Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found My new MMO Home

xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
I was a little skeptical at first after having played so many mmos. I was playing WoW for a long time, but before that I missed the pvp gameplay from lineage 2. Castle sieges and open world pvp was the most fun I had in an MMO. Now there are castle sieges in Revelations online, but there are many other aspects to the game. 

I got away from WoW because of the raiding grind for gear. Well in Revelations online the best gear you get is from crafting. YOu can still do daily quests, bgs, arenas, pve solo dungeons, pve trial dungeons, fishing, ect. But what grabs me the most is that the best gear comes from crafting. This game has endless amount of content. When I log in there is just so much to do you don't know where to begin. You can go at your own pace to which makes it more of a game then a rush to the finish. Playing this game I don't have to rush to max level to raid for gear. The game does have raid dungeons and regular dungeons but you run those to get materials to craft gear. In the end it all comes to crafted gear as being better. 

I know a lot of people blast the game for being F2p and P2W etc. but for me the game is fun. Also if you join a guild it is for a sense of purpose other than for obtaining castles. In your guild you build a base with your guild, gather resources, give contribution, get skills etc. It makes joining a guild purposeful in a good way. I personally have only played the game for one week but thus far i'm having the time of my life. I'm proud to have found an MMO that has so much fun content that I enjoy logging in and it doesn't feel like a chore. 

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

Comments

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    DMKano said:
    Hey if you are having fun that's all that counts.

I personally found the game just inferior in every way to Aion/BDO/AA/Tera so - zero compelling reason to actually invest any time into it.

You said one week - curious to see how long you stay with it.
    I guess everyone has different tastes but yes I am having so much fun. As for the game being inferior i can't agree there. I mean it takes aspects from all games and puts them into one. Its like a lineage 2, Aion, WoW, BDO, Tera mix into one. I hope you would give it a further try and see if you like it. Between how far in level did you get before you felt it wasn't good for you? I am currently level 40.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited March 2017
    I also like the game for pretty much the same reasons. 

Once you hit level 20 everything starts to open up. The more you level more things to do just start to open up for you. Revelation Online gives you choices of things to do and that is really all I ask for in a mmo.  Its not the next big thing but its a nice little game that should holdup unless the game goes pay to win or gets take over by cheaters. 

To me its a mix of Age Of Wushu, Perfect World, Blade And Soul and Aion. 

Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 

Recore said:
    I also like the game for pretty much the same reasons. 

Once you hit level 20 everything starts to open up. The more you level more things to do just start to open up for you. Revelation Online gives you choices of things to do and that is really all I ask for in a mmo.  Its not the next big thing but its a nice little game that should holdup unless the game goes pay to win or gets take over by cheaters. 

To me its a mix of Age Of Wushu, Perfect World, Blade And Soul and Aion. 

Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 

oh of course it is not totally revolutionary but the game is fun. and as for the pvp I agree guild drama back in lineage 2 was the best haha

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    As for cheaters taking over the game, the gold sellers have taken over the chat.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    xion12121 said:
    I was a little skeptical at first after having played so many mmos. I was playing WoW for a long time, but before that I missed the pvp gameplay from lineage 2. Castle sieges and open world pvp was the most fun I had in an MMO. Now there are castle sieges in Revelations online, but there are many other aspects to the game. 

I got away from WoW because of the raiding grind for gear. Well in Revelations online the best gear you get is from crafting. YOu can still do daily quests, bgs, arenas, pve solo dungeons, pve trial dungeons, fishing, ect. But what grabs me the most is that the best gear comes from crafting. This game has endless amount of content. When I log in there is just so much to do you don't know where to begin. You can go at your own pace to which makes it more of a game then a rush to the finish. Playing this game I don't have to rush to max level to raid for gear. The game does have raid dungeons and regular dungeons but you run those to get materials to craft gear. In the end it all comes to crafted gear as being better. 

I know a lot of people blast the game for being F2p and P2W etc. but for me the game is fun. Also if you join a guild it is for a sense of purpose other than for obtaining castles. In your guild you build a base with your guild, gather resources, give contribution, get skills etc. It makes joining a guild purposeful in a good way. I personally have only played the game for one week but thus far i'm having the time of my life. I'm proud to have found an MMO that has so much fun content that I enjoy logging in and it doesn't feel like a chore. 
    You say that the best gear is from crafting, but you do dungeons or raids to get the materials for it.  How is that any different from the gear dropping directly, plus an extra step of having to craft it?  I'm playing Tree of Savior right now, and while the best gear is often crafted, it also tends to be that nearly all of the value of a piece of expensive gear is in some component (sometimes but not always the recipe) that you get from dungeons, then you add in some cheap components on the auction house and craft the gear.  Is that what Revelation does, or is the crafting system deeper than that?

You also say that joining a guild is purposeful.  That's in contrast to most MMORPGs where a guild is a chat channel and little more.  What exactly makes guilds purposeful in Revelation that you couldn't just as well do solo?

These are serious questions, and I'm not saying you're wrong.  I'm merely trying to find out if I should look into the game more once it's out.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2017
    xion12121 said:
     I personally have only played the game for one week but thus far i'm having the time of my life.
    Get back to us after you've rounded your 3rd year, then you've found a MMO "home"

Right now you're just staying at a "Holiday Inn Express"  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    You've been playing for a week and you're convinced you found your "new home"?

