Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player guide for returning to Archeage.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited January 2017 in ArcheAge
Do not try any of the fresh start servers.  You will be disappointed and quit.
Do not open any purses, dropped weapons, armor, gear that require labor to open.  They are worthless.  Unless you get 100k labor points into opening them.  Then they might be worth opening.

You want to make at least 3 silver per labor point.  And thats not very good number.  So when calculating labor to see if something is worth doing use that system.
The higher a profession the lower labor required to do things in that profession.  You can decrease labor cost by up to 40% but that takes 100 days.

You can regrade to Celestial with normal regrade scrolls.

I've been told to use the resplenda regrade scrolls at Unique if anyone knows better please chime in.

If you are smart then you will only have to pay first month subscription and the rest you buy with ingame gold.
I'm making 260g a day just off my farms with only 1h of playtime split into 30minute sessions.

Join a guild they have tons of free resources because everyone is rich.

Obsidian is the gear you will be using and upgrading.  It doesn't explode and you want to regrade it at T1 as high as you want because it costs more to regrade at T7.

Do not buy real estate.  There is plenty of free land.  Only buy if something is already build like a treehouse or something.   I got a treehouse in a prime location for 1600g.  It costs about 1k just for resources to build a treehouse so it was a great deal.  Considering the treehouse blueprint is 5k at least.
Are you onto something or just on something?
Post edited by filmoret on

Comments

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    edited January 2017
    thanks for the tips..

ive joined 3 weeks ago and made it to level 53..

still struggling with the crafting / labour as some of its principles make no sense to me.

for instance ive seen manufactured products cost LESS on the AH than the raw material itself.

case in point for example fishing hook: 100 cost 1G to buy, where as 100 iron ingot costs 6G. its a 1:1 ratio. Similarly with lumber and paper. Much rather sell the lumber than bother to produce paper... but what if i need to produce paper to level up printing?

Some materials that cost vocation badges to produce and plently of labour are pretty much worthless in the AH, or at least not reasonably priced when compared to other products. Case in point: milk.

So levelling my crafting has become na investment for me in many ways which i pay with trade runs and the best i can hope for is to break even.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    @Troneas   some people are trying to level their crafting so they are mass producing things and selling at loss.  The market fluctuates a bit so you gotta look first before crafting and trying to sell.
    edited January 2017
    Ok I had to revise the OP since I recently found out that opening the boxes and chests from random loot drops are worth the effort.  No matter what level they are its worth opening.  The purses and item drops aren't worth unlocking however.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    filmoret said:
    Ok I had to revise the OP since I recently found out that opening the boxes and chests from random loot drops are worth the effort.  No matter what level they are its worth opening.  The purses and item drops aren't worth unlocking however.
    yeah crates are good. FS, accessories will net a decent amount until auroria ones surface more, but the average GS at 50+ is around 2.5k so that won't happen for a bit.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Just a question.  Why are the fresh start servers not worth playing on?
    Crosswire said:
    Just a question.  Why are the fresh start servers not worth playing on?
    Its plauged with too many players and all the problems that come at launch.  Even now 3 months after launch they still have queue's to get into the server.  Finding land is probably impossible as well.  Archeage is one of those games where you need a good balance of players.   Too many will ruin the experience.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I started playing on Reckoning (fresh start) a couple weeks ago and haven't had a queue yet, and the player base seems actually moderate. I'm NA here. See land spots available everywhere too.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."