS to the death. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Why do people keep asking for PvP? Go play something else.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    jircris said:
    Ginaz said:
    actrually there are tons of random events from rebles fighting to convoys and targets to capture.
    When I was walking from place to place (not on the roads) nothing happened.  Ever.  It might have been different in the beta than it is now but spaces between hot spots were devoid of anything of significance.  In The Division, as a contrast, I always ran into random hostile npc's to fight while walking around.  Ghost Recon felt more like a walking simulator in between missions.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Wildlands is fun solo but it's true, it can get repetitive. It really shines when you play with friends. You find yourself laughing your a$$ of in the most ridiculous situations.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The game is neat, and even though the AI sucks, they seem overpowered as hell and the game is too easy without other humans. I thought that the humor didn't really fit as well, it would be something serious, then the radio would just be overly humorous and it just didn't mesh like they were trying to do, at least for me. Game just wasn't my favorite Ghost Recon game, I would like them to make another GRAW, those were super fun.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    lol Moral of the video....dont play Co-op with Bill. Good vid as always HL.