Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizon Zero Dawn VS Witcher 3 Ultra Graphics Video

Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
Pretty damn good for a 250-400 dollar machine and the Pro has still more to offer as devs start making new games for it.

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Witcher 3 still takes the cake. But they both look amazing

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    True that both games have excellent art and graphics. Amazing a PS4 game can look that fabulous. The capacity of the console to have very good graphics has increased a lot lately.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited March 2017
    Again I will never understand the PC elitist who still spout that tired nonsense about consoles. Once it was justified but now it's not, yes a console will never match a PC, perhapst budget systems. 

This is the age when a person who claims to love gaming is doing themselves an injustice not owning one of the top consoles preferably the Ps4. 

Hero Dawn Horizon is a masterpiece on a format that many PC elitist call redundant. 

I think not. 

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Would be even better if both developers were to put as much time into the gameplay as they do the graphics.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Would be even better if both developers were to put as much time into the gameplay as they do the graphics.

Nothing wrong with the game play of both games but nice try and totally dumb comment. 

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2017

Nothing wrong with the game play of both games but nice try and totally dumb comment. 

Well I find Witcher 3's combat pretty naff, I find the AI/collision detection pretty naff, I find thieving from quest givers and the like pretty naff.
    I find HZD's combat pretty naff, the 'stalk through grass right in front of mobs with half your body showing' is pretty naff, trap detection pretty naff and so on.

But by all means tell me my opinion is 'totally dumb' without even asking what it is that I don't like because you would prefer to just leap to insults etc.... good show of character there old chap.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Horizon looks better. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well you can do 4k in Witcher on a PC, the Pro can't do 4k, it is 2k upscaled.  So you are always going to have a resolution difference.  No matter what developers do for a Pro it will be max 2k, you cannot change that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Technology available for PC hardware is better than for Consoles. The difference is in how you use it. Just because a game has given more time to get the visuals right doesn't make it equivalent to the capabilities of another that didn't. For instance, tree density. There are about 10 times more trees visible in the Witcher 3 portions. Obviously this comes down to the developer, scope, and design of the game.

If you want a true comparison than try the difference between PC and Console GTA V on what each can achieve.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Graphics, who cares, gameplay W3 is a way better game in all aspects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited March 2017
    Soki123 said:
    I played both games and Horizon Zero Dawn battles are way more intense and require more strategy, you cant just hack and slash everything and there are more variety of weapons to choose from that work different ways than just silver or steel sword.  And I played witcher 3 on hard.  HZD also gives you the option to approach combat encounters using stealth as well.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Witcher 3 is the better game imo, though whether or not the graphics are better in W3 or HZD is really down to personal preferences, that HZD is competing graphically with a game as old now as W3 is, is hardly surprising, its running on the same old hardware with the same old limitations of said hardware.
    You can't after all get the same kind of graphics out of a Console, when the GPU's in PC's cost more than those Consoles in the first place, any game made to utilise resources that a good PC has will inevitably be of higher graphical quality by default. :o
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Again I will never understand the PC elitist who still spout that tired nonsense about consoles. Once it was justified but now it's not, yes a console will never match a PC, perhapst budget systems. 

This is the age when a person who claims to love gaming is doing themselves an injustice not owning one of the top consoles preferably the Ps4. 

Hero Dawn Horizon is a masterpiece on a format that many PC elitist call redundant. 

I think not. 
    Grab a dictionary then look up the words opinion, taste, and perspective. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make you better than them. You call people elitist all the while posting like one.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Viper482 said:

I think not. 
    Grab a dictionary then look up the words opinion, taste, and perspective. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make you better than them. You call people elitist all the while posting like one.
    I will be glad when they eventually make a console that can handle 60 fps for games, i think that is when console players will realise exactly why 60fps is so much better for the overall gaming experience than 30 fps is, and why 30 fps is considered to be a limitation and not a feature, and why 30 fps is not an acceptable framerate for action games on PC. :o
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It doesn't matter how you slice it. It's a heck of a gaming machine for the money. Looking forward to also seeing the Scorpio.

@SavageHorizon

Cut with the PC master race bullshit, plenty of dickheads on either side of the fence.

Its about the games not the device's

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited March 2017
    Im really impressed with what they were able to squeeze out of the PS4 with HZD. Amazing graphics. The Witcher is an older game and you have to keep in mind hardware is not the only thing that is developed and improved over time. So is code and so are game engines. Also, W3 was made to be playable not only on PC but also on consoles. You can see what it could have looked like in demo videos from 2013 and 2014, before it was 'optimized' with console gameplay in mind. Finally, ultra settings on PC are by no means the limit of the game. Run it at 1440p or 4k, install some 4k texture mods, a LOD mod, a lighting mod and a nice DLL injector preset and youll see quite an improvement over what is already a great looking game.  

And one more thing - hardware might matter but the game itself matters much more. Look at the new Zelda game. Pure awesome.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If MMORPG game developers optimized and got the most out of the hardware...

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I really want AMD to bring Scorpio's iGPU to its future apus.
    If MMORPG game developers optimized and got the most out of the hardware...

They optimize it for low and mid range hardware
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    First game i could hear the wind but only once saw grass or anything moving.Detail drops off fast ,like 30 feet past the player.Also could hear a moving brook but the water was dead silent.

The Witcher seemed to have a larger immersion view distance.Witcher had some weird glitch where he could walk through a tree and the entire tree disappeared.
    To put this in perspective,we were already using hi res textures in the Unreal engine back in 99 as well as particle effects.

Ps4 is also limited to just playstation games.That is why the cost,they know they have you locked in to give them more money for their games of which those devs also pay licensing fees to SOE as well.
    Not sure of frame rates either,i thought i heard of low frames like around 30 on consoles?You can get away with cheap hardware and 30 frames in a single player game.

Plus the game only has to cater it's optimization to ONE platform,so impressive?Not really but it is ok,personally i can't stand controllers unless the game is super simple like 2 buttons lol.I wonder does the ps4 come with a decent size HD or is that extra?As well i believe people have to pay an online fee?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Soki123 said:

dragons dogma has better gameplay than witcher 3 too

Wizardry said:
    First game i could hear the wind but only once saw grass or anything moving.Detail drops off fast ,like 30 feet past the player.Also could hear a moving brook but the water was dead silent.
    Heres all the moving grass and trees you could ask for

Just 30 feet huh?

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Witcher looked better overall.  But when he's walking in the dark it just looks really horrible.  Something is off with the lighting or bloom in Witcher.

I was running the video in 1080.   Wouldn't you need a 4k monitor to see a 4k resolution?
    Are you onto something or just on something?