Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best class for a someone bad at PVP that wants to PVP

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Iv been primarily a PVE warlock since vanilla, although i play on a pvp server i avoid it at all costs becasue i am so bad at it lol. I still haven't used my legion boost and really want to roll a toon who is great at pvp and easy to use or should i say noob pvp friendly. Are rogues still good? Iv always wanted a gnome rogue? Thoughts?
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    31 views and not a single response?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158
    You will probably get more helpful answers if you post in a dedicated wow forum or reddit.
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    yeah man, just gotta get used to pvp, class don't make much difference, but if ya mained lock that long i'd stick with lock, if ya wanna try something new i'd try hunter or mage since yer used to ranged classes
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Shammys are in a good place right now. DKs, but they have always been basically.

My favorite is the underdog priest though, if you dedicate time to really learn how to use it, its absolutely amazing fun.

Same with mage, also underdog atm, but man, the people that are skilled in mages, they can instant kill just about anything, especially melee. How they do it, I will never know.

But everything can change whenever in WoW. Blizzard, as you may already know by now, make use of the Fotm players as much as possible, so they buff and nerf everything left and right.
    Which means what ever class you pick will only be the OP one for a shorter time.

I suggest you pick a class that feels natural for you to play and just stick with it through nerfs and buffs.

Playing the underdog classes can after all be really really fun.
  • jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    You can try a rogue or feral cat druid.  It can help you to plan your attacks while you are hidden in stealth, as opposed to classes that are always in clear view of their opponents.  

I have always played a feral druid, and when I got bored, i just switched up to a healer druid.  That would be my best recommendation. Plus, as a healer druid back-up, it is much easier to get into groups on the PvE side of the coin. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    jacktors said:
    You can try a rogue or feral cat druid.  It can help you to plan your attacks while you are hidden in stealth, as opposed to classes that are always in clear view of their opponents.  

I have always played a feral druid, and when I got bored, i just switched up to a healer druid.  That would be my best recommendation. Plus, as a healer druid back-up, it is much easier to get into groups on the PvE side of the coin. 
    +1

druid is your best bet , u can go feral and stealth kill , or go boomking and moonfire ppl from afar , or go healer and survive anything but vs 3-4 and even then u can outrun them all , druid is the most slippery class
  • carter_gcarter_g Member CommonPosts: 3
    Really depends on what you want to do, but Warriors and Shadow Priests seem to work well for me where casual PvP is concerned.
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    thunderC said:
    Are rogues still good? Iv always wanted a gnome rogue? Thoughts?
    Rogues are one of those tactical classes, so not n00b friendly.

First thing to settle on is if you like melee or ranged play.

Second thing, what role you want to play the most.

Warlocks are self-sufficient in solo PvP if caught unawares. They like Shadow Priests apply a lot of background pressure wearing out players and their CDs.

Warriors cleave hard, at the expense of any heal is on a long cooldown.

DKs is a DoT cleave class, and they apply a lot of background pressure with upclose face time against casters.

Hybrid classes (like Druids/Paladins/Shamans) have the hybrid penalty, but the variety of roles to play (so you can fulfill any role in a group ... which means more groups you can play in, as groups are always looking for tanks or healers).

So the best advice is pick the play style and role first, then try different classes to find your fit (FoTM is for those with a barn full of alts that are even geared up to play). Best to settle on a particular class where you can even make a nerfed class shine.

The really good PvP players start with one class and get good at it before branching out to FoTM.

Half the deal in PvP is learning class counters, why it's important to get good at one class and move to the next to understand them, too.