Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New home for old UO players and new beginning for lineage players

LyotropicLyotropic Member Posts: 1
Cant wait for this game, will be like the old Ultima Online days when u can attack anyone you want when you want, so there is more interesting having to watch your back for thiefs trying to kill you. Now the graphics are playable for the old lineage players that couldnt stand the ugliness of it. Hope to see everyone that reads this try this game cause it will be the best to date online world, it may seem simple and boring at first but once you lvl up and try to take down a castle, or even fly your own dragon....shit wtf is more fun than that lolz, if your gunna try any morpg game this LIFETIME try this one, i played the korean beat 2 its sweet, and they fixed alot of things from the first 1 for sure. Sure alot of people say there isnt alot of spells or races, but what would u rather have balance or stupid looking races and useless spells ?? ofcouse useful spells and cool races which is what lineage2 is all about. Also the fact you can have fun doing solo missions in the game like pking ^^ and not forced to team like DAOC, but yet still offers a very good guild system. From what i can tell from playing the korean beta i give this game a 8.9 / 10, and that was in korean and i couldnt even do most of the things possible. Play for 3 months and youll be hooked.

Comments

• porkasporkas Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Lyotropic Cant wait for this game, will be like the old Ultima Online days when u can attack anyone you want when you want, so there is more interesting having to watch your back for thiefs trying to kill you.....

Sorry Lyotropic but the NA version will probably not contain as much hardcore as the korean does so there might be pk servers and non pk servers for the NA people

"Only the good die young so I'd rather stay evil"

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

If you want full PvP play Shadowbane... you can kill people then take screen shots as you dance on their dead body.

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

that just makes me feel lame

Yup, made me feel lame to having someone dancing on my grave too. :)

-Raptor

lol well blaim it on US and Canada

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Most people who are playing Lineage I actually refuse to play Lineage II. The biggest complaint is the company.

And about the constantly watching your back, that's a joke. No one will kill you. There's a thing called "karma" (was originally called chaotic points in Lineage I) that you gain when you kill someone or a lawful animal. If you have any points at all (The max number in Lineage I was over 30,000), you cannot buy from stores, cannot talk to NPCs, drop more items on death (the number more depending on how many points you have), and other people can attack you for no reason. If someone went chaotic in Lineage I, they either really meant it, or they had a plan to unchao up their sleave.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli

L2 will have that feature to but It's been changed it's not a copie of L1 system

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Actually I've played Lineage II for several months this past summer. I played it off and on for the months, of course; it got boring very quickly. It's horridly repetitive until you get high enough to siege.

And if you read my post, I know it isn't a "copie" of Lineage I's system, it's what I mentioned up above with "karma points." Please do actually play one or the other.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli

Planetside doesn't really count. It's tribes2 online, first person shooter, of course it's PvP. Planetside isn't even considered a MMORPG says SOE. Playing a MMORPG with PvP can be fun and crappy, depends on the positives and negatives of being killed or doing the killing.

-Raptor

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773
    It's wierd that you mention that, I am a former UO player and cannot wait for this game to come out!! It looks so good.

• LoioshLoiosh Member Posts: 12

I wish more MMORPGs would drop the level based skill systems.   I believe repetition of use of certain skills is the best method of character advancement in a game.   Ultima Online is a good example.   ==And as for PvP :  A necessity.  Some complain about PKs killing new players but I believe that in most occasions this isn't the case.   As a pure-PvPer in UO, I always targeted the more experienced players because they  usually had more stuff, hence, adding to the most rewarding feeling of being the victor of a battle with a something other than scripted AI .

And I like the idea about the chaos points (karma system).  Also very similar to UO...