Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade - Soon to Go Free to WAAAGH! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade - Soon to Go Free to WAAAGH! - MMORPG.com

With today's announcement about Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade going "free to WAAAGH", we took the opportunity to reach out to Nathan Richardsson to learn more. Find out about what, if any, restrictions FtW players will face, what the immediate plans for the future are and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    didn't hear anything about this game since the pre-alpha. so I guess they launched eh?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Will check it out when it is free but I am not expecting much based on the reviews I have seen so far.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    It is clunky but not entirely un-fun.

Still have some way to go tho and it aint no BF or CoD that is for sure. =)

This have been a good conversation

• ZyzzUmirinBrahZyzzUmirinBrah Member UncommonPosts: 11
    This game is actually quite fun for what it is, not what it was supposed to be sadly:( however if your looking for a batlefield reskin 40k shooter this is it. Its quite fun especially clan vs clan which happens alot(lots of tactics involved or you will lose lol)! chaos and space marines are the most popular atm but alot of people play orks and eldar. Peaks at 1300 often now which is very nice to see..the devs are working on the game but pretty slow but they seem eager, and pretty talkative with the community.. give it a try when it goes free dont buy it full price..you can snag it tho for 8 euros i heard from some sites.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited February 2017
    Wait, what?! I demand a refund! By the way, you put were instead of where :-P
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I'm okay with this. I bought it for 4 bucks recently on sale on some random site, and it's actually quite fun. It isn't nearly what they promised originally but that's okay. Hopefully I get some sort of compensation I don't really understand all the versions they are talking about, since they state the 20$ version will just be in game cash, but the 50 dollar version is different so I don't know. But hopefully they will compensate at least a bit. I hope it brings players too, since it isn't dead but it isn't doing amazing.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Gotta love how there's not a single mention of the game going f2p on its steam page.
  • ennstaennsta Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It's actually mentioned in the Steam News and the newsletter.

The page update is on it's way when we do the soft launch. Nothing sinister, we just can't change it yet.

Nathan
  • toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Its a great third person arena shooter. It just needs a bigger pop. The team was forced to release it early and it got alot of bad press because of it, and because when the project was started 5 years ago it was supposed to be a mmo. Im glad that didnt pan out because as an arena shooter it has a chance at life but as an mmo it would get played 30 hrs and rhen left by todays millenial everything right now attention span of a gnat gamers.
  • kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Space marine > Ethernal Crusade... :(
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    toolak said:
    Its a great third person arena shooter. It just needs a bigger pop. The team was forced to release it early and it got alot of bad press because of it, and because when the project was started 5 years ago it was supposed to be a mmo. Im glad that didnt pan out because as an arena shooter it has a chance at life but as an mmo it would get played 30 hrs and rhen left by todays millenial everything right now attention span of a gnat gamers.

I think you have that backwards, its a awful terrible clunky mess of a third person arena shooter, that cant even get third person to feel right, if it were a MMO it would be more forgiven for its clunky horrible state, but not that much to save it.

It's early release does not even get close to explaining the flip flopping mess of a confused, rehashed badly botched repair job of a rushed out no money excuse of a product, it should of just got canned and saved all its staff the humiliation of a failed project.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    kruler said:
    toolak said:

I think you have that backwards, its a awful terrible clunky mess of a third person arena shooter, that cant even get third person to feel right, if it were a MMO it would be more forgiven for its clunky horrible state, but not that much to save it.

It's early release does not even get close to explaining the flip flopping mess of a confused, rehashed badly botched repair job of a rushed out no money excuse of a product, it should of just got canned and saved all its staff the humiliation of a failed project.
    I rarely criticize projects harshly, but this one? I actually think you are being nice here, what a mess. Space Marine was infinitely better then this and the upcoming Inquisitor Martyr is doing some cool things too, my hopes lie with that one for a good WH40K game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited February 2017
    The last patch shortening TTK ruined the game for me.
    Post edited by BruceYee on