Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert (Kr) Physically Dynamic Weapons

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,436
edited February 2017 in Black Desert Online

















Comments

  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,789
    Looking good love the new weapons awakening ones all I guess.

  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 4,109
    The weapons look really nice.

    I think I would even play this game if it was not for the cash shop and the console-like combat and effects. Pity.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Nyctelios said:
    I won't lie, it looks out of place.
    Not a big fan either to be honest...

    Those damn things look like they belong on mechas.

    Bah, but we'll be getting them now anyway. Dev resources went into those.

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,188

    I like it.

  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,180
    Just my picky self barging in here.Those are animated weapons, not dynamic.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    That has to be the most ridiculous video I have ever seen.
    The weapons are comical and the stilettos high camp.

    ROFLMAO
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,677
    Kilrain said:
    Just my picky self barging in here.Those are animated weapons, not dynamic.
    Yeah I was going to say that as well. Plus it isn't anything crazy, lots of games have been doing that for a while.

    Overall I think it looks nice though. I might go mess around with BDO now that I have a PC again.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Weapons look great but in actual game play combat,the animations are horrible and actions are so fast you won't be able to even see  or enjoy any of those animated weapons.
    They break the grounds of plausible realism and to me that ruins immersion and just makes the game look silly and why i quit so quickly.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Only if the gameplay is as dynamic as those weapons....
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,035
    Those graphics look so crap, jeez what is this 1998? 
    ....
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,436
    YashaX said:
    Those graphics look so crap, jeez what is this 1998? 
    Is it that period of the month again? :frown: 

  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,035
    Dragnelus said:
    YashaX said:
    Those graphics look so crap, jeez what is this 1998? 
    Is it that period of the month again? :frown: 
    Come on bro, get with the times. Minecraft is where its at for graphics: BDO is so cartoony and unrealistic: there's not even any ammo! 
    ....
  • BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I still can't get over how ridiculously stupid look those skimpy clad babes in high heels lifting and swinging enormously huge weapons. Also was that some gymnast at the end of the video, the one with circle lol =)

  • BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    DMKano said:

    High heels combat outfits while silly - had been a staple of asian video games for decades
    And that's why I simply cannot bring myself to play Asian games. I tried BDO for some time, but just can't stand this crap for so long. It was like medieval fantasy world inhabited by Asian MMO freaks.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    The is one of the LEAST mmos that has skimpy clothes.

    You choose if you want to be skimpy or not. The majority of the gear for female covers quite a lot of skin which is surprising.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,284
    That has to be the most ridiculous video I have ever seen.
    The weapons are comical and the stilettos high camp.

    ROFLMAO
    This can't be the first time you've seen an Asian video game.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,188
    edited February 2017

     If you don't like it then do not play it.

    Kakao already made this clear when people said the game went Pay To Win.

    We have to keep these people out of our games. ;)

  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,614
    Those weapons look impatient to start fighting.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

    ― Umberto Eco

    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

  • NoxiasNoxias Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Like them all but the greatsword idk why just looks ugly
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:
    I still can't get over how ridiculously stupid look those skimpy clad babes in high heels lifting and swinging enormously huge weapons. Also was that some gymnast at the end of the video, the one with circle lol =)


    Its a video game, with Ogres, Cyclops full of completely unrealistic stuff.

    High heels combat outfits while silly - had been a staple of asian video games for decades
    Ogres and Cyclops don't exist in real life.

    High heals and women and humans with muscles (or lack of muscles) do.

    Thus seeing a skinny non-muscular woman in high heels doing acrobatics using a weapon that's bigger than she is tends to be more immersion breaking than ogres and cyclops because the former uses aspects grounded in reality while the latter do not.  It's much easier to say "Fantasy!" when all the things involved are fantasy like ogres and cyclops.  Not so easy when you're using things from real life and then having them do crazy physics that are physically impossible and nonsense in real life.  It's possible to accept to a point but eventually at some point, for some people, it breaks immersion.  And in this case, it's clearly reached that point for quite a few posters here.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,106
    Tiamat64 said:
    DMKano said:
    I still can't get over how ridiculously stupid look those skimpy clad babes in high heels lifting and swinging enormously huge weapons. Also was that some gymnast at the end of the video, the one with circle lol =)


    Its a video game, with Ogres, Cyclops full of completely unrealistic stuff.

    High heels combat outfits while silly - had been a staple of asian video games for decades
    Ogres and Cyclops don't exist in real life.

    High heals and women and humans with muscles (or lack of muscles) do.

    Thus seeing a skinny non-muscular woman in high heels doing acrobatics using a weapon that's bigger than she is tends to be more immersion breaking than ogres and cyclops because the former uses aspects grounded in reality while the latter do not.  It's much easier to say "Fantasy!" when all the things involved are fantasy like ogres and cyclops.  Not so easy when you're using things from real life and then having them do crazy physics that are physically impossible and nonsense in real life.  It's possible to accept to a point but eventually at some point, for some people, it breaks immersion.  And in this case, it's clearly reached that point for quite a few posters here.
    I agree. Physics exist in fantasy too. And if laws are getting bent or broken, there should be good reasons and explanations for it.

    But I am being too picky here. There used to be a time when my character ate mushrooms and became a giant and yet I was so immersed in the game. It's not like the rest of the media and entertainment is following all these rules.

    Recently, even watching the world's news is breaking all sorts of immersion. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
Sign In or Register to comment.