Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO - PVP, GUILD PVP, *NO RNG*

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
beeing playing BDO like a crack addict and fed up with how RNG everything is, i grind/farm/gather for hour to get something, try to enchant a loose it all (wasting 6-12-24hours of my time)

any game out there not entirely like that, i dont mind abit of a RNG system, but BDO is completely made up of it and now im bored of it.

after some PvP also, seiges be nice, i like an active community, open world pvp i like also

cheers

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    bump O_O

Currently Playing:

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    boop

Currently Playing:

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    if youre looking for a game that isnt rng brother youre in for a world of swimming through terds till you find the golden terd, but in the end itll remain what its always been just a terd..... the RNG niche has not past yet and until people stop throwing down there wallets to this waste of time itll always continue
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    You'll find a MMORPG very closely matching the description of your thread title in my signature.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    There is no such game, im looking myself.
    Playing FF14 atm, zone zone zone, but relaxing so far .. still not "it".
    Waiting for StarCitizen, at least 2 more years i bet.
    Else ... nothing.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    A1D3N said:
    beeing playing BDO like a crack addict and fed up with how RNG everything is, i grind/farm/gather for hour to get something, try to enchant a loose it all (wasting 6-12-24hours of my time)

Take everything you get and sell it and then buy it off the market.

Make sure that when you play/grind/farm/gather for hours that you actually enjoy those activities. Otherwise your playing the wrong game.

By doing this you will enjoy playing and instead of losing everything on a dice roll you will instead just buy what you need.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    rawfox said:
    There is no such game, im looking myself.
    Playing FF14 atm, zone zone zone, but relaxing so far .. still not "it".
    Waiting for StarCitizen, at least 2 more years i bet.
    Else ... nothing.
    Yes, there is.  It literally matches @A1D3N 's thread title description, and very closely fits the content of his OP.  Why haven't you tried it yet?  B)

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    The game you are looking for is Albion Online.  It is still in Beta but a wipe is coming in a month or two for the next phase of that beta.  It has open world pvp, guild v guild territory control battles, a completely player run economy with no RNG in the crafting / gathering of materials.  Literally everything you mentioned is what Albion Online will become.  If you dont like wipes though, then wait till release.  At least 2 more wipes before release.  I estimate it will come out in full late Summer of 2017.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    MMOs without RNG exist?
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Yes @Albatroes, in the name of Albion Online
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    What did you think the "R" in RPG stood for... roleplaying?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall Rise of Agon release date is May 5th!! : D

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• lashlashlashlash Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I also hear Albion Online is a good time, but unfortunately the PvP aspect is limited due to a big map and not many players at the moment.

If you want to try something different (but it is still in Early Access and in development), you can try The Exiled. MMO Sandbox, Open PvP, combat like Battlerite. 7 days free trial, its on Steam. Mostly combat focused. It's definitely niche and not for everyone, but worth checking out.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2017
    Or you could join the recently released DAOC free shard and have it all now.

Be sure to roll Hib or Alb, too many filthy Mids. ;)

Did you catch the "free" part?
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    by DAOC free shard, do you mean Uthgard? or is there something else?Kyleran said:

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Your might as well stick with it if your having fun as not really anything else to play other than either old mmos or crap ported ones that are no way near as good . Realistically if you have played black desert or archage there is no going back to old mechanics mmos as they seem boring and slow compared.
    krgwynne said:
    Your might as well stick with it if your having fun as not really anything else to play other than either old mmos or crap ported ones that are no way near as good . Realistically if you have played black desert or archage there is no going back to old mechanics mmos as they seem boring and slow compared.
    i dont agree ,, mostly...,im in need of the type of stuff games like everquest has, group play, dungeons, trinity,,endgame raiding,but id like pvp too BDO only has the pvp part and i dont think many games has given us this in a long time.I spend the whole summer in everquest and it still amazing, but i think its time for me to move on (atleast for a while) after around prob 10 years of playing it since 2000 off n on...the last 10 years of mmos has been rough for a lot of us "oldschool" type mmo gamers..im sick of these korean type/eastern mmos.. bring me pantheon and camelot unchained... the oldschool vibes with the newschool graphics works,, shit even if a game didnt have the graphics,, i just need that style of game back in the world...black desert is a decent game, but there are a lot of flaws,, like he said, the RNG stuff is terrible.. i spent 3 months killing a world boss(karanda) 3 times a day and i prob bid on a dandilion (best in slot) on market around 300 times,, never won...RNG is shit,, u should be able to put in the effort to get an item, not rely on some random luck that i seem to not have.... but i agree with the poster,, im in need of something too. iv played them all,, i believe that a lot of the new games being developed have a lot of potential and the industry is changing for the better..if anyone knows of a game, plz let me know.. and while i do appreciate the space theme type mmos,, im more of a fantasy dungeony raid with swords n magic kinda guy...
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i would like try out doac.. can someone point me out to that free shard?

are there still poeple playing that ?
    i would like try out doac.. can someone point me out to that free shard?

are there still poeple playing that ?
    i know of Uthgard,, which is classic DAOC.. and people do play it,, you can always find a grp to level. It has the oldschool DAoC level grind and old frontier...... idk if thats the "freeshard" people are talking about, but i do know its fairly popular classic DAoC emulator.   just google Uthgard
  • vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    N3ptune said:
    by DAOC free shard, do you mean Uthgard? or is there something else?Kyleran said:

If you just want to try DAOC out for free don't go to Uthgard , the levelling is to slow and no QoL tweaks, I would recommend you try out the Origin freeshard. Type in darkageoforigins. This server is in beta , but is vastly superior in QoL tweaks , which make your gameplay better. However you can try both , and play both the same time so you can judge for yourself.