Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Ever, Jane - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Ever, Jane - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Actually a non-combat MMO but still with things to do is something I would jump over but
    this doesnt look like that kind of MMO I wanna play. I miss vanguard and its diplomacy system :(
  • tommyrocketstommyrockets Member UncommonPosts: 3
    You must have really pissed Bill off if he is the one who had you play this game. I hope you learned your lesson...
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    So first impressions...NOPE! But then I start to think about how epic this could actually turn out with the right crowd (and some super heavy trolling). Get 40 people into a ballroom and just go balls out. Someone with a real internet following should get an army to invade, just to see what happens :)
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I hope you can make this game a weekly thing since its probably the best game I have seen in quite some time and it looks like a winner. People usually quit this game before they can really get into the fun but once you do its a really great game. If you don't make more videos on this game you're probably another kid with poor taste that want more kiddie games with combat.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    LOL @ that video... :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    I'm glad this game exists and I agree, it's a role play game.

As far as the graphics, I strongly suspect this falls under "game play over graphics". And the game play is probably based upon the players.

Is this my type of game? No, but I sure hope it has a reasonably healthy audience to keep it going.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

aslan132 said:

So first impressions...NOPE! But then I start to think about how epic this could actually turn out with the right crowd (and some super heavy trolling). Get 40 people into a ballroom and just go balls out. Someone with a real internet following should get an army to invade, just to see what happens :)

Then it becomes Velvet Sundown. If you don't know what that is, look on Youtube lol. I think every single video about it is pretty much a troll video.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

You must have really pissed Bill off if he is the one who had you play this game. I hope you learned your lesson...

I did this one to myself... and suddenly I don't like myself anymore.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

I did this one to myself... and suddenly I don't like myself anymore.
    You "say" you don't like yourself anymore but what I'm "hearing" is "HELLO KITTY ONLINE IS NEXT"!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GhaleshGhalesh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I think Hive found the next wow killer.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited February 2017
    Does it have appropriate crafting? i.e. can you level Ironing in it? Embroidery? Table laying?
    I think this game's characters would benefit from a cross-over event: Ever Jane goes to Vindictus. The 5 seconds of mass slaughter would provide at least some measure of interest.
  • DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Tea and snark. It needs MUCH more of it.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Been watching this one for awhile but have never logged onto it. Thanks for the look at it. Hopefully they can keep this in the oven and make into something great for the small niche of us that will like it if it gets there.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I give credit for anyone with the courage to try at least to create something new and different. The endless mindless killing that we somehow think of as "gameplay"...? Is that really all there is? Can't there be something more please?
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    FAILLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Ishkal said:

FAILLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Finally **

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    "World of Wet Paint Drying - The MMO" can't be far behind.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That was awesome thanks! Glad to see a crowdfunded mmo actually on target to get released soon, very encouraging.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Chick Flick Online - yes that was incredibly sexist. Sue me.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    There are Jane Austin clubs and people do enjoy the things depicted from that era. It's mainly roleplayers who will get a kick from this game.

I do agree Hive you better hope none of those RPers see this. They might pummel you with their cucumber sandwiches and fillet you with a 'sucket' fork.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I have actually been "playing" this since early alpha and they improved quite a lot since then.

Having said so the main fun actually comes from riding the carriage.. ride it into the church and park it there.. use it to run over other players etc.

The bugs are funny too:
    Go to the graveyard just to see several clones of Mr. Darcy trying to burry themselves. Good thing the clones know what is best for the world.

PS: Yes I know I am a bully but I do respect the dev team for making the game they want to play.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    This is the gaming equivalent of a chick-flick.

Yikes.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Oh Lord... How many times have I told you not to annoy Bill??... ^^
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    By the looks of it you could pretty much turn any online game into this, just ignore all of the content, and sit in empty rooms....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    This video is the best laugh I've had in a while! Great job HiveLeader! I can't wait to show it to my wife, she'll probably enjoy it even more than I did. I'm pretty sure she has read a Jane Austen novel at some point in her life. 10/10 for the review.