Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where did this game go ? lol

LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
game looked really promising  but it seems since it met its crowd funding goals the updates stopped , hopefully that just means they are working hard on the game

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That would be the advertising money stopped lol.
    You can be sure that 99% of the stuff you see is a partnership or advertising or a handshake to bring in sponsorship.

Long story short,it is businesses agenda to make their product look great,only tell you the good stuff,what sells but keep the stuff they know you won't approve of a hidden secret.

On paper it definitely seems like a possible good game,but i would never hand over any money and i want to see a working game before i give it high fives.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited February 2017
    What do you mean "Where did it go?"

It never was.

Crowd funding goals were only enough to establish a business. But now they need revenue they don't have to fund this project to completion. They saw what Star Citizen did and got all starry eyed.

Well, Who knows, maybe they will actually get some Tech Demos that are really amazing and will show people what they want.

But what I see right now, is someone's building a ship meant for whaling.
  • PapasmervPapasmerv Member UncommonPosts: 63
    What's going on with Ashes reminds me of network marketing endeavors like Pre-paid Legal or whatever it's called nowadays.  Really sweet cool-aid, excited participants that take personal affront to you challenging their premise.  

I think their latest argument is that the community can't handle the innovation Ashes will bring to the market.  That we are too set in our ways to change.  They keep pitching the whole character aging process and ignore your questions about why they are raising funds by providing players in-game advantage at launch.  Yes, I know making games is a business; but there are plenty of ways to make money without creating a P2W environment.  

If they really want people to invest in their title then they should be willing to provide them a cut of the profits through a tender offer of stock.  I know of other studios doing the same and are not selling in-game advantage, just cosmetics.  

I guess being a smart consumer is old-fashioned.
    What every dev/pub should stand behind: "We're committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in [INSERT GAME NAME]."
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    game looked really promising  but it seems since it met its crowd funding goals the updates stopped , hopefully that just means they are working hard on the game

• Pics, PAX & PvP

This week YOU are invited for this FREE EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY to join our own Tim Eisenzimmer as he works through the latest tremendous Chronicles of Elyria update about pics, PAX and PVP.

Posted on 02/17/2017 by Tim Eisen
    • From Game to MMORPG

This week Tim Eisen looks for news within the news and wonders how the game world eventually becomes a massive multiplayer online world.

Posted on 02/03/2017 by Tim Eisen
    • What's It Worth to You?

This week Timothy Eisen covers what was a potentially combustible situation involving two entities that no beast nor demon dare come between, MMORPG fans and their wallets!

Posted on 01/20/2017 by Tim Eisen
    • Nine Months in Elyria

This week Timothy Eisen looks back at the last nine months of the development of Chronicles of Elyria and looks forward to development in 2017.

Posted on 01/06/2017 by Tim Eisen
    • Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017

A New Year brings new hope and new hype. And that means it's time to set our sights on the games of 2017 and for us to ask you all to vote for your most wanted MMO of the next 12 months.

Posted on 01/04/2017 by William Murphy

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Papasmerv said:
    What's going on with Ashes reminds me of network marketing endeavors like Pre-paid Legal or whatever it's called nowadays.  Really sweet cool-aid, excited participants that take personal affront to you challenging their premise.  

I think their latest argument is that the community can't handle the innovation Ashes will bring to the market.  That we are too set in our ways to change.  They keep pitching the whole character aging process and ignore your questions about why they are raising funds by providing players in-game advantage at launch.  Yes, I know making games is a business; but there are plenty of ways to make money without creating a P2W environment.  

If they really want people to invest in their title then they should be willing to provide them a cut of the profits through a tender offer of stock.  I know of other studios doing the same and are not selling in-game advantage, just cosmetics.  

It's not that simple. Unfortunately as soon as you are investing in some sort of a profit-sharing endeavor, we get into all the fun and frolic of tax laws, etc. surrounding investments. Most companies simply don't have the infrastructure or knowledge in order to offer this type of thing, which is why when you do invest in a crowfunding game through somewhere like Fig, it's Fig who actually handles the distributions, because the game developer isn't the one managing that infrastructure. 

Also, I believe that there are regulations surrounding investment which may be prohibitive to doing that, that an investment banker might be more enlightened on. Also, I thought that I had heard that these types of micro investments would actually be getting the axe from the government. Could be wrong. 

As for the P2W idea, what's P2W? Here lies the biggest problem in the genre right now. See, you seem to think that cosmetics aren't P2W, but there are plenty who feel that they are, because that's their style of game. There are others who feel that paying to advance more quickly in the game (XP Pots) is P2W, and others don't. In the end, the term is a diluted mess. Developers understand that it's "bad", but as long as there isn't a definition that the community will agree upon, they will continue to press their limits until the community pushes back and gives them a hard stop. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Papasmerv said:

You do realize this is a thread about COE and not Ashes right? You mentioned Ashes in another COE thread as well. Long day?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231
    OP, what are You talking about?

There are regular updates on the official CoE website & forums and also Q & A sessions on twitch/Youtube!
    They are going to have a booth at PAX East and will show the game there.

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    CrazKanuk said:
    Papasmerv said:

Developers understand that it's "bad", but as long as there isn't a definition that the community will agree upon, they will continue to press their limits until the community pushes back and gives them a hard stop. 

The hard stop is what many are attempting to give.  Unfortunately there are some diehard fans that continue to try and obfuscate the conversation with silly things like comparing Buy 2 King to buying a fluffy yellow sweater in game. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Much of the interaction and communication happens behind one of the two paywalls.  I think the cheapest is $350 or $500.  That gets you past the first paywall.  The second is at least $1k.

Gotta make the high rollers feel special after all. 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Azrael_AntaryonAzrael_Antaryon Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited March 2017
    @Slapshot1188 [mod edit], there are regular bi-weekly updates and monthly Q&As being held from Soulbound which are posted on both the official site and their Kickstarter page, it is simply MMORPG.com that doesn't cover them.

@Luftwaffen As I have explained above go to chroniclesofelyria.com and you will see for yourself what's up with the game. 
    Post edited by Vaross on
    edited March 2017
    One shortcoming of this site is they don't "pull" news very well.

Rather than seek it out more often they publish what is "pushed" to them by others. (and the way this site's readers can be, no surprise some don't want to share info)

With limited staff and dozens if not hundreds of MMOs to cover the approach is not unreasonable but it does mean info can be spotty sometimes.

The additional reporting on games outside the genre further dilutes the coverage on MMOs.

I'm surprised Tim isn't keeping us more informed if they are providing regular updates on their site as he was following this title somewhat closely.

Distracted by the "ashes" in his eyes most recently I guess. ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2017
    @Slapshot1188 you are an idiot if you think that, there are regular bi-weekly updates and monthly Q&As being held from Soulbound which are posted on both the official site and their Kickstarter page, it is simply MMORPG.com that doesn't cover them.

Nice way to attack the messenger.  Good thing I've been called worse by better...  Forgive me if I do not accept the word of a guy who has exclusively posted CoE stuff since he appeared.  Especially when there are facts to see.

Anyhow, I believe that there are two separate paywalled forums.  Both are where the real information is shared and the Q&As are allowed.   The folks given access to those paypalled areas are asked NOT to share what they learn with the general public... this makes them feel even more special.  As a matter of fact, around 3 weeks ago they finished their 3rd EXCLUSIVE Q&A session for those folks behind the highest paywall.

These forums were even listed as perks in the Kickstarter, so to argue that the tiered information flow does not exist is silly.

I see, so basically what you are saying is, that since I seem (because of my posts) a more dedicated "fan" of the game than you are, I actually know less about how information is shared...Ok I guess, you make very sound arguments there...

Since you have said you "believe" there are two paywalled forums, I can only assume, you aren't behind those paywalls, so you have no way of actually knowing what is shared or not behind those walls so you are aware of no facts, just assume things...Also I never said that they don't exist, I simply stated actual facts (unlike some certain individual, who has only ever spoken about the game in slanderous ways), that there are bi-weekly "free" updates and monthly open Q&As, what more they share or not with those people who invested more into the game financially is their choice, and frankly if they share more with them and listen more to their ideas then the "freeloaders" ideas, that is a very logical and sensible choice.

Point in fact the OP is simply curious about where did the regular updates go, and they haven't gone anywhere, they are just simply less frequent, since they are busy with actually developing the game...

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
     you have no way of actually knowing what is shared or not behind those walls so you are aware of no facts, just assume things...Also I never said that they don't exist,
    'The high tier donator forums exist but claiming that they share more information is fake news!'
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
     you have no way of actually knowing what is shared or not behind those walls so you are aware of no facts, just assume things...Also I never said that they don't exist,
    'The high tier donator forums exist but claiming that they share more information is fake news!'
    Logical inference they receive more news, else they are largely purposeless.

Since you have said you "believe" there are two paywalled forums, I can only assume, you aren't behind those paywalls, so you have no way of actually knowing what is shared or not behind those walls so you are aware of no facts, just assume things...Also I never said that they don't exist, I simply stated actual facts 

Unfortunately we can't go and check those "facts" as they seem to have disappeared from your OP.   Anyhow, while I do not have direct access to the super secret forums, let's just say I may have indirect access B)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:
    Dakeru said:
    Logical inference they receive more news, else they are largely purposeless.
    With the emphasize on >more< information.

So he could be right when he implies that nothing of value is being shared behind the wall.
    Harbinger of Fools

Since you have said you "believe" there are two paywalled forums, I can only assume, you aren't behind those paywalls, so you have no way of actually knowing what is shared or not behind those walls so you are aware of no facts, just assume things...Also I never said that they don't exist, I simply stated actual facts 

Unfortunately we can't go and check those "facts" as they seem to have disappeared from your OP.   Anyhow, while I do not have direct access to the super secret forums, let's just say I may have indirect access B)

What are you talking about, I am not the OP...and you are still missing the point, like always when it comes to this particular game, there are regular updates open for everyone...

- There was one update today.
    - They shared a pre-alpha technical gameplay two days ago.
    -They are at PAX East just now. 
    -There will be one of the monthly Q&As on March 29.

So...as to the actual topic of the discussion, there you have it, the actual facts whether they have updates or not, since you are too lazy to look them up yourself. 

What are you talking about, I am not the OP...and you are still missing the point, like always when it comes to this particular game, there are regular updates open for everyone...

So...as to the actual topic of the discussion, there you have it, the actual facts whether they have updates or not, since you are too lazy to look them up yourself. 
    I think you are confused.   I said YOUR OP, meaning your original post, which unfortunately is no longer in readable form.

And I do not dispute that they have "some" public updates.  What I have seen though is that the true discussions happen behind the 2 paywalls though.  If you do have access to those forums you really should go and peek at the level of developer info/discussion and compare it to the forum for the non-high rollers. If not,  I think it's just a low $1000 to get past the final paywall and access the private forum and Q&A sessions.

I think you are confused.   I said YOUR OP, meaning your original post, which unfortunately is no longer in readable form.

And I do not dispute that they have "some" public updates.  What I have seen though is that the true discussions happen behind the 2 paywalls though.  If you do have access to those forums you really should go and peek at the level of developer info/discussion and compare it to the forum for the non-high rollers. If not,  I think it's just a low $1000 to get past the final paywall and access the private forum and Q&A sessions.

I never was the OP of this discussion... But since it seems I have overestimated your understanding capabilities let me explain it to you. on MMORPG.COM I have never deleted or other than grammatically altered any of my posts ever.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So is this game still on track for a 2019 launch?  Any news/dates on alpha?  I admit I don't scan every game's site I'm interested in.  I usually rely on a few news services but haven't seen much about this game on them lately.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112
    All they have is a small dungeon combat/parkour demo, and some assets thrown together into an outside environment with a castle town.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've found the easiest way to keep up on their progress is to follow them on Twitch and Youtube.  Looks like they're still figuring out the UI and doing regular Q&A.  

One thing that was interesting is that you can have characters on different servers but only one character gets the pledge items.  SWTOR, Skyforge, WS, WoW and probably a few others applies your package to NA and EU servers if you have characters on more than one server.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    The bank
  • TekkonTekkon Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Game is in production. Doing well.