Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - Balance - It's All About Expanding Choices - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - Balance - It's All About Expanding Choices - MMORPG.com

The Path of Exile team had a bit quieter week this week, though with the big news that a number of balance changes are incoming, some with 2.6.0 and some of the "more extreme changes" to be seen during The Fall of Oriath beta. In addition, the team gave some hints about new Unique Items, Legacy League Relics and a wrap up of all of the previews for the upcoming expansion. Read on, Exiles!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    AOE changes did not make "more builds viable" there is not one instance of any skill getting buffed due to this change, nor has there been any word on enemy health/defenses rebalancing because of the change, either one is what must occur for this statement to be true.

in fact the opposite has occurred, semi-viable skills that relied on AOE (such as Earthquake) have become non viable, all to decrease the power of the top meta skills that really didn't rely on AOE for their power in the first place. . .

Melee got hit the hardest, and it was already in a bad spot.

"More Viable builds" my pimply, fat, and entitled booty!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    sayuu said:
    AOE changes did not make "more builds viable" there is not one instance of any skill getting buffed due to this change, nor has there been any word on enemy health/defenses rebalancing because of the change, either one is what must occur for this statement to be true.

in fact the opposite has occurred, semi-viable skills that relied on AOE (such as Earthquake) have become non viable, all to decrease the power of the top meta skills that really didn't rely on AOE for their power in the first place. . .

Melee got hit the hardest, and it was already in a bad spot.

"More Viable builds" my pimply, fat, and entitled booty!

Part of the reason I stopped playing that game. It's all about the "illusion of choice" when only certain builds are really viable for end game content, and you should just copy what everyone else is doing. That, and the obnoxious desynching issues back when I played. But I imagine (hope) those have gotten better by now.

Still, I might dust it off when the expansion comes around. If nothing else but to play through the new content.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    GGG is a great development company, but I'm amazed at their response to the problem that too few builds are really viable for endgame content. Instead of nerfing a class of builds (AOEs) that they view as "absurdly powerful", why not spend the time to assure that ALL skills can be combined in ways to make endgame viable builds. Why leave so many skills without hope and essentially useless? I'm still scratching my head over this one.

Their system, with the ability to combine skills that potentiate each other, and a passive tree that can be freely traversed to add virtually unlimited diversity, is so full of untapped potential. I'll reserve judgment on the overall balancing effort until I see it in release, but I sure hope they have more to say than "AOEs are absurdly powerful so we have to nerf them".

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes