The title says it all; well, also pixel and voxel graphics are not acceptable. My friend is getting a gaming computer for the first time in a decade, and asked me to find an MMO to play with him, with the intention that we spend most of our time in-game dong quests and killing monsters, either both solo but near each other, or as a pair.
So here are the requirements again:
- Game has a fantasy or science fantasy setting
- Quests! Lots of well-written ones that communicate lore about the world and also NPCs that are interesting characters.
- Game is a full MMO with a monster-populated world to explore
- Either no PvP at all, PvP only in arenas, or PvE servers
- Game isn't too hard to solo and doesn't have loot penalties for players who aren't in group or are soloing content meant for a lower-level group
- Looks relatively nice, no pixels or voxels
- Should have wasd movement or gamepad; mouse-only movement hurts my arm.
- Minor bonus points for crafting that actually produces useful items, no gender-locked classes, the cash shop isn't too horrible (or there's an actual subscription instead)
I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story. So PM me if you are starting one.