Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Ghost Recon Wildlands - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Ghost Recon Wildlands - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• strangesidestrangeside Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Damn it Bill, you had one job!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    That was great!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Maybe I'll buy it once pvp comes.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    DMKano said:
    This game is so much better than the Division, which was a colossal letdown personally.

Agreed. I can't put into words how let down I was by Division. Bill and I's short adventures in Ghost Recon were more fun than the 10-15 hours I put into Divison.
  • ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Looks good, but one thing about these open world games is they get repetitive as hell. Nice big areas to play in and do the same thing over and over and over again. Not an issue here?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Really sounds like a great game from that . Cussing lol

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited March 2017
    Wildlands is a blast!  There is so much to do.  Our group usually starts off doing a main mission but on our way there we get destracted by a side mission,Intel or just messing around and two hours later we still haven't made it to the mission we intended on doing.  To me that's a sign of a good game. 
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited March 2017
    And HiveLeader strikes again!
    Great stuff as usual, thanks for the laughs! :)

I have to agree with most of what you said. I really really enjoy this game so far!

Artwolf said:

Looks good, but one thing about these open world games is they get repetitive as hell. Nice big areas to play in and do the same thing over and over and over again. Not an issue here?

That could probably be said of most games no? More so of MMORPGs (grind instances to get better gear and unlock next instance, rinse and repeat..).

But I see your point still. I guess that if you go at it solo, it will eventually get repetitive, but if you hop in with friends, it will definitely improve the experience (and make things more exciting/challenging (especially if you have a crew member like Bill it seems.. ;) ).

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Artwolf said:
    We are MMO players... we're used to repetitive.
  • pugnarpugnar Member CommonPosts: 2
    Haha, that was a great video. I'm also loving Ghost Recon. True, it's not perfect, but hiveleader mentioned a point that is lost time and time again in reviews that dissect games- this one is fun!
  • ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48

I have to agree with most of what you said. I really really enjoy this game so far!

Artwolf said:

That could probably be said of most games no? More so of MMORPGs (grind instances to get better gear and unlock next instance, rinse and repeat..).

But I see your point still. I guess that if you go at it solo, it will eventually get repetitive, but if you hop in with friends, it will definitely improve the experience (and make things more exciting/challenging (especially if you have a crew member like Bill it seems.. ;) ).

I guess the difference is in a true MMO world the player might feel like they are making an impact in some way to the world/playerbase around them, the experience might feel more organic with no control over who you run into/interact with.

In a singleplayer game the dynamic feels different. I see open world can be very fun with others, for sure (Farcry was fun for a while in coop) - I tend to recognize the hamster wheel way faster in these coop games without the random dynamic of other players is all - I was just wondering if this feels like they did something different to alleviate that or does it feel like Assassins Creed, Farcry, Shadow of Mordor, Division.
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Artwolf said:

Artwolf said:

I guess the difference is in a true MMO world the player might feel like they are making an impact in some way to the world/playerbase around them, the experience might feel more organic with no control over who you run into/interact with.

In a singleplayer game the dynamic feels different. I see open world can be very fun with others, for sure (Farcry was fun for a while in coop) - I tend to recognize the hamster wheel way faster in these coop games without the random dynamic of other players is all - I was just wondering if this feels like they did something different to alleviate that or does it feel like Assassins Creed, Farcry, Shadow of Mordor, Division.
    What MMO do your actions or another player's actiond change the world?  Just because there are 10,50,100 other players waiting in line to kill the same npc doesn't make the world feel dynamic.  I would argue this makes MMOs feel less dynamic.  
    Now in wildlands your actions do to an extent change the world.  The rep you gain with the rebels the more they help out.  Finding Intel opens up new missions.  

In MMOs people run the same dungeons and raids over and over and over that is the definition of a hamster wheel.  You run mission with 15 different toons and every mission is exactly the same on the 1st and 15th toon.  

Wildlands sure there are only a certain number  of mission varieties you could actually create for a game like this and there is a lot of variety plus you have the choice to choose how you tackle every mission.  I've ran a couple missions multiple times solo with one player and with three others not once did I do these missions the same way.  
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Wow, I love the division but I waited for a sale and after the balance patches were done. Doing the same for this one, will wait for a sale. But it looks good, I played the beta and it wasn't bad, and that was a great vid.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    About 20 hours in since launch. Love playing with friends. And, I LIKE THE STORY.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Aori said:

That's why you should keep Bill on a leash.

I love when you do vids with bill.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hariken said:

Aori said:

That's why you should keep Bill on a leash.

I love when you do vids with bill.

You mean vids where Bill is abused... :(

But for real, this game is a blast with friends.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Does mmorpg have a taskforce on wildlands?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Carl Murphy?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Loved the review lol lots of laughs keep it up
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I only had about an hour to try it and fount it rather bland I actually thought "I have already played this" (thinking of Just Cause). . BUT I did not do multi-player and the idea of joining random groups actually seems pretty cool.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Good game, but it is plagued by bugs at the moment.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

Artwolf said:

That's pretty much all games in a nutshell though isn't it?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited March 2017
    I saw this title on open-beta and I thought well, why not. But man, I didn't expect it to be this good. When open-beta ended I felt a void, but thanks to my connections in the gaming industry--the dude who cleans the floors in a store snatched me a copy several days before release--I got back in the day after. 

First of all, there is no PvP. And you know when there is no PvP, they usually put much more time in the PvE. I think it took me ~20 hours to clear the first zone, and man that world is big. You can see mountains on the horizon, and then actually go there. The detail is amazing. 

I really love the AI of this game, both the hostiles and your teammates. To be honest, I like the AI so much that I haven't tried to play this on multiplayer. They make suggestions, they radio you information, they even tell jokes and make sarcastic remarks about you and each other. The enemy is smart, I am playing on the hardest difficulty, and I've been tricked a lot of times. You see one of them running fast to distract you then another comes in and finishes you off. They camp, they get in tactical positions and they do almost every trick in the book. 

The game isn't like GTA or Just Cause at all. This is a tactical game. Besides the vehicles which drive a bit funny, everything else about this game is very realistic. The weapons are really different, even snipers have various bullet speed. 

Another unexpected thing, the story behind characters is actually good.

I agree this title is way better than The Division, this is one of the reasons I believe Ubisoft has done much better lately. 

I am playing it on my PS4 Pro. I think :| it is running at 4K and it is god-damned gorgeous. Now, I've wasted enough time on you people. Back to the game!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Here is the game in a nutshell. 1. Beat up guy for intel on boss. 2. Find Laptop with intel. 3. Find magic papers around the area that have intel on your boss magicly. 4. Find boss and kill. 5. Rinse and repeat the same 4 mission on every freaking map. People call this game good but honestly it's a generic Far Cry with less content. If you want a good Open world shooter go with Far Cry 4 as it has more to do and has Co-op. Wildlands couldn't get more generic... The only other missions this game has are what 5-6 rebel missions that are also the same on EVERY map as well! Game is pretty boring. Save some money and get Far Cry 4, or Just Cause 3. Oh and this game even on Extreme is stupidly easy with a sniper you can just beat everything with only that.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Im into these type of games for the PVP. When will that come into play, and will your progress in PVE count in PVP, or will you have a separate PVP ladder to climb and open skills etv with?