Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playthrough #1 - The Grind to LvL 40 | RipperX - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePlaythrough #1 - The Grind to LvL 40 | RipperX - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Ripper's on a mission - hit level 40, start PVP, and don't look back. Revelation Online sports some pretty epic PVP, but it doesn't begin until the mid-game levels, so Ripper X is taking to My.com's new release to make that dream a reality.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2017
    everything thats wrong with todays gaming industry neatly wrapped up in a bundle ...
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    edited March 2017
    F-Space the Game ( Poor Ripper-X having to endure this torture. )

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Scorchien said:

everything thats wrong with todays gaming industry neatly wrapped up in a bundle ...

Truer words were never spoken.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good game so far.

Also trying to get to level 40 to start pvp.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I tried to give this game a fair try and between two nights got up to 35/36. There are certainly plenty of issues, but I was willing to overlook them if the gameplay was good enough but for me, it's just not. I'm an action combat fan so tried to play a healer in action combat mode and it just didn't work out well enough for me to be confident with it. I know the game is designed for tab target mode but I just don't enjoy that, so this game's not for me. Overall it's not the best game out there by any means if we're being honest, but for people that do enjoy the gameplay, I think they'd be able to enjoy it for a bit. But I'm just not sure how many people that is lol.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2017
    I've seen it written one can get to 40 in about 5 hours played, so he's not there already?

Pfft....some gamer....  ;)

Why do game reviewers always have handles like "professional" wrestlers?  All part of the side show? Compensating for deficiencies elsewhere? :p

Jason Longmire, now there is a name for a reviewer I would follow. 

RipperX indeed. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Looks like Blade & Soul's ugly sibling.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Was hoping he'd get stuck in that statue's cleavage :-)
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Just tried this game and it's got some pretty awful animations. I'd rather play bdo or ff14 or even archeage over this tbh.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Forgrimm said:

It's hugely different actually. Open world instead of instanced, probably wider variety of activities to do, different combat (mostly different in the lack of combos and the targeting methods).
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    It's exactly like blade and soul, same models are even used for npcs. Difference is, this game is 100% pay to win.

Archeage EU - Nui

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    dudes playing chicks. and we wonder why the world is the way it is. smh
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well a friend of mine, his father said he rather be looking at a chick's rear end than a dude's. Also for some games the devs decided to gender lock some of their classes.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited March 2017
    Is it me or do the graphics look old and tired?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    The graphics are actually rly nice if you have the computer for it. I run it on max settings and it looks great. I can tell you right now that RipperX has the graphics turned waaaaay down.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    It has the same ascetics as B&S but I will say this. B&S had a complete lack of content outside pvp, revelations has a ton of stuff in it. It basically has everything every other AAA has crammed into it, which leads to some of its own problems but the game is vastly different then Blade and soul.

Biggest issues with Revelations are

1) the game really sucks at the start of it especially levels 1-29 (this is 2-3hrs btw). Until level 40 you are locked into a extended learning session... most the game is locked out.

2) If you are looking for an action mmo this is not an action mmo outside a few classes. Aka do not try to play a healer in action mode.... it does not work well at all.

3) It is not translated yet.... some quest are in full Chinese and they are multiple choice questions... get it wrong and you have to start over... and the questions are random. Yea.....

4) The quest system is complete garbage... way way way way way way too much spamming F and Space to get through quest and 1 quest is like 10 quest in this game for absolutely no reason.

5) The game feels like you are playing a bunch of games crammed into 1. They did a decent job of making it fit, but still it is obvious X element was taken from X mmo.

6) The game is highly focused around dailies. By highly focused I mean almost everything.

7) Alot of various grinds... if you are opposed to working for progression.

8) Outside dailies leveling is hell at 40+. (not as slow as old school mmos, but will feel like a complete grind)

The positives:

1) An absurd amount of stuff to do while leveling up. More then literally any other mmo I have played so far. (Once you unlock stuff 40+)

2) Guild systems in game seem solid.

3) Graphics, honestly they are not bad if it is on full. Not BD quality but better then or equal to most AAA mmos.

4) World Design. Open world, Open dungeons. Not everything instanced. (Some instances but not everything, which is a good thing)

5) A large amount of customization in skills, abilities, stats, crafting and gathering. (Almost to the point of excessive, but is nice to see a mmo do this instead of everyone is the same like in modern mmos)

Things I have no clue on because I have not experienced it. (Honestly these will determine if I stay with the game longterm)

1) Economy: Crafting, Gathering, Making money is it worthwhile endgame or just a stepping stone to get to raid gear like most mmos.

2) Endgame content: Is there a variety of things to do. Or is it Guild Dailys + 1st raid => 2nd raid => 3rd raid => wait for expansion, with some pvp in it.

Personally I would rate this game poor below 30, average 30-40, above average 40-48(Where I am) If endgame has a lot to do and it is not a linear pile of garbage like most mmos... then I would say the game is actually pretty good once you get past the horrible start. But If endgame devolves into running a single hard mode raid once or twice a week and pvp... then it is utter crap.

At least for me endgame is everything because the rest only last for 1-3 month, endgame will last the other potential 50-100 months.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Ripper is the only person I trust when it comes to games that involve pvp...but he's being nice..no way is this game good lol

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Jamar870 said:

Well a friend of mine, his father said he rather be looking at a chick's rear end than a dude's. Also for some games the devs decided to gender lock some of their classes.

None of the classes in RO are gender locked. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

It's exactly like blade and soul, same models are even used for npcs. Difference is, this game is 100% pay to win.

Good lord, another one who's never played yet thinks their qualified to comment. It plays nothing like B&S. RO is much more tab target. B&S is pure action combat. I hate sounding like a white knight esp. for a game I don't care much for but it's tiring seeing people make definitive statements about games they've clearly never played.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Leiloni said:

Forgrimm said:

It's hugely different actually. Open world instead of instanced, probably wider variety of activities to do, different combat (mostly different in the lack of combos and the targeting methods).

Open world is what sold me to this game.

But than i had to go hard way to learn painful truth: the open world is empty. No quests, no mobs,no npc ... nothing - empty spaces.

There is a very linear path around story quests and daily quests that is populated - everything else is just empty decoration.

In fact the game is 100% focuses on re-doing daily quests and dungeons ( and there are not many of them too ) - Its actually worse than most of such asian games

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited March 2017
    I only like the Occultist as healer, but in end game you need spiritshaper for the heals. At beta couldnt get higher than 45, I thought what a drag! fffffffffff auto walk, grind dailies, no que popped for pvp, screaming in chat for group dungeons, when in a group nobody talks, just sprint to end follow them, help them kill and heal etc the end. Sometimes ppl join the group dont talk, dont enter dungeon etc

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Daakkon said:

Just tried this game and it's got some pretty awful animations. I'd rather play bdo or ff14 or even archeage over this tbh.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one seeing this as no one else mentions it
    The animations are so god awful that it made my head hurt while playing
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    edited March 2017
    WTF is wrong with those animations? Somehow they look far too fast (running), or completely broken (jumping) Edit: Never mind, was the first part was just at 200% speed or what?

Hodor!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Xatsh said:
    ....snip....

5) A large amount of customization in skills, abilities, stats, crafting and gathering. (Almost to the point of excessive, but is nice to see a mmo do this instead of everyone is the same like in modern mmos)

...snip....

Considering this point here do you know if there are OP builds that are on the exploity side?  I really like games that allow you to work on a build that lets you faceroll through mobs!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.