Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launching anytime soon?

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
First quarter about to come to a close, not many updates that I've seen recently.

Anyone have some news to share?

Seems like Exiles may have stolen all of the thunder. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    edited March 2017
    Well GDC ended not too long ago and Snail had some demos and details to share with the media, we should be receiving information on what they covered as soon as said media networks post their articles/videos.

So we've got potential videos/content updates on the horizon.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Kyleran said:
    First quarter about to come to a close, not many updates that I've seen recently.

Well it's certainly not good to release a similar product and from the looks of the demos they had a lot of work to be a "big player" title. I'm glad they decided to wait and continue to improve thier product.
    Tsiya
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Well GDC ended not too long ago and Snail had some demos and details to share with the media, we should be receiving information on what they covered as soon as said media networks post their articles/videos.

So we've got potential videos/content updates on the horizon.
    There will probably be loads more screenshots, lol
  • mandragoamandragoa Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited June 2017
    Launching is 1. quarter ehm 2nd quarter hmm ehm
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Soon tm

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:

last update on 5/11/17 ..."we are getting closer to EA launch later this year"  Horsejoke ..

its moving at a Snails pace:)
    Talonsin
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Probably gonna slip to 2018 and then get delayed indefinitely
    hmm , i think they get EA out around Thxgiving this year
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

• VVestVVest Member CommonPosts: 3
    when was the last time a project launched on time?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    It's quite quiet at past times, possibly will hear about it on the summer if they attend to conferences.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, games that launched before crowdfunding or early access for starters. It seems ever since CF and EA games became the new way to develop, that developers somehow feel much more relaxed about their "pace" in game development. I mean why should they care. Money from crowdfunding can't come back to bite them in the ass because it's "donated" and not "invested" like the MAN keeps hinting. So now they don't have to worry about losing anything to liquidation if they fail.

Of course 99% of CF projects are sorely under-financed and by that I mean. CF games are not asking for the correct amount to actually make a game.
    What does this have to do with crowdfunding? Dark and Light is published, they can very well be relaxed about giving updates as to when and how things will happen.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Kind of funny that people actually had hopes for this game given that Snail Games is tied to it.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Still coming later this year. 
    Recore said:
    Or maybe early next year... :wink:
  • MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Recore said:
    Or maybe early next year... :wink:
    Or maybe later next year....
    Didn't Snail buy this IP in 2009 or something ?

Perhaps they're aiming for the "10 Year Anniversary"
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ...soon.

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    ste2000 said:
    ...soon.
    Blizzard soon...

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    November...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Zorlofe said:
    November...
    Is it still looking to be a standard early access survival game a la ARK or will it be something more?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I haven't gotten my hands on it personally but from looking at the footage it seems to be something more but that is of course speculation...