Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 2 Is Currently Available For Free In Origin - MMORPG.com News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMass Effect 2 Is Currently Available For Free In Origin - MMORPG.com News

Anyone who has Origin game platform is able to get a free copy of Mass Effect 2 as a part of EA's "On The House" promotion. Mass Effect 2 is considered by many to be the finest game of the original trilogy. If you want to be prepared for the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda, there is no better way than to play through Shepard's adventures in the first three games.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    ME needs to be a true MMORPG. Make it happen, and dont forget SWOTR heavy f2p restrictions.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It has been free for the past 2 months :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Iselin said:
    Was about to make an 'old news' comment here :D 

...also wondering if there is ANYONE on this site doesn't already own this game...
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Got it few weeks ago for free at Origins.
    It's a GREAT present. Mass Effect 2 is probably the best one and nothing is better than free :)
    Thank you EA
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Iselin said:
    Doesn't make it less relevant 3 weeks ahead of the launch of MEA. *shrugs* Not everyone fires up Origin every single day -- or month.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Mass Effect 2 is a true masterpiece - easily the best game in a great seroes.
    SBFord said:
    Iselin said:
    Doesn't make it less relevant 3 weeks ahead of the launch of MEA. *shrugs* Not everyone fires up Origin every single day -- or month.
    Just what kind of gamer are you not firing up Origin several times a day? Sheessh! :)

It was a handy pick up even though I already bought an analog copy of it and played it when it first came out years ago. Saved me looking for the disk and just put it into my library. And it was loyt of fun replaying it after all this time. I even romanced a human this time around which is rare for me since I have a thing for blue girls.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Aeander said:

I think that would be a hard sell if ME1 did away with that stupid vehicle stuff.
  • AhuriAhuri Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited March 2017
    And once it is in your "game library", do not forget to check for possible free "bonus content"

Albatroes said:

Aeander said:

I think that would be a hard sell if ME1 did away with that stupid vehicle stuff.

*shocked* I LOVE the Mako. Shaaaaaaaame.....you miss the joy and the challenge of driving to the top of EVERY mountain and hurtling back down again...usually to land on the rooftop. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Iselin said:
    For what it's worth, we also newsed this THREE months ago. ;)

http://www.mmorpg.com/news/mass-effect-2-for-pc-free-on-origin-for-the-time-being-1000042574

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AcehtAceht Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited March 2017

Albatroes said:

Aeander said:

I recently finished a play through of the trilogy, after getting through the first I said to myself, "So happy I don't have to drive the Mako anymore"

Then I started ME2... and quickly remembered how monumentally boring scanning planets for resources was and wished to be driving the Mako again..

If I had to rank them I'd go ME1 > ME3 > ME2. ME1 was my favorite, even though the Mako was not the best, it was better than scanning. ME3 over ME2 simply because I felt combat wasn't the top focus of the first and I feel ME3 easily had the best combat of the three.
    Post edited by Aceht on
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

Albatroes said:

Aeander said:

Maybe. I find that ME2 has a vastly superior class system though. Mass Effect 1 had some issues in regards to its level upgrades and combat. % chance misses and a skill upgrade system that allowed the player to potentially unlock everything really held the first game back. Frankly, even Mass Effect 3 had a better class system than Mass Effect 1, though Mass Effect 3 was obviously held back by overwhelming story and character stupidity.
    Iselin said:
    So how dare Shelassa try to do something nice for people here, how dare you Mam!!!
    And a happy new year to you!

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Still waiting for the DLC''s to go down in price. Don't understand why it's so hard for BW and EA to work it out.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    They never reduce the prices of the DLC or if they have I have never seen it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

SBFord said:

Iselin said:

I just found out about it because of this so Thanks!

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

cheyane said:
    They never reduce the prices of the DLC or if they have I have never seen it.
    Yeah or not by much if they do. I've been playing DA:I quite a bit lately and never got around to buying the DLC way back when. It's actually quite a bit cheaper to buy the GOTY edition with all DLC included, than adding the DLC to the original I already have.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited March 2017
    Got me1 for like 4.99 and now gonna grab me2 for free.   Woot feels like Christmas.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:
    Iselin said:
    Do you like the combat better than in ME? I've never played through the series, but I'm going through it now. In ME I'm really struggling with the combat and controlling my team, realizing I'm using the wrong gun, etc. I realize how spoiled I've gotten over the last decade.
    I really do. The "noir" wash that BW tried to put on ME1 bothered me a lot and some of the way that skills / classes played just wasn't fun. ME2 they really hit their stride on classes, storytelling, abilities and so forth. They perfected that stuff (but for the last 20 min or so but that's just me) in ME3. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    SBFord said:
    Albatroes said:
    Aeander said:
    *shocked* I LOVE the Mako. Shaaaaaaaame.....you miss the joy and the challenge of driving to the top of EVERY mountain and hurtling back down again...usually to land on the rooftop. :D
    You might like Elite Dangerous for that then.  Getting in a runabout and bouncing across a planet with 1/5 the gravity of earth can be outrageously fun.  Hit a rock and go careening across the land who knows in what direction. Flying of the edge of a crater to hopefully land upright.  Of course you need to pick up enough resources to repair/replenish the runabout between crashes.  That can be done anywhere though.

That alone isn't worth $60 though.  There's no real story to move you along. You make your own.  And learning to pilot the ship using  a keyboard is a decent challenge.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Not only had I not heard of this promotion, (missed it here the first time around), I've actually never played any of the ME titles.

Sounds interesting, but I avoid playing things on "gaming platforms" so will have to pass.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

Iselin said:

It has been free for lots lots longer than that!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Yup the promo isn't new, I got it for free quite a while ago.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

SBFord said:

Iselin said:

or year-- or live :P