Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online - The Dark Knight Rises - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Online - The Dark Knight Rises - MMORPG.com

The long awaited Dark Knight class is coming to Black Desert today. Here are some early first impressions as I play around with the class in the KR server.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,167
    We must kill them before they spread! Block the roads into Mediah!
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 966
    OMG wow I didn't realise it was the 1st of March already XD Can't wait to try it!
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,572
    edited March 2017
    First of all this class is "knight" in name only - it's actually squishier than Sorc. and has less iframes.

So if you think this is a tanky class, not even close. Yes - DK can block but gains no protection from CC so it's pretty useless.

DK has better range than sorc - so thats one main difference, also better AoE especially before the awakening.

DK's mobility is dependent on skills used - not spamming iframe over and over again like Sorc so DK requires more skillful play

Easy PvE with only a handful of skills used for effective grinding, so you can safely ignore the vast majority of other skills (very much like with many other classes - like the warrior or zerk who litterally uses 2 skills before the awakening for most efficient PvE grind rotation)

Do NOT stand still - as you can't take hits, you are constantly on the move like the sorc.

Tip - as far as leveling up weapons - obviously if you don't have a Liverto box laying around or Kzarka, - many returning players would go for Yuria. DO NOT DO THIS - Yuria has been show to be a terrible weapon for leveling up due to horrible +ACC scaling, and +human damage is not good unless you PvP (even if you PvP Yuria is not a good choice anymore)

Krea and Rosar Kriegsmesser should be your weapon of choice - they drop in game and go for around 100-150K on AH, so very cheap. Why? - AP, ACC and dual gem slots - just far superior to Yuria - also Azwell Kriegsmesser is an excellent alternative if you can live with a single gem slot.

This is a crit/attack speed (not casting) class - even with the awakening weapon (which is a fist/gauntlet) - yes it looks like spells are being cast but DK still uses attack speed - so 5crit/5 attack is what you'll want.

Here's the main DK combo for unawakened PvE grinding:

main combo for PVE is F + F + Space + F + (Backward + LMB) + (Backward + RMB) + (Forward + F) + Ulti + (Shift + Q) and if needed you can end with (Shift+ F) / (Shift + E) or just restart the combo after (Shift + Q)
    DMKano said:
    First of all this class is "knight" in name only - it's actually squishier than Sorc. and has less iframes.

So if you think this is a tanky class, not even close. Yes - DK can block but gains no protection from CC so it's pretty useless.

DK has better range than sorc - so thats one main difference, also better AoE especially before the awakening.

DK's mobility is dependent on skills used - not spamming iframe over and over again like Sorc so DK requires more skillful play

Easy PvE with only a handful of skills used for effective grinding, so you can safely ignore the vast majority of other skills (very much like with many other classes - like the warrior or zerk who litterally uses 2 skills before the awakening for most efficient PvE grind rotation)

Do NOT stand still - as you can't take hits, you are constantly on the move like the sorc.

Tip - as far as leveling up weapons - obviously if you don't have a Liverto box laying around or Kzarka, - many returning players would go for Yuria. DO NOT DO THIS - Yuria has been show to be a terrible weapon for leveling up due to horrible +ACC scaling, and +human damage is not good unless you PvP (even if you PvP Yuria is not a good choice anymore)

Krea and Rosar Kriegsmesser should be your weapon of choice - they drop in game and go for around 100-150K on AH, so very cheap. Why? - AP, ACC and dual gem slots - just far superior to Yuria - also Azwell Kriegsmesser is an excellent alternative if you can live with a single gem slot.

This is a crit/attack speed (not casting) class - even with the awakening weapon (which is a fist/gauntlet) - yes it looks like spells are being cast but DK still uses attack speed - so 5crit/5 attack is what you'll want.

main combo for PVE is F + F + Space + F + (Backward + LMB) + (Backward + RMB) + (Forward + F) + Ulti + (Shift + Q) and if needed you can end with (Shift+ F) / (Shift + E) or just restart the combo after (Shift + Q)
    Look at you being all helpful.. 

Aori said:

DMKano said:

You are welcome
    DMKano said:

Aori said:

DMKano said:

You are welcome
    What secondary do they use? Is it Ornamental Knots? That would explain the shortage of them when I wanted to level Berserker..
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:

Aori said:

DMKano said:

You are welcome
    What secondary do they use? Is it Ornamental Knots? That would explain the shortage of them when I wanted to level Berserker..

Same offhand as Zerker - for leveling up Sayier is still the best due to high ACC scaling. 

High accuracy means much better deep red grindig so you can hit prime grind spots when you are underlevel easily.
    DMKano said:
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:

Aori said:

DMKano said:

You are welcome

Same offhand as Zerker - for leveling up Sayier is still the best due to high ACC scaling. 

High accuracy means much better deep red grindig so you can hit prime grind spots when you are underlevel easily.
    I got a Saiyer to +13 for Zerker just the other day, timing.. not enough Saiyer's floating around though and I don't normal enchant/failstack.. just I don't really have a choice atm. I'll probably wait until the market gets a surplus before playing DK.
    Also the article mentions that DK is getting an awakening at a later date - this is because it cannot be done without Kamasilve region unlock as that is where DKs quest chain goes. So whenever NA/EU gets the Kamasilve patch, DK awakening will most likely be added at that time.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 314
    is it a funny class to play?
    mistmaker staid:
    is it a funny class to play?

Entirely depends on your sense of humor ;)
  • vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 287
    gender locked. pass.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,349
    edited March 2017

DMKano said:

First of all Here's the main DK combo for unawakened PvE grinding:

That's all really helpful thanks! I take it you played it on Korea servers?

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

Correct - but i didnt discover the combo above until someone posted it on reddit.

I was using a much crappier version for my main combo that was a lot less efficient for big packs like Sausans.
  • BenbradaBenbrada Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Hulk old & slow, Hulk no like combo heavy button mashing :-) Thanks for this bit of inspiration to play this class!
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

Correct - but i didnt discover the combo above until someone posted it on reddit.

I was using a much crappier version for my main combo that was a lot less efficient for big packs like Sausans.
    So... I can't just hold LMB+RMB?
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

You can if you play the zerk - just remember to slam the ground with both axes ( S + LMB+RMB)
    for the buff before you spin to win :)
    DMKano said:
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

You can if you play the zerk - just remember to slam the ground with both axes ( S + LMB+RMB)
    Ya I never bothered reading my skills until 53 when I was autopathing to my stomping ground.. Frenzied+Spin flows nicely. The only points I have in my zerker are the crit+hp+frenzied+spin.. sad times. Though I'm only leveling to 56 for the fame bonus. It is fun in a mindless sort of way, oddly satisfying, not main material though.
  • BenbradaBenbrada Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited March 2017

DMKano said:

Aori said:

DMKano said:

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

LOL that DK combo takes too much thought. I already think hard enough at work (software programmer) much less a casual, relaxing form of entertainment :-D

Guess I just play to have fun not win.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,212
    Nice to hear that animation cancelling isn't a big thing with this class. That mechanic makes no sense, why even design the game to have to rely on something like that? The DK does sound very similar to the sorc though. Possibly a less spastic sorc, which would be nice.
  • danat94danat94 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Does anyone have a good build for leveling? For that combo that Mr. DMKano talked about.