Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix this game?

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Well they have had plenty of time.  Does anyone know if they fixed the game or is it still minimal product?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No, they were out having dinner.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Perhaps the most aggressive attempt at a game design in a lot of years,so not sure what people expected?
    I knew exactly how tough a game like this would be to make and imo it turned out about as good as i would expect it to.
    I look around at who is making money,a LOT of money and it matters to me.i see a VERY old aged engine,aged ideas in Minecraft,yet that developer is making boat loads of money while NMS,a game trying to do big things to advance gaming and is struggling with negative feedback and money.

To make it clear,no i would not buy this game as it is but at the same time,i like to give credit when a developer is TRYING,instead of dumping same old ideas on me and in MANY cases worst gaming than i had 15 years ago,so yes i applaud this developer for at least trying.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Rumor is you can build your own bases now and research alien tech.  I think the main problem was once you played the game for 5 hours there was nothing new.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I don't know in what state it was at release (skipped it because of the over-hype people gave it), but when I bought my PS4 Pro late January, I immediately picked up NMS 2nd-hand for only €14. And honestly, that's the best €14 spend for a 2nd hand game so far - I love the game a lot!
    filmoret said:
    Well they have had plenty of time.  Does anyone know if they fixed the game or is it still minimal product?
    There have been a number of patches by now and the latest is 1.13 (December  12). Rumor goes that a new patch will come this month and people are GUESSING (yeah, hype all over again) that planetary vehicles might be included (which would be very nice if it would be added), but nothing official yet...
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Still no multiplayer, no factions to join and a big disappointment when you reach the center of the galaxy. 

On the other hand, they added base building and a teleport system so you can teleport to your base, build stuff and then teleport back out in the galaxy where you left off.  You can also build a freighter now.

Personally, the game is still boring as heck to me.  Once you explore a few planets, you have pretty much seen the entire game.  End game is no longer to reach the center but to mine resources and continue building the base/freighter. 

I am looking forward to their first DLC to see if they charge money for it.  What a drama fest that will be!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Well ... I dont know how bad it was before but so far ive gotten stuck in between walls on some invisible walls and the "ceiling" on the Anomoly AND somehow completely disassembled my first Frigate ship to the point where getting off my ship while on it immediately sent me falling through it and into space. I was somehow able to jetpack my way onto some geometry and VR teleport my way onto a communication room I had set up where I was able to rebuild a few pieces from there which fixed entire ship somehow.

Super annoying. Set me back at least an hour or two between both bugs. Im nooby af still ... at best 2 weeks of playing.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Its... VERY subjective.
    At release 90% hated it and 10% liked it.

Then they started working and noone can deny that they at least added 10 times more content and features to make use of.
    Its alot better and people who are looking for a game like this (aka, space survival and exploration) no doubt have little better games to get than this, but for people who simply arent sure on whether they would enjoy this kind of game probably shouldnt go in hoping its everything they hoped for and they will suddenly like the entire gamegenre..

Its better, but it will not turn a normal man into No Man.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is one of the most improved games I have seen. From lying about the state of the game on a level that customers had every right for being upset. To adding everything promised and then some. This is not my game type I enjoy but I have friends that cant stop talking about this game. I wish I could stop them lol 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Very admirable job bringing NMS up to standard and beyond imo ...

Worth the price of admission for sure ..

My only gripe is some repetitve nature of the game and the feeling that you cant Do anything Wrong..