Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the story begins

12346»

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    YashaX said:
    rodarin said:
    Chronicles of Elyria flashbacks....
    Yes that is the scary thing, look how that turned out: one of the most blatant and extreme forms of p2w monetization I have ever seen, massively underestimating release dates, promising groundbreaking features on a shoe-string budget, unable to even get a website running properly, etc, etc ... and still very unclear whether it will even get finished while ramping up the $10,000 p2w donation scheme.

yeah and its not just that. its the comments from people. You instantly have two camps, the 'haters' and the fan boys. Although it usually doesnt start out that way there are generally 3 camps but that third camp, call them 'moderates' generally move to one camp or the other as info come out.

ALL these announcements and trailers just show one thing if someone, ANYONE could actually deliver something even close to these plans it would sell a ton of copies. But we also know that isnt the 'secret' either, the thing that has eluded these companies since forever has been RETENTION.

Not to totally derail the thread but all this crap is just baby steps the really hard stuff doesnt happen until after they are released.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    YashaX said:
    rodarin said:
    Chronicles of Elyria flashbacks....
    Yes that is the scary thing, look how that turned out: one of the most blatant and extreme forms of p2w monetization I have ever seen, massively underestimating release dates, promising groundbreaking features on a shoe-string budget, unable to even get a website running properly, etc, etc ... and still very unclear whether it will even get finished while ramping up the $10,000 p2w donation scheme.

If they manage to release their game with all the features they promised with an acceptable level of polish, I'd forgive them for all the P2W in the world. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Leiloni said:

You're reading into this too much. Every company that isn't NCSoft or Blizzard needs publisher money for their game...
    How much do you think they are going to raise on Kickstarter?

My best guess is that they will need $20M+ to deliver on all the promises.  Maybe I'm wrong and if so the CEO can come back once he has a budget and explain why.   If they raise a million on KS it would be a success.  So are you trying to tell me that they somehow have the internal resources to get $20M but just can;t scrape up the last $1M? 
    We can only speculate but who knows they might do the KS to raise backup money in case they need it further down the road so they are sure they gonna release the game.

Listening to discord when devs talking, reading the forums, pretty well done early alfa footage I'm confident the game will get released but how much content and how much what they have promised which actual isn't that much besides the node system which is a core feature I'm sure we will see a pretty good game forming.