Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice graphics. Where?

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I like to think on BDO as a top quality coin-op. At least that's what the combat looks like. It's fun, don't know for how much longer though...
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited February 2017
    I think you forgot to take off the reduced texture thing, I forgot the setting, but it runs it at half the resolution to make it work on old computers. I had BDO working on a tablet, with that on. I am downloading it now, and am gonna play at 4k, I bet you it doesnt look like garbage. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    free2play said:
    Rather than bicker I'll just let people make up their own mind.

My game looks way better than that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

I do not have the game maxed and mine looks much better. 

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Seeing this screenshot of yours explains to me why some people call this game cartoony. Though, I don't know if thats the proper word for it. Its certainly stylized and vivid. You can contrast that to an old screenshot I pulled off my computer:

I think I could definitely call your character "cartoony", though I don't know if I could call Valtand there "cartoony"? I dunno.
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Seeing this screenshot of yours explains to me why some people call this game cartoony. Though, I don't know if thats the proper word for it. Its certainly stylized and vivid. You can contrast that to an old screenshot I pulled off my computer:

I think I could definitely call your character "cartoony", though I don't know if I could call Valtand there "cartoony"? I dunno.
    Keep in mind you can eliminate that "vivid" coloring. Heck you can make it black and white. And I think two styles of black and white if memory serves. I don't use that vivid color, don't like it. I use the "filmic" filter.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Keep in mind you can eliminate that "vivid" coloring. Heck you can make it black and white. And I think two styles of black and white if memory serves. I don't use that vivid color, don't like it. I use the "filmic" filter.
    Interesting. I had no idea there were other filters. Were they built in to the system, or was it a "mod" so to speak? I mean, there is nothing wrong with stylized and vivid pictures, but it might explain why some people see the game as cartoony.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Interesting. I had no idea there were other filters. Were they built in to the system, or was it a "mod" so to speak? I mean, there is nothing wrong with stylized and vivid pictures, but it might explain why some people see the game as cartoony.
    The filters have always been there... since NA launch anyway.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

The filters have always been there... since NA launch anyway.
    Guess I never went looking for them. I was so enamored with exploring the world. Shame the gameplay ended up ruining it for me.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

No, no I don't. I'm not in a competition. Feel free to continue throwing money at that losing battle if you need to but don't assume I'm inclined.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    free2play said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

No, no I don't. I'm not in a competition. Feel free to continue throwing money at that losing battle if you need to but don't assume I'm inclined.
    Well, if you don't want to upgrade your PC, you just have to accept that the gaming experience you have, will be considerably lower than everyone elses, the fault is not in the game, nor in everyone else, but in your own expectations. :o
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    I don't think a screenshot will do it, he says the graphics issues are when he's moving. That would take a video clip. Don't forget that different peoples eyes are a bit sensitive to different things for various reasons, so what may look good to you, doesn't look good to someone else.  

I find it both funny and sad at how many people jumped up to defend a game they like when someone says they didn't like it for some reason. Not because they defended what they liked, but that so many of them showed themselves to be rather shallow and petty by simply attacking the original poster rather than discussing what he didn't like, or just keeping their mouths shut and pretend they are polite. Yes, I'm scolding you like the small children you are acting like. Especially when, like some people that are trying to help him resolve his issue, a bit of help might just turn him into a fan of the game, rather than someone with proof that there are a lot of jerks around.  Stop with the personal attacks and act like real gamers. 

To the rest of you, sorry for the rant, but I feel it had to be said.  Thanks

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Crosswire said:
    Before I bought this hunk-of-junk I kept reading about how beautiful the graphics were.  What?  The graphics, to me,are disgraceful.  No wonder they over saturate the colours, to hide the gawd awful mess they have the Gaul to call graphics.
    The rest of the game follows suit, one big mess.  They made this game up as they went along not having a bloody clue as to what it was suppose to be.
    BDO, for me, has to be the worse MMO ever spewed up in the history of MMO's.
    This was his post. Don't you think couched in that way he deserved it ?

If he was looking for help and not trolling would he have written it in that way ? So don't rant at us read the damn OP.

