Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many MMOs are you actively currently playing? (2017 edition)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited March 2017 in Polls
How many MMOs are you currently playing (not at the same time of course) and active in? It can be free, buy to play or pay to play MMOs or even in alpha/beta stage.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Post edited by TheScavenger on

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I am active (and also subscribed) to two MMOs. Lord of the Rings Online and World of Warcraft. I like both a lot, though I'm more into LOTRO right now. But WoW has its own charms still, and its nice to be able to switch between the two since only playing one MMO for me gets a little tiring.

I do play games in other genres though...like Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Mount and Blade Warband and Warhammer Total War. Most games I play that aren't MMOs are more strategy/rts or city builders since those don't really work for MMOs (or at least no good ones have been made yet anyway). 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Xodic said:
    Apparently if I don't currently play an MMO, I hate MMOs. 
    Which isn't far from the truth considering the consensus of what they are...
    Well, someone can definitely hate the current state of MMOs, as you kind of pointed out :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    "There can be only one"

Purist here, not a tourist.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited March 2017
    None, idk about hate....thats a strong word not satisfied with the current state is more like it. Why do things have to be absolute for some people like good/evil. If I don't actively currently play any mmos does that really mean I hate mmos?

doesn't make any sense what if the people that aren't currently playing it are just not playing it right now because they are just limited on time all of a sudden or going on vacation for a few weeks does that ever occur to you?
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    actually 1 1/2.

Black Desert is my one mmo but I'm dipping my feet back into Lord of the Rings online bit by bit.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    One P99 till Pantheon Rise of the Fallen or Camelot Unchained... 
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I've been actively playing TSW, and eso mostly but I jump into wow once in a while and I'm thinking about playing lotro again.  I think I have a problem.  I'm not playing any MMO right now though, I'm waiting for a replacement power supply for my PC to come in
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Big fat zero .notta .none,zilch

When a good quality effort comes along.i'll play it but seeing the last 5-10 new games popup on Twitch i would have to say the market looks awful,would be lucky i give any these new games a 4-5/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I'm not currently playing what I think of as an MMO but I am playing a few games some people think are MMO's but aren't.

That doesn't mean I hate MMO's. It just means I don't have one worth playing at the moment.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    You can only play 1 mmorpg at a time, whoever says otherwise is making 0 progress in any of the many they play. Mmorpg = grind with daily/weekly if you play more than 1 you won't be able to even grind the easy dailys let alone end game and gearing up.
    Just playing FFXIV at the moment I do try other games here and there but only play 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited March 2017
    Currently I have 3 subs, but two of them are about to roll off. I maintain a FFXIV sub because I like the game and have the annual thing, but I'm not actively playing it right now.

I can only really play one MMO at a time though. I was on WoW when Legion released, I went over to ESO for a bit, I'm starting to fall back over to WoW since my guild there has started to pick back up but that could change.

Really depends on whichever game I get involved in an active guild/community - that's the one I'll spend most of my time in.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    It really might help if you read the forums before you post for the exact same question. 

Posted yesterday.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7131909/#Comment_7131909  
    It is, in fact, right at this moment the 4th from the top on the exact same forum. 
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Only MMO I'm playing if FFXIV... but I'm probably part way though about a half dozen single player games at the moment.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Moirae said:
    It really might help if you read the forums before you post for the exact same question. 

Posted yesterday.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7131909/#Comment_7131909  
    It is, in fact, right at this moment the 4th from the top on the exact same forum. 
    That isn't the same question at all though.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Answered two but it is hard to answer.  TSW is the only "MMO" I play right now that is a typical MMO.  Warframe is what I play most but it isn't really a true MMO?  Play WoT but it is a MOBA.  I am hoping for an MMO to come sweep me off my feet though and make me want it as my one and only.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    You can only play 1 mmorpg at a time, whoever says otherwise is making 0 progress in any of the many they play. Mmorpg = grind with daily/weekly if you play more than 1 you won't be able to even grind the easy dailys let alone end game and gearing up.
    Just playing FFXIV at the moment I do try other games here and there but only play 1.
    lol what a narrow, dim-witted but unfortunately typical view of MMO's
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited March 2017
    atm none....waiting on Stormblood :/ , but trying some here and there .....w/o sucess

praying for Pantheon in the meantime too
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I worked it out.  168 hours in a week, of which you spend;
    56 hours sleeping or resting
    40 working
    16 or so work related (lunch, travel to and from, prepping clothing, extra work stuff at home, and so on)
    20 or so living (eating, shopping, grooming, running errands, etc)
    That's 132 hours, leaving 36 for optional stuff.

If you have family (like me), pets (like me) and interests other than computer gaming (like me), that leaves no more than 20 for games.  A lot of weeks its only 10-15.  It would be really really hard to spread that 10-20 hours a week over more than one game, unless you can take it from other categories.  Who needs sleep?  I can always work part time and live in a cardboard box!  Who needs to shower? (ewwwww)

Of course, there are those out there who game with their families or game for a living (lucky little shits) who can deduct time from the work and family categories.  That is my holy grail, btw...

So that's one game at a time for me, and right now that game is DCUO on Xbox One.  When Bless Online releases, that will be the only one I have time for, and when Ship of Heroes goes into testing, well, good luck finding me anywhere else...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited March 2017
    I don't have time to balance two MMOs. I have to get at least one character to max level before I even think of moving to another.

It does sound a bit romantic when you put it that way lol.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    None, actively that is. Still subbed to FF14 but finding it hard to find any incentive to log in. Probably should cancel my sub since I'm pretty much not using it except for like 1 day every 2-3 weeks or so. Just cant seem to find one that grabs me by the collar. Also waiting for Pantheon...looks amazing!! 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    GladDog said:
    40 working
    16 or so work related (lunch, travel to and from, prepping clothing, extra work stuff at home, and so on)

If you have family (like me), pets (like me) and interests other than computer gaming (like me), that leaves no more than 20 for games.  A lot of weeks its only 10-15.  It would be really really hard to spread that 10-20 hours a week over more than one game, unless you can take it from other categories.  Who needs sleep?  I can always work part time and live in a cardboard box!  Who needs to shower? (ewwwww)

Of course, there are those out there who game with their families or game for a living (lucky little shits) who can deduct time from the work and family categories.  That is my holy grail, btw...

So that's one game at a time for me, and right now that game is DCUO on Xbox One.  When Bless Online releases, that will be the only one I have time for, and when Ship of Heroes goes into testing, well, good luck finding me anywhere else...
    Just replace "business" with "mmo's"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    only have time for one and LOTRO consumes all of it
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    Big fat zero .notta .none,zilch

When a good quality effort comes along.i'll play it but seeing the last 5-10 new games popup on Twitch i would have to say the market looks awful,would be lucky i give any these new games a 4-5/10.

Not surprising from someone who doesn't like gaming of any kind.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited March 2017
    Xodic said:
    Apparently if I don't currently play an MMO, I hate MMOs. 
    Which isn't far from the truth considering the consensus of what they are...

Yeah, I think we could all do without the commentary after each choice.

GladDog said:
    40 working

If you have family (like me), pets (like me) and interests other than computer gaming (like me), that leaves no more than 20 for games.  A lot of weeks its only 10-15. <snip>
    I wish. If I get eight hours, it's a miracle.

Roughly two on Saturday. Four on Sunday. Maybe one or two during the week.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file