Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the Space MMO to watch.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Looking at this game and this is definitely the space sim to watch for.   They have reasonable developers who will actually give you a solid game by 2018.  Its a sandbox mmo space game.  You can build bases, trade, ect ect....    This game will be everything Star Citizen hopes to be and much much sooner available to the public.  

now please be reasonable they will polish the graphics and animations.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    filmoret said:
    Looking at this game and this is definitely the space sim to watch for.   They have reasonable developers who will actually give you a solid game by 2018.  Its a sandbox mmo space game.  You can build bases, trade, ect ect....    This game will be everything Star Citizen hopes to be and much much sooner available to the public.  

now please be reasonable they will polish the graphics and animations.
    Hahaha now your post about star citizens being bad makes sense.
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited March 2017
    Just the little research I did. I don't see why you have faith in this lol. They made 500k from kick starter, have bigger dreams than every one, and you think this will succeed where 200 plus million will fail.
    Dual Universe is a space simulation sandbox massively multiplayer online video game under development by Novaquark. It is said to combine elements of Eve Online and Star Citizen, as well as Minecraft, No Man’s Sky, and Space Engineers

I mean that is some hearty goals. As for making a mmo with Minecraft destructive world's, doesn't work very well. Ask xysom how that worked. Better yet go download starbound, and get 100 people to play, and see how they end up bitching and fighting over how some one broke Thier pixels. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Show me where they have the financial backing to pull this off and I'll believe it.

Until then just another indie promising miracles.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited March 2017
    You will see.  They will do what star citizen failed to do with over 200 million.  I mean hell NMS did what Star Citizen failed to do with a budget of zero.   You realize that NMS engine was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  Maybe people just don't realize how horribly managed and wrong Star Citizen is so they use it for comparison on what other companies are capable of.  
    Post edited by filmoret on
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    "You realize that NMS was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week." Oh really? Does NMS = No Man's Sky? That's what I presume anyways.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    I am not easily persuaded by a local-run trailer and promises on a website.
    Every company shows nice trailers on 0 ping and promises the world.

Call me when it is released and 6 months after that.
    I'll read up on the reviews, try a trial and who knows.....

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    filmoret said:
    You realize that NMS was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  
    Eh?

The game's original prototype was worked on by Hello Games' Sean Murray who wanted to create a game about the spirit of exploration inspired by the optimistic science fiction of Isaac AsimovArthur C. Clarke and Robert Heinlein and the cover artwork of these works in the 1970s and 1980s.[27][28] Development expanded into a small four-person team prior to its first teaser in December 2013. About a dozen developers worked on the game in the three years leading up to its release, with Sony Interactive Entertainment providing promotional and marketing support.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    filmoret said:
    You will see.  They will do what star citizen failed to do with over 200 million.  I mean hell NMS did what Star Citizen failed to do with a budget of zero.   You realize that NMS was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  Maybe people just don't realize how horribly managed and wrong Star Citizen is so they use it for comparison on what other companies are capable of.  
    Don't let your hate for Star Citizen cause you to become illogical, lol

Dual Universe is a highly ambitious game, like many indies before it. Nobody knows if they can actually deliver the game as promised, let alone when promised. It is very much "in development".

If they succeed, I'll be throwing money at them with careless abandon, but until then I'll remain highly sceptical. DU will either be a great niche game or a total disaster...
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Is this how No Man Sky was supposed to be?

Or maybe the formula of NMS was so successful that we get clones now. With formula I mean, make impossible promises, take advantage of it by pumping sales, and than worry about the consequences later. Or maybe they can improve on NMS formula by planning ahead how to run with the money right after launch.

Jokes aside, as usual, on paper it looks very promising.
    edited March 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    filmoret said:
    You realize that NMS was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  
    Eh?

The game's original prototype was worked on by Hello Games' Sean Murray who wanted to create a game about the spirit of exploration inspired by the optimistic science fiction of Isaac AsimovArthur C. Clarke and Robert Heinlein and the cover artwork of these works in the 1970s and 1980s.[27][28] Development expanded into a small four-person team prior to its first teaser in December 2013. About a dozen developers worked on the game in the three years leading up to its release, with Sony Interactive Entertainment providing promotional and marketing support.

