Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom wants to "Save Gaia"

FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
The CEO of Funcom is currently in the US to prepare the relaunch of The Secret World. Some interesting hints:

So, Here is the CEO of Cabinet Entertainment tweeting about traveling from the west to the east coast with the CEO of Funcom and VIP of Funcom's Marketing to "Save Gaia". And then here's the CEO of Funcom teasing whatever's about to happen. And, lastly, here's the Vice President of Marketing voicing support for it all.

Friends, whatever is about to happen isn't going to be some half-hearted stay of execution. This is something that everyone is really excited about, up to the CEO.

This restored SO much confidence for me. I'm friggin' pumped NOW!

EDIT: It should be noted that Fredrik Malmberg isn't just the CEO of Cabinet Entertainment; he's on the Funcom Supervisory board, which further emphasizes the size and optimism of this update.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Must admit this whole relaunch thing is a bit confusing, i hadn't even realised they had shut it down O.o
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2017
    Phry said:
    Must admit this whole relaunch thing is a bit confusing, i hadn't even realised they had shut it down O.o
    They didn't. This is a marketimg relaunch, remains to be seen what will really be different about it.

My guess is a new storyline.

The above reminds me of the initial launch campaign.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Wait what?
    That's just some tweets not actually saying anything at all.

"Gaia can still be saved!" .. that's the very same as "Make America great again!"

How can people fall for this populistic nonsense?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Dakeru said:
    Wait what?
    That's just some tweets not actually saying anything at all.

"Gaia can still be saved!" .. that's the very same as "Make America great again!"

How can people fall for this populistic nonsense?
    Well saving Gaia? is probably wishful thinking by the developers. Making America great again is wishful thinking by the people of America, or in game terms, the players, the way things are going, i wouldn't bet against Trump actually managing to do it, he's off to a good start. B)
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    When can we expect relaunch? I thought the reason I didnt want to play was clunky combat if they change that +++

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    They didn't. This is a marketimg relaunch, remains to be seen what will really be different about it.
    Yep, pretty much this, they will change and revamp some things (don't know how deeply the changes will go), but the "relaunch" should be in brackets.

marciantobay is a nice poster, just a bit too optimistic (or enthusiastic) for my taste, I'm more the "glass is half empty" type. Or, in this case, "if you tilt the bottle you can see a few leftover drops at the bottom" type :lol:
    Strangely the exact post of marcian hints a warning sign, the utter silence from FC - so players try to grab every morsel of information they can get.
    They are hiding from us since February, but they want to promote Exiles on PAX, so hiding time is over, they will get quite some questions in person - I can't wait to hear the answers :lol:
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If they dont improve the combat, I consider it useless.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Well, saving Gaia sounds like recycling to me and relaunching is a kind of recycling...

Anyways, TSW is a pretty good game but I am not sure a relaunch really will change much unless they do a lot of work on the game.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Loke666 said:
    Well, saving Gaia sounds like recycling to me and relaunching is a kind of recycling...

Anyways, TSW is a pretty good game but I am not sure a relaunch really will change much unless they do a lot of work on the game.
    If they improve animations and UI I'm back in. Combat would be a very nice bonus. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    *fingers crossed* I will return to check it out, Funcom! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Po_gg said:
    [...]  marciantobay is a nice poster, just a bit too optimistic (or enthusiastic) for my taste, I'm more the "glass is half empty" type. Or, in this case, "if you tilt the bottle you can see a few leftover drops at the bottom" type :lol: 
    Well, so much for his optimism...
    https://secretworldlegends.com/news/letter_from_the_producer/
    TSW is on maintenance mode without any updates anymore (who knows for how long even the servers will be up), and TSW Legends will be the new shiny. Not even an MMO, just a "a shared-world action RPG"  whatever that means. I guess the action part means crappy combat. :lol: