Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nearly 3-Minutes of Alpha Game Play Goodness - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNearly 3-Minutes of Alpha Game Play Goodness - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - The Ashes of Creation team has released a new trailer called "A Mage's Life" that expands on the one released earlier this month. It is taken during pre-alpha and shows a female mage character working through the world, applying abilities via interface and using them as well. In addition, you get a look at some of the creatures that inhabit the world as well as a warrior character that accompanies her.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Whoa, looks great to me :)
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Pretty impressive for pre-alpha.
  • ScottB2JScottB2J Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Good god. Take my soul. Please. Take me
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2017
    Looks great,pretty much just how i like to see it,spell casting could be a small tad slower but it is ok.

My only question would be is there a chance to fizzle/miss with the magic and a chance to be interrupted by the enemy?Is there skill levels with the various magic so if you for example neglect a certain spell type then trying to use it on high level mobs would be futile.
    Oh another question,are there properties between mobs and spell types/elements that determine various strengths of spells?Example one type spell might be really weak and miss a lot versus certain mobs but might also be o/p versus others.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    going to be a game which will be released
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    No complaint about the gameplay, but what about server capacity? Can it truly be classified as "an MMO?"

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2017
    I like how magic is not just for attacks. That they have a light spell, a sort of "jump/travel" spell is intriguing. The world looks good and the avatars seem fine. the monsters look ridiculous but I suppose that's the art style they are going for.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    First time anything made me want to look into this game. Only draw back from me is the twitch combat. Wish it was trinity.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Subscription based. No thanks.
    Subscription yes please. Get us out of the P2W garbage that F2P has created. 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    When you edit together a video its generally a good idea to make sure that you use footage from the same playthrough and the same build. During the last fight they keep switching back and forth from a fight with a "Spider demon" and a "Demonic Spider". During the 30 seconds that the fight lasts they switch footage 15 times.

I do like the art-style but what they show makes me think more of a dungeon crawler than an MMORPG.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • VoldanirVoldanir Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Skyforge 2
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its looking good but I'm getting a big feeling that there will be a huge amount of invisible walls, like in FFXIV. Some people can deal with that and some can't.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    ScottB2J said:
    Subscription=P2W. The game will be designed to have lots of grind so you stay and pay longer to progress. If you don't pay you dont progress and don't win.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Voldanir said:
    Skyforge 2
    Ridiculous.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

ScottB2J said:

Thats a good question, I love the stand FF and Pantheon have taken. Sub with no cash shop. What will Ashes stand be?
    Nasa said:
    ScottB2J said:
    Subscription=P2W. The game will be designed to have lots of grind so you stay and pay longer to progress. If you don't pay you dont progress and don't win.
    Uhm...what?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• VoldanirVoldanir Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Daikuru said:
    Voldanir said:
    Skyforge 2
    Ridiculous.
    What you get from the video a huge open world game?
    Shaigh said:
    I do like the art-style but what they show makes me think more of a dungeon crawler than an MMORPG.
    3 words for your: vast open world bro.

- Albert Einstein

This guy just said the sub=pay2win... what? Lol
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Looks interesting. Will keep an eye on it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Nasa said:
    ScottB2J said:
    That's a really skewed and cynical way of looking at it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    All the videos I've seen thus far look visually stunning; best to date. With that said, are there any videos that actually talk about the gameplay/Ashe's combat mechanics (apart from their longterm bullet points like nodes)? Looks amazing but haven't seen anything on how this actually plays (group size, skills, spells/regen, anything really). I love great effects but they're less important to me than how the game actually plays.
  • coolster50coolster50 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited February 2017
    In order to "win" in the game, you have to play it.

In order to play the game, you have to pay for it.

Therefore, the game is "P2W".

:p
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    ScottB2J said:

It should be interesting to see. Lest you forget that the old sub models essentially added time sinks in order to keep you subscribed. If they go that direction, I'd take one of those insta-progress F2P games any day. If you find it satisfying to not progress at all for days on end, then maybe you're right. I'd contend that the older sub models and the sinks that came along with them were equally as trashy, though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------