I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Quizzical said:
    xion12121 said:

You say that the best gear is from crafting, but you do dungeons or raids to get the materials for it.  How is that any different from the gear dropping directly, plus an extra step of having to craft it?  I'm playing Tree of Savior right now, and while the best gear is often crafted, it also tends to be that nearly all of the value of a piece of expensive gear is in some component (sometimes but not always the recipe) that you get from dungeons, then you add in some cheap components on the auction house and craft the gear.  Is that what Revelation does, or is the crafting system deeper than that?

You also say that joining a guild is purposeful.  That's in contrast to most MMORPGs where a guild is a chat channel and little more.  What exactly makes guilds purposeful in Revelation that you couldn't just as well do solo?

These are serious questions, and I'm not saying you're wrong.  I'm merely trying to find out if I should look into the game more once it's out.
    Quiz

He is actually sort of right and sort of wrong, there is nothing required from dungeons to craft the gear that cannot be purchased from vendors with the correct standings to them.
    The blueprints come from a weekly monster chain of 120 quests (you get a random gold blueprint every 40 quests), so 3 a week
    these crafted then just require basic materials from the wild - ie gathered normal way.

What the dungeons offer is a stop gap gear (which again can be purchased,, but only purple and not gold)

All items that drop in dungeons so far and ive jsut hit 49.7 tonight, just mean you dont have to do the standings grind 

Their crafting whilst it has flaws, it actually far better than your average themepark , its indepth, and actually encourages team work, no single toon can make what you would require because of the (dreaded) labour points, however, each toon on your account has its own seperate labour points and regenaration, so you could be an alto-holic and still manage to craft happily :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    kairel182 said:

I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?
    People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.
    Well, I don't care if he's having fun...so...

Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Is this game more fun then spank the monkey?   http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Spank-the-Monkey.html

kairel182 said:

People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.

Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.
    Have you played the game? What can you tell me about the good and bad about it? If not there is nothing constructive in what you are saying.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2017
    xion12121 said:
    kairel182 said:

Have you played the game? What can you tell me about the good and bad about it? If not there is nothing constructive in what you are saying.
    Just as pointless as creating a new thread here and saying he's found a new home after a week in.

No one is looking to make new friends here, and snarkiness reigns freely. :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    I was going to make the same point as Quizzical but my UFC was on so i had to put it aside and forget lol.
    The more i read   and talk to people,i get a real sense there are a lot of naive people in this world.
    People that do not understand what the developer is up to or ripping them off,they do not understand the game design and just blind even to obvious advertising,thinking some website is legit claiming a game is good.
    A LOT of people out there need to wake up,you'll get run over and exploited otherwise.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    I'm actually really enjoying this game as well, but I have one major gripe with it. This is the first time ever that i've been restricted from grinding mobs after a certain point. I was rather surprised by the fact that they're limited how much time I can actually play. I can grind to the mob xp cap in about 30 minutes to an hour, and then i'm not allowed to get more XP from them until the next day. Would be interested to hear the reasoning behind this... but I find it really annoying. At least I have other games to play.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    mcrippins said:
    I can grind to the mob xp cap in about 30 minutes to an hour, and then i'm not allowed to get more XP from them until the next day. 
    ewwww yuck, sometimes I like to grind.
  • EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I kinda want to play it just because of this video:

So fabulous.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    I never played a minute. But two things intrigue me
    1. Open world without loading screens. Is it like Vanguard ?
    2. Fun action combat. If its anything like Tera ?

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Eothas said:
    I kinda want to play it just because of this video:

So fabulous.

See how much tastes differ .. That Video is the very reason , i will have nothing to do with this game
  • RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I can help. 

1. I can say it's similar. I never played Vanguard but I can confirm the only time you are in a loading screen is during the entrance to an Instance or if you teleport somewhere. Loading isn't super long either. 

2. The Combat in my opinion is very much like Tera.. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE. You can actually change control styles from Point and Click like Lineage 2, to Tab Targeting like traditional games, or to Action Mode which plays pretty much like Tera. 
  • EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Scorchien said:
    See how much tastes differ .. That Video is the very reason , i will have nothing to do with this game
    Who doesn't want to play as Taric in a MMO? All these gems... outrageous.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    OP have fun.

They just wish they could too.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I did not buy the founder´s pack, since I don´t think that I will stick to the game for very long. I am still waiting for a good SandBox mmorpg, but I will give it a fair shake when OB comes out for everyone.
  • NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited March 2017
    I'm happy to see that you found a place you can enjoy yourself, Xion. I was once considering this MMORPG because of it's small similarities to Perfect World International (2008) but I'm not 100% sure about if I will be happy with it as you are. I do love the graphics as it's vibrant and gives off a fantasy-genre feel, but I find having too much 'Asian' influences makes it harder to immerse myself with the MMO. Maybe I'll try it out again some time after it gets released to the public.
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
    kairel182 said:

If a game is fun for six weeks, and then you get bored and quit, how is that a bad thing?  You had fun for six weeks!
    I can help. 

1. I can say it's similar. I never played Vanguard but I can confirm the only time you are in a loading screen is during the entrance to an Instance or if you teleport somewhere. Loading isn't super long either. 

2. The Combat in my opinion is very much like Tera.. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE. You can actually change control styles from Point and Click like Lineage 2, to Tab Targeting like traditional games, or to Action Mode which plays pretty much like Tera. 
    Vanguard didn't have loading screens, but it did have the game lock up for a couple of seconds or so when you crossed zone boundaries so that it could load the next zone.  I never found that preferable to having a loading screen for the same amount of time, but apparently some people did.