Oh crap i meant to say game engine.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    filmoret said:
    Forgrimm said:
    filmoret said:
    Eh?

Thats odd we have two different wiki's saying two different things about how it was created.
    One person in 1 year? If you believe that I have some lovely ocean front property in Minnesota,USA I'd like to sell you. :-)
  • HerbinLegendHerbinLegend Member UncommonPosts: 28
    filmoret said:
    You will see.  They will do what star citizen failed to do with over 200 million.  I mean hell NMS did what Star Citizen failed to do with a budget of zero.   You realize that NMS was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  Maybe people just don't realize how horribly managed and wrong Star Citizen is so they use it for comparison on what other companies are capable of.  
    Don't let your hate for Star Citizen cause you to become illogical, lol

Dual Universe is a highly ambitious game, like many indies before it. Nobody knows if they can actually deliver the game as promised, let alone when promised. It is very much "in development".

If they succeed, I'll be throwing money at them with careless abandon, but until then I'll remain highly sceptical. DU will either be a great niche game or a total disaster...
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well. 

Already have concepts for ship builds floating around in my gray-space.

Can't get my pen to write in this space.

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I did not back this one, but I am following it.

This game will be different then SC.  I am planning on playing SC, if  it works out,  but will be checking out this one to.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited March 2017
    Demos are so slick now a days it's really hard to tell until actual game play.

This guy didn't like it.

Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

This guy didn't like it.

Hard for me to take that dude's review, or whatever that is, seriously; at the 7:25-ish mark when he comments on the ships flying by a planet, he suggests that the camera is panning right and the ships aren't actually moving. Same thing when he comments about the ships warping off into hyperspace, he comments that the camera is panning away from the ships. If you use the planet's position as a point of reference, it's clear to see that it is not the camera panning in either case, but that the ships are indeed, moving.

He is skeptically clueless.

This guy didn't like it.

He totally looks like someone we should listen to.

This guy didn't like it.

I'm not knocking the guy in general, just those specific comments in that review, because it's misinformation... He's presenting those specific comments as 'facts'. He doesn't say, 'I think the camera is panning right/backwards.' or 'It looks like the camera is panning right/backwards.' He says, 'the ships aren't moving/flying, they're stationary ...' And it's quite clear that isn't the case.

Difficult to write an honest, informed review on a game, or in-game footage of a game, without the firsthand experience of playing said game.

edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
    You will see.  They will do what star citizen failed to do with over 200 million.  I mean hell NMS did what Star Citizen failed to do with a budget of zero.   You realize that NMS engine was produced by one person in 1 year with just a few days a week.  Maybe people just don't realize how horribly managed and wrong Star Citizen is so they use it for comparison on what other companies are capable of.  
    Well, no, I'm not expecting a SC budget, but I have to see something around $20-30M
    Though being a space game, perhaps it will take a bit less, and we'll find out one day if it launches.

Also, not sure I'd hold up NMS as any real measure of success. ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Lots of these games "look" great and I dont think I have ever heard a developer talk about an upcoming game that didnt make it sound like it was totally awesome.  However, what is shown and told to us, seldom matches what we actually get.

I will wait for the actual release and reviews before making any future game purchases.  I am no longer pre-ordering or backing any kickstarters.  I am so tired of all the hype.  I really "hope" these guys can pull off what they are saying, but the cynic in me is not holding its breath.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217
    edited March 2017
    I understand people are unwilling to believe NovaQaurk's claims. Though as I have said a couple of times on this site before, look into the man behind NQ. JC the founder and lead developer isnt just anyone. Just read his wikipedia page. Me being from Europe am very familiar with his name and work.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe_Baillie

Just recently he was invited to speak at the french senate about the social and economic impact of AI. 

