Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Torment game?

Has anyone bought Torment: Tides of Numenera on Steam or elsewhere?  I somehow missed Planescape: Torment in my formative years.  I've heard good things about the original.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    There's a MMORPG.com review, but its dropped to page 2 on the News feed. (at least on my phone)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I liked the original game at least but I havn't had the time to get it yet, lots of overtime and I am renovating a house so I don't have much time for a new game until I actually moved in and have everything in place. Unless I get the flu of course...
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I've seen nothing but positive reviews.  If you like other CRPGS like baldur's gate and icewind dale I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Has anyone bought Torment: Tides of Numenera on Steam or elsewhere?  I somehow missed Planescape: Torment in my formative years.  I've heard good things about the original.  Any thoughts?
    I guess you heard this before but Im gonna do it one more time:

Play Planescape:Torment

That game has no equal in storytelling, its an emotional ride from start to the end

Good thing about torment is that thanks to its beautiful 2D engine it still looks really nice even today

But remember Torment is more like an interactive book than an RPG (even tho the combat is hella fun as well and top tier spells having their own cinematics) , so reading EVERYTHING is absolutely essential to understand the depth of the story and the world

Plus it perfectly sits on the edge of wackiness and seriousness (flying skull flirting with hookers, killing people with your own cut off hand etc...)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them