Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate the Primal Matrix with a Free Level 50 Character - WildStar News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCelebrate the Primal Matrix with a Free Level 50 Character - WildStar News

The WildStar team is excited about Wednesday's launch of Primal Matrix, its brand new end-game progression system. Being twitterpated shows too with today's announcement that will see all players who log in at launch receiving a free Level 50 character.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    For over an year I have been meaning to start Wildstar again but I was always lazy to level a char. It seems the time has come
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Why not its free.
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    I've never been able to make it past lvl 15 without getting bored and giving up. Might have to check this out to see if it's any more interesting at higher levels.
  • MenacerxMenacerx Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited March 2017
    I love the game, but at max level it's the most unfriendly mmo I have ever played, next one would be The Secret World. Adventures are just not worth the time commitment, dungeons are very hard (I tank), and the space things are just worthless. PvP queues never pop and the raids are not fun.

I enjoy the journey, I don't really like the destination.

Menacer
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    That is a bold move.

I like it!!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    A good move, indeed! Downloading the patch then, despite having way too many other games on my plate.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Couldn't even download it without the thing hanging up. Support desk asking to go into directories, remove files, remove anti-virus (which I don't do for anything and have downloaded countless games), actually go into files and start editing them.

Still didn't get it working, and it's their issue as far as I'm concerned. The list of games on my pc is significant and didn't have any messing about with any of them.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Since their end game content is hard and requires good reflexes and such this is a good move it will attract those who like the end game but hate the levelling up to get there.

• chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    it is like saying our game is boring here get a free 50lv.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited March 2017
    chanming said:
    The unfortunate truth is that the majority of the game's population isn't new, which makes the leveling areas relatively deserted.  While Wildstar has no shortage of activities that it offers (and sometimes blatantly so, using the UI equivalent of a 25-ft tall neon glowing pointer finger), playing through such a deserted world can seem kind of futile, no matter how many different activities the game offers.

To that end, this is a good move.  I thought the combat system created by Carbine fits into the game itself pretty well, though I understand it's a big difference in combat feedback that can be hard to acclimate to.  The boss mechanics are all varied and interesting, too.  But playing the entire 1-50 solo isn't what I subscribe to MMORPGS for.

• bbates024bbates024 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Menacerx said:

I love the game, but at max level it's the most unfriendly mmo I have ever played, next one would be The Secret World. Adventures are just not worth the time commitment, dungeons are very hard (I tank), and the space things are just worthless. PvP queues never pop and the raids are not fun.

I enjoy the journey, I don't really like the destination.

Menacer

That's probably a little misleading. Wildstar is just different it's not extremely hard once you understand the mechanics of it. Interrupting in dungeons is more important then flat out dps. Wildstar has some of the best combat and raids I've ever seen. I try and go back and play other games and I just can't do they feel dull and uninspired. Grab your free 50 join a guild and start having fun!
  • ministabberministabber Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Same sort of post appeared when raiding went from 40 to 20 man, starting to think all the old guard need to move over and let the new kids on the block have their turn! MMO's have changed, all of them, if you don't like the change ? Then play another game type :) Wildstar, best housing dungeons and raids...nuff said.
  • keyviskeyvis Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited March 2017

This is very one sided view/opinion about the patch, pretending to tell you "the truth". Many players like incoming changes... just check if you'll like those by yourself or not.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

chanming said:

WoW Char Booster wants to have a word with you ..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'll give it another go, can't beat the price.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Ouch

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/5xjohb/primal_matrix_update_the_truth/

To the new players reading this, I advise you hold out and wait for a better mmo or for this one to fix itself.

To the veteran players reading this I advise you to re-watch Stephan Frost’s dev speak videos and remember a better time, remember why you invested so much time in a quirky, wacky, crazy game like wildstar all those years ago and realize that this update is not wildstar anymore.

nhat said:

Ouch

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/5xjohb/primal_matrix_update_the_truth/

To the new players reading this, I advise you hold out and wait for a better mmo or for this one to fix itself.

To the veteran players reading this I advise you to re-watch Stephan Frost’s dev speak videos and remember a better time, remember why you invested so much time in a quirky, wacky, crazy game like wildstar all those years ago and realize that this update is not wildstar anymore.

Really .. this is your advice? For a free game with a free lvl 50 char ? To hold out and wait ( how long?! ) for a better ( discutable ) mmo?

You can't go wrong trying Wildstar right now.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited March 2017
    I see they've had lvl 50 boosts for sale since 14 Jul 2016, no wonder they're giving some away now, looks like with a few less items then on a purchased one. This should be interesting, at least I get to check out housing now, could never get my characters past level 7, and I usually go crazy with PvE leveling, doing every class.

Time Locked??? These guys...

The Matrix The Primal Matrix is blocked by a time gate, that is to say you cannot complete the matrix faster than anyone else. An experienced veteran player who plays 3-4 hours every day will complete the matrix at the same time a green and inexperienced player would spending 2-3 hours per week. This is because while common essences (Red, Green, Blue) can be farmed at any rate, rare essences (purple) can only be obtained by dailies and in order to move to another cluster of nodes in the matrix you must expend purple essences. Therefore how quickly you complete the matrix is not dependent on how much time you spend. It is dependent on how consistent you are on completing your dailies. It is also worth noting these dailies cannot be held onto, if you miss it you've just lost a day.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Sounds like desperation before shutdown.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Hmm, what class to roll? Any suggestions? :)

could never get my characters past level 7, and I usually go crazy with PvE leveling, doing every class.

The Primal Matrix is blocked by a time gate, that is to say you cannot complete the matrix faster than anyone else. An experienced veteran player who plays 3-4 hours every day will complete the matrix at the same time a green and inexperienced player would spending 2-3 hours per week.

What .. exactly are you saying? That you are a "good" reader but a bad player? And yet, here you are, giving advices?

Nice ..

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Hmm I stopped at level 40.. I'm not really interested in getting a new character with max boost but this does motivate me to finish the story after all this time.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Nah, character boosts are terrible. All you get is a load of players who dont know how to play trying to do end game content. This game is even harder than most so they are going to get boosted, get destroyed in any of the endgame content and rage quit. Even the good players won't stand out because the inexperienced will drag them down with them.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    You know something is wrong with your game when you are offering free max level characters and it hasn't even been 3 years since launch.