On the subject of funding, NQ was founded about 2/ 3 years ago when JC had finished his prototype software behind the game. Up until the KS the project was funded on his money and that of other investors. The KS was his way to remain independant from the possible requests for changes to the game from his investors. There is more money behind NQ then just the KS funds.

All this information is out there on the internet.
    Beyond that NQ isnt exactly building content, they are developing tech, tools and systems. That is a lot cheaper then building 100s of quests and npc's. 

The single shard universe isnt just marketing speak. Its build on tech developed by JC, its based on tech used in the telecom industry. There are videos demonstrating the game in action in its pre alpha state. It has been played by members of the community as well.

You really cant compare NMS or SC to Dual Universe. Its unfair to all of them to do so. Its very healthy to be cautious about big claims. Even more when it seems to come from an outsider. But in this case there is a lot backing up the claims.

As always time will tell.
    But I honestly think people will be pleasantly surprised. 

Honestly any noob can easily identify the greatness that NMS showed us as gamers.  The possibilities opened up by that game showed us that its within our grasp and it doesn't take a 200mil development budget to get it.  This is literally a slap in the face showing how one really smart person is capable of creating something that AAA companies cannot or just lack the imagination to do so.  We are on the brink of something in gaming that this type of engine will bring to the table.  It all evolves around Procedural Generation, Seeds, Artificial Intelligence.   It looks very promising for us as gamers.
    filmoret said:
    Honestly any noob can easily identify the greatness that NMS showed us as gamers.  The possibilities opened up by that game showed us that its within our grasp and it doesn't take a 200mil development budget to get it.  This is literally a slap in the face showing how one really smart person is capable of creating something that AAA companies cannot or just lack the imagination to do so.  We are on the brink of something in gaming that this type of engine will bring to the table.  It all evolves around Procedural Generation, Seeds, Artificial Intelligence.   It looks very promising for us as gamers.
    How's that multiplayer access going in NMS?

Yeah, not too hard for a small team to make a single player game, done with some regularity and often without such withering criticism.

But a full featured MMORPG up to today's production expectations? I'll believe it when I see it.

Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    How's that multiplayer access going in NMS?

Yeah, not too hard for a small team to make a single player game, done with some regularity and often without such withering criticism.

But a full featured MMORPG up to today's production expectations? I'll believe it when I see it.
    I didnt say NMS was a perfect game.  It definitely has some major issues.  Its like the guy who invented the first wheel.  The first wheel is nothing like we have today but somehow it was first and changed the world.
    Sabas said:
    I understand people are unwilling to believe NovaQaurk's claims. Though as I have said a couple of times on this site before, look into the man behind NQ. JC the founder and lead developer isnt just anyone. Just read his wikipedia page. Me being from Europe am very familiar with his name and work.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Christophe_Baillie

Just recently he was invited to speak at the french senate about the social and economic impact of AI. 

On the subject of funding, NQ was founded about 2/ 3 years ago when JC had finished his prototype software behind the game. Up until the KS the project was funded on his money and that of other investors. The KS was his way to remain independant from the possible requests for changes to the game from his investors. There is more money behind NQ then just the KS funds.

All this information is out there on the internet.
    Beyond that NQ isnt exactly building content, they are developing tech, tools and systems. That is a lot cheaper then building 100s of quests and npc's. 

The single shard universe isnt just marketing speak. Its build on tech developed by JC, its based on tech used in the telecom industry. There are videos demonstrating the game in action in its pre alpha state. It has been played by members of the community as well.

You really cant compare NMS or SC to Dual Universe. Its unfair to all of them to do so. Its very healthy to be cautious about big claims. Even more when it seems to come from an outsider. But in this case there is a lot backing up the claims.

As always time will tell.
    But I honestly think people will be pleasantly surprised. 

Your "pitch" sounds almost exactly line the one recently made by the "Ashes of Creation" team.

I'll say it again here, if they really plan to deliver something astounding they need significant funding.

When I see such firms with their hands out for paltry amounts of crowd funding I strongly have my doubts.

But hey they can easily prove me wrong so let's see what they launch with.

Any idea when that will be exactly. ;)