• AndersweltAnderswelt Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Some of the Filters used cause a shit ton of shimmering also it's blurry as fuck so just disable some of the blurring effects and do this: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53082-finally-found-a-way-to-disable-the-horrible-forced-sharpness-filter-and-other-post-processing-effects/#comment-719768
    to get rid of the sharpness filter which causes the insane shimmering.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Phry said:
    free2play said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Well, if you don't want to upgrade your PC, you just have to accept that the gaming experience you have, will be considerably lower than everyone elses, the fault is not in the game, nor in everyone else, but in your own expectations. :o
    Sure, except I've done nothing but defend the game and haven't voiced any complaint what so ever about it?
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited February 2017
    A friend I have high regards for, suggested me this game, so I bought it and installed it, played it a bit, messed with the filter settings.

Now my friend and I have agreed, that when ever he likes how a games looks, I will know not to get that one.
    Evar!
    The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.

But different people different strokes I guess.
    If they came straight from EQ1 I can maybe understand it, I mean its better than EQ1 graphics, but not by a lot. :o

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    free2play said:
    Phry said:
    free2play said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:

You need a new PC.

Sure, except I've done nothing but defend the game and haven't voiced any complaint what so ever about it?
    If you are happy enough with how the game is for you, then thats fine. But your experience is not atypical and most do enjoy better graphics generally, its worth also pointing out that even in PVE framerate is an issue, and if your PC can't generate a half decent framerate then combat is going to feel, and no doubt look, clunky and awkward, i wouldn't attempt the PVP in BDO on a PC that was below minimum spec, point of example, i have a gtx 980ti, my system can run the game quite happily at 2560x1440 and give 40-50 fps or 20-30 fps in places like Calpheon, but if i want to do anything PVP, which isn't very often, or do Kzarka, which is as often as i can, then i have to drop to 1920x1080 just to keep the framerate as close to 60 as possible, which with Kzarka, it isn't but every little helps. When i am trading however, i use 2560x1440, because the game looks awesome, and travelling from Calpheon to Shakatu, you get a real mix of sceneries which imo are well worth paying attention to. :o
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Distopia said:
    Scorchien said:
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
    For art style yes, graphics not so much, graphics is a matter of the visual tools and effects applied. Few if any right now match the technical abilities of BDO. The shaders, lighting, shadowing, etc.. are all top notch. Not to mention weather effects/fog etc...

You just need the Hardware to run it.
    Not even hardware is a real issue with BDO. My PC (specs below) runs the game just fine on almost high settings. I could run on highest, but then world bosses are a lag-fest. Tuning it down a bit (SSO disabled and lowering only 2 or 3 other settings) worked out pretty well for me.
    TENTING said:

The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.

You can completely take the color out of the game, desaturate, etc. two types of black and white, you can make it Sepia.

• odinthor021odinthor021 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Geez bad graphics? Bad combat animations? The fluid movements of the Maewa and Dark Knight are awesome. The Witch and Sorceress attacks are simply stunning.The attack strings and combat are outstanding , maybe it's just my musheen fooling me? And I'm saying this and I seem to be getting DC'd on a regular basis since the last patch. Someone needs to clean their glasses.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Aori said:
    TENTING said:
    A friend I have high regards for, suggested me this game, so I bought it and installed it, played it a bit, messed with the filter settings.

Now my friend and I have agreed, that when ever he likes how a games looks, I will know not to get that one.
    Evar!

But different people different strokes I guess.
    If they came straight from EQ1 I can maybe understand it, I mean its better than EQ1 graphics, but not by a lot. :o

Go home you're drunk.
    I was thinking bath salts or LSD.  But maybe you're right.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    edited March 2017
    odinthor021 said:
    Geez bad graphics? Bad combat animations? The fluid movements of the Maewa and Dark Knight are awesome. The Witch and Sorceress attacks are simply stunning.The attack strings and combat are outstanding , maybe it's just my musheen fooling me? And I'm saying this and I seem to be getting DC'd on a regular basis since the last patch. Someone needs to clean their glasses.

Oh yes.  Attach a rubber band to the target, pull taught, then happily bounce around all over the shop.
    I would not class this as animation, more acquainted with bouncing around in a assortment of flashing lights.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Thought I would give Geforce experience a chance to sort this out, so I set it to optimal and BOOM!...........It's still looks like s***.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Crosswire said:
    Thought I would give Geforce experience a chance to sort this out, so I set it to optimal and BOOM!...........It's still looks like s***.

now THAT was funny!