Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

firstimer in Black Desert

oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
After being bombed with banners about this game i started looking up this game on youtube and i COULD like this to be honest....BUT a 10 hour download ????? RLY ???? is that just me or do you guys all had to wait for 10 hours of downloading and patching b4 you could play??

Comments

• gr33narrowgr33narrow Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited March 2017
    how long the download time is a function of both your internet speed and how big the game files are. So as to your question of how long we waited to play it.. erm.. this varies case by case. I do like the game tho and am currently playing it.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    bdo patch/download servers are pretty fast if you ask me.

I am downloading with 20 mb/sec takes me about 40 min
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    how long the download time is a function of both your internet speed and how big the game files are. So as to your question of how long we waited to play it.. erm.. this varies case by case. I do like the game tho and am currently playing it.
    my internet speed is pretty good but it wont download faster then 1.3MB per second....seems to be the the downloader that restricts the download :( .
    This game better be good then....

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    bdo patch/download servers are pretty fast if you ask me.

I am downloading with 20 mb/sec takes me about 40 min
    in most downloads my speed is close to yours (not that high but close :p ) but now its no faster then 1.3 MB :angry:

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I never had any issues with it... of course, I also downloaded it in parts, since I started playing at launch.
    Some of those patches are HUGE though... BDO's a respectable 50GB at the moment, which will grow again by the end of this month when Kamasylvia goes live (if it doesn't get delayed).

I hope you let it download over night lol, and yes, it's worth it IMO. Not everyone's taste of course, but I love it. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    oubers said:
    After being bombed with banners about this game i started looking up this game on youtube and i COULD like this to be honest....BUT a 10 hour download ????? RLY ???? is that just me or do you guys all had to wait for 10 hours of downloading and patching b4 you could play??

I waited longer but I don't have great internet where I am (which is funny as I live in a major city).

It's a big game, it is what it is.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I found that when it was a consistently slow speed that closing the patcher and restarting the download can speed it up significantly.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    BDO is on par with games these days, MMO and otherwise.
    GTA5 70GB
    BDO 50GB
    Fallout 4 35GB (the high texture version is 60GB)
    FF14 35GB
    Tera Online 38GB

You get where I am going.
    I also get where you are going. I'd say this is the biggest reason for MMO decline in North America. Internet service providers in North America are quite content to rake us for $200 a month and up for this level of service.
  • derMemoryderMemory Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I have fiber internet speeds and I'm only getting 0.60 mb/s. I'd consider this fairly unacceptable. I will still give it a chance though.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited March 2020
    free2play said:
    GTA5 70GB
    Both nice and also infuriating to open time capsules in form of necro posts :)

GTA V started with about 45 Gb, apparently was 70 two years later, currently it's near 100 Gb... the very. f*cking. game it was in 2015 too. (not to mention 2013, since those a$$es only released it on PC two years after launch)

And why you need to download (if you have the digital version and no discs :) ) almost 100 Gb now for a game which has no changes nor additions compared to the original 45 Gb version? Because of the shitty Online. Doesn't matter if you don't use it, and just want the story experience.

To avoid being completely off-topic (apologies, just loathe the fact Rockstar does nothing anymore beyond milking the Online, even Houser left them), a fresh BDO install nowadays is around 40 Gb. It expands a bit as you reach higher regions.