Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark Your Calendars for July 17th - Launch Day! - Albion Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMark Your Calendars for July 17th - Launch Day! - Albion Online - MMORPG.com

Albion Online News - Sandbox Interactive is ready to unleash Albion Online to the world on July 17, 2017. After a terrific series of beta events that saw over 200,000 players take part, the time has come for final release. But wait! That's not all!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    This game will be f2p on launch right? Might give it a try once that happens. There are some nice features, though to be honest I doubt that those that use the f2p model will be able to enjoy the game much. I assume that you will need to sink quite a bit of money in order to get the full experience.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    I will give this game a try. I will focus 100% on crafting-

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AntimakkenAntimakken Member CommonPosts: 3

This game will be f2p on launch right? Might give it a try once that happens. There are some nice features, though to be honest I doubt that those that use the f2p model will be able to enjoy the game much. I assume that you will need to sink quite a bit of money in order to get the full experience.

Albion gonna be buy once play for ever on release.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Looking forward to it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• bigcrackerbigcracker Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited February 2017
    This game is great. Only problem I ever had with it was the really long beta and wipes, but I guess they did the right thing and not listen to us impatient gamers and added in a ton of more content and fixes. Can't wait to play again!
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I will believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Oh yea, this will be good...
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited February 2017
    They might call it B2P but given the competitive nature of this game you really will be subscribing or be left behind. Have they made any mentions for the subscription costs?

Yikes, didn't even know they sold gold in their cash shop.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Looks pretty fun. Not a big fan of constant pvp though. Is there enough content to keep a  PVE player happy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited February 2017

DMKano said:

200k players in a f2p beta usually means around 50k-70k for a B2P launch.

Conversion rates could be a lot better if the beta was really good and of course the launch price.

The current pack pricing is:

$30, $50 and $100

Not sure why launch dates articles dont include the most important piece of information - price.

It has been B2P since the beginning. It was never F2P in Alpha or Beta

so wrong: http://www.pcgamer.com/albion-online-ditches-free-to-play-model-closed-beta-extended-by-six-months/
    ubermut said:

DMKano said:

Conversion rates could be a lot better if the beta was really good and of course the launch price.

$30, $50 and $100

Not sure why launch dates articles dont include the most important piece of information - price.

It has been B2P since the beginning. It was never F2P in Alpha or Beta

so wrong: http://www.pcgamer.com/albion-online-ditches-free-to-play-model-closed-beta-extended-by-six-months/
    According to that article, they had planned on making the game free to play at launch, but decided against it. It wasn't actually free to play at any point though.
    Forgrimm said:
    Looks pretty fun. Not a big fan of constant pvp though. Is there enough content to keep a  PVE player happy?
    Yep. Torval is a player of  the game and in our guild. He is not a PvP player. A load more content has been added over the last couple of months just for PvE players.
    Cool, good to hear. Thanks for the info.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    The game has typical f2p mechanics (currency purchase for $$$, subscription boost xp gain) with mandatory founder pack purchase at the moment. Devs may preach whatver they want regarding b2p-only scheme but their actions speaks the opposite: I bet the game will be f2p in couple months after launch. Anyway the game isn't terribly good so I'd advise to sit and wait instead of buying it - after all devs may postpone the launch for the forth (or third?) time.

Thank you for your time!

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Hasn't lived up to my expectations I'm afraid. I may be wrong but the game doesn't look/play as how it was originally promised/sold. I haven't played in a while though, hopefully by July, I may get to change my mind.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited February 2017
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Looking forward to it.
    I will have our guild up and running at launch!
    I will apply to join! :|
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:

$30, $50 and $100

The beta tests where not free to play, but required a founder's pack. We have sold around 200.000 founder's packs thus far. 

On release, to get access to the game, you'd either need a founders pack (which will give you instant access to beta testing, too) or, shortly before and after release of the game (when founder's pack are being phased out), need to get a so called starter pack, which will be in the same price range of the founder's pack but without the specific founder's rewards. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

mgilbrtsn said:

Looking forward to it.

I will have our guild up and running at launch!

I will apply to join! :|

I'm going to have to stop in and see what you guys have been up to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Torval said:

Forgrimm said:

Yep. Torval is a player of  the game and in our guild. He is not a PvP player. A load more content has been added over the last couple of months just for PvE players.

This is true. I just run dungeons, farm mobs, craft, and build up my house and the guild house. I think I paid $30 which is fine.

If I understand the article right the wipe will happen on March 13th when the new update is applied. That's what I've been waiting for.

So you'll have this all figured out when I come back, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    From F2P to B2P w/ sub (if you wan't to stay competitive) + cash shop.

I was interested in way back when, before they introduced all the cash things. I'd even been interested if they had ONE or the other, but having ALL the cash grabs, no thanks.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

Korn42 said:

DMKano said:

$30, $50 and $100

The beta tests where not free to play, but required a founder's pack. We have sold around 200.000 founder's packs thus far. 

On release, to get access to the game, you'd either need a founders pack (which will give you instant access to beta testing, too) or, shortly before and after release of the game (when founder's pack are being phased out), need to get a so called starter pack, which will be in the same price range of the founder's pack but without the specific founder's rewards. 

Korn.. the ultimate troll dev. Here to lie by omission in order to dupe you into buying this craptastic game. Game is utter trash in its current state. For all the talk that its backed by an independent financier, the pressure has finally reached a point where they have to wipe, delete content, rehash old content and release a game that is 10 times worse than their first alpha iteration. Your 95% attrition rate will only be worse this time around. Game is dead on arrival and the wealthy "backer" is just looking to mitigate 100% foreseeable losses currently. Better hope he can carry forward these losses under Euro tax law, or at least have enough current income to offset against this giant piece of crap which you Korn, did more than your part to create.