Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Launch Day Arrives for the 16-Year-Old Veteran - Anarchy Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteam Launch Day Arrives for the 16-Year-Old Veteran - Anarchy Online - MMORPG.com

Anarchy Online News - Proving that things get better with age, Funcom's Anarchy Online has reached another seminal point in its history. It is now an officially launched Steam MMO. AO will be free to play with an in-game shop and will additionally feature trading cards and achievements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Hot Damn! Anarchy Online I loved this game hmm is the graphic update available might go try this now in Steam.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I don't get this part to be honest "AO will be free to play with an in-game shop", since AO is f2p for quite a while now... :lol:
    Yep, the gfx update happened last year I think.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I wish them luck, tried going back to this game a couple times and just gave up.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Totally trying it again.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Your locked out of most of the game unless you sub. This is going to fail big time. Paying 15 a month for a game that has no content update in close to 10 freaking years no thanks. And you can't play any character that you subbed with heck you can't even login to that account.
  • AztokAztok Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited February 2017
    Not to fond of games that allow u to buy max lvl toons. But i played the hell out of this way back when and had great fun doing so. Ill give it another shot, but i doubt this will make a comeback so dont get your hopes up. EDIT: Well after trying to get into my old account. I cant play because i was subbed and i am not subbed anymore so the blocked my account LOL. Therefore i have to create a new account to play for free. Uninstalled.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2017
    One of the best MMOs ever made , unique and dangerous world , and still the most in-depth class builds in any MMO out .. Great News For AO and its community
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I dont get why MMOs have to go to Steam to get attention...99% of us have known about AO since 2002 and its been f2p since 2005 iirc
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I dont get why MMOs have to go to Steam to get attention...99% of us have known about AO since 2002 and its been f2p since 2005 iirc
    Did they update the F2P system since then? I know there were a lot of restrictions in terms of content you could access back in 2005. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I actually played this back at launch during the first month of release. Though, it was near unplayable and completely broken, the game was still great fun. However, since I was heavily into Ultima Online, at the time, I uninstalled AO after a few weeks, traded the account for a small house in UO and never looked back...

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577

Hytek said:

I actually played this back at launch during the first month of release. Though, it was near unplayable and completely broken, the game was still great fun. However, since I was heavily into Ultima Online, at the time, I uninstalled AO after a few weeks, traded the account for a small house in UO and never looked back...

I never played Anarchy Online, but what MMO wasn't broken at launch? Hell Vanilla WoW was completely unplayable for the first 6 months, yet it grew as one of the most popular MMOs of all time.

ESO for instance had one of the best launches in this genre, yet it was still criticized just because every 20-30ty quest required relogging to progress. And only a handful of them were actually broken so much that they required GM assistance.

So where is the line where we define MMOs as broken and unplayable at launch? All of them could fit into that criteria if we're being harsh. Some have it worse, others better. Some learn from their mistakes, others don't. And some are even "broken" several years after release.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Looks like a last try to get people into the game. Knowing the Steam community they'll bash this game big-time because of it's out-dated graphics and extremely clunky animations.