Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many MMOs are you actively currently playing? (2017 edition)

Comments

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Just one... ESO... I am no cheater... but I am ALWAYS looking

Sz  :o)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Usually spend time in at least 2.  Usually one solo and the other mmo with my wife if she happens to not like the mmo I'm currently playing.  
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    just because im playing none doesnt mean I hate mmo's lol I just dont like anything thats out right now enough to play it, anything thats decent right now, I burnt myself out on.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Moirae said:
    It really might help if you read the forums before you post for the exact same question. 

Posted yesterday.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7131909/#Comment_7131909  
    It is, in fact, right at this moment the 4th from the top on the exact same forum. 
    that is not the same questions WHATSOEVER lol....
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    LOTRO and ESO! ESO a little more than LOTRO lately! 
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    One atm. BDO is a very demanding mistress. =/

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Sad really, when None is the number 2 choice.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    None for me. 

The last 5 years have not been great for my preferences. I've tried some of the more popular MMOs to be released but I really hate action combat, so its not been good. The non-action combat MMOs have all had really glaring faults so I just haven't gotten into any. 

Currently only looking forward to CU, so 2017 likely to be another bad year for me in terms of MMOs. Still, I live in eternal hope of a good game sometime soon which is why I still lurk here. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Kyleran said:
    Sad really, when None is the number 2 choice.
    It's hard to tell if that answer is true or it's just trendy to say it. We have the same behavior with 'sandbox' and 'open world' as well. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    BDO, SW:TOR, Eve Online.
    i wish i had time to play FFXIV:ARR, but i really, really don't. Truth is, i don't really have enough time to devote to the 3 games i am playing, i've been recently spending more and more time in BDO again, so gameplay in the other 2 games has suffered dramatically :(
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Not one, me enjoying Pixel Privateers...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm not playing any MMORPG's at the moment. Either of bored with the current offerings or waiting on releases.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I have quite a few installed and for most of it, I still manage to pop in each day for at least a few mins just to see what's what. My urge to play a particular MMO comes and goes really fast so it's nice to have a few installed as I can rotate through them whenever I want :)
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I didn't really count any mobile games as they aren't really  MMOs in the traditional sense.  Still playing GW2 off and on.  Waiting on.. something else that strikes my fancy.  

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    LotRO. I can check out but I can never leave.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    right now zip, nothing, zero. Previously quite alot but for the past year or so nothing.
    Just all the old ones got boring and the new ones are nowhere near as good as the older ones, same thing, same shit, differant graphics but rest is the same old shit
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I always was and always will be a serial monogamer.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

There were a few that almost got me. FF14 was ok, but same old thing.

BDO was fairly good, but I hated the AFK leveling and forced PVP at the end. Those were deal breakers. If BDO didn't force PvP, was more PVE focused and didn't have AFK leveling, I would be playing it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Glad to see "one" as a popular response.  Some posters on these forums have accused me of being "weird" for devoting my attention to only one MMORPG at a time. 

Monogamy rules! :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I've been playing TERA to pass the time while I wait for Bless and Project W. Every now and then I snag a beta key for an upcoming MMO, which I guess you can consider me playing two at a time... but it's really just one.

Hopefully one day I can dedicate myself to my 'one and only'.  <3
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    I just rotate between 3 right now since I'm just using it as a time sink and not really trying to achieve anything. Normally I just no life 1 for awhile and then have a break but don't do that anymore.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    "There can be only one"

Purist here, not a tourist.
    We shall rise again brother!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Kyleran said:
    Glad to see "one" as a popular response.  Some posters on these forums have accused me of being "weird" for devoting my attention to only one MMORPG at a time. 

Monogamy rules! :)
    I find it weird that people play more than one at a time....

To each their own.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    One! DAoC Uthgard 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I have tried a bunch of mmorpg but I haven't actively played an mmorpg since The Secret World back in 2012.

The last times I found leveling fun was in rift because clerics had melee specs, in swtor because the story was good enough, also found tsw very different although not that happy about combat. Last time I enjoyed healer mechanics was in tera.

Biggest obstacle of returning to mmorpg is that I find leveling boring.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file