Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice graphics. Where?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I think he's lying no way this is not a trolling attempt.
    Chamber of Chains
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    edited February 2017
    i7 4790K - 32 gig RAM - GTX 970 - BenQ XL2411T Monitor - SSD 950 EVO - Win 10 64bit.

Everything but BDO looks lovely.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Crosswire said:
    i7 4790K - 32 gig RAM - GTX 970 - BenQ XL2411T Monitor - SSD 950 EVO - Win 10 64bit.

Everything but BDO looks lovely.
    Then you should have no problems whatsoever in providing a few screenshots that epitomise all that is awful within BDO.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Just like others stated... There's plenty of things not to like in BDO, graphics is not one of them.......
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    BDO graphics aren't awful... just cartoony
    And you think WoW are realistic?
    LOL

wait, what?  I don't like WoW graphics.  they are even more cartoony than BDO.
    I get the feeling that anything that is not photorealistic is considered to be cartoony to you, is this correct?

geez, don't get upset... it was just an opinion.  i find BDO kinda cartoony.  i run it in 2k graphics.  its not as cartoony as WoW and GW2, but still a little cartoony.  i didn't say the graphics are bad, just that i find it cartoony... no biggie.  ohhh-pin-yunnn

Sz  :)
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'm sure many of you missed it, but he's trolling.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    SaunZ said:
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

I get the feeling that anything that is not photorealistic is considered to be cartoony to you, is this correct?

geez, don't get upset... it was just an opinion.  i find BDO kinda cartoony.  i run it in 2k graphics.  its not as cartoony as WoW and GW2, but still a little cartoony.  i didn't say the graphics are bad, just that i find it cartoony... no biggie.  ohhh-pin-yunnn

While it's fine to, obviously, have your own opinion, what "isn't" cartoony to you?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

While it's fine to, obviously, have your own opinion, what "isn't" cartoony to you?
    To be fair, BDO has a very Anime approach to it's character design. Their models remind me a lot of Berserk. Which IMO is a good thing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

to me, my opinion, EVE doesn't seem cartoony, ESO doesn't seem cartoony, LOTRO doesn't seem cartoony, Rift didn't seem cartoony... as examples... just my opinion.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    If people learned the difference between graphic quality and art style. Posts like this wouldn't exist.

Graphics in BDO? Yes good quality.
    Art Style? In my opinion horrible

See?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I agree. Aside from the character models, BDO is hideous.

Joined - July 2004

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    The graphics themselves are pretty, as long as your character is standing still.  Sure, the screenshots look nice, when nobody is moving.

The problem with BDO is that is has the worst texture pop-in I've ever seen in gaming, ever.  And considering the game was released in 2016 (at least here), that is inexcusable.  And the fanboi justifications for it are just laughable.  "You get used to it" and "it's part of the game" are two of the stupidest things I've ever read.

So yeah, nice character models for screenshots, but with the horrendous pop-in and the drooling idiots who make excuses for it, BDO is little more than yet another "next big thing" or "sandbox" that couldn't live up to its hype.  
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    For me they tried to go with some realism in the way the characters look and made the edges soft and have a grainy appearance.  I do not like the grainy appearance myself.  When the game is moving it doesn't look great at all to me.  This is a personal opinion, some may like it but others do not.  I am one of those that do not.  ESO looks better than BDO for me personally.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Wow.  If you think BDO's graphics are "The graphics, to me,are disgraceful" then you might want to look for another hobby.  While BDO graphics are not revolutionary, they are certainly in the top tier of current MMO's. 

Perhaps you should look into becoming a rosarian.  Lots of vivid colors and detail in that hobby.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

to me, my opinion, EVE doesn't seem cartoony, ESO doesn't seem cartoony, LOTRO doesn't seem cartoony, Rift didn't seem cartoony... as examples... just my opinion.

Not sure why LOTRO looks non cartoony to you and BDO does? To each their own ;)

Never played BDO but I can say the LOTRO's strong point is not its characters.  Landscape I would put up against any game.
    SaunZ said:
    Sovrath said:
    SaunZ said:
    Phry said:
    SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

Not sure why LOTRO looks non cartoony to you and BDO does? To each their own ;)

sigh... you're right... LOTRO is cartoony too

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I can see someone not liking the art style, but the graphics? For an MMO the BDO graphics are top notch.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    8/8 gr8 b8

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    has there been any solution for the flickering and shimmering of textures when you move? it feels like everything is swirling around you no matter how much AA you apply via nVidia control panel...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Threads like this remind me the difference between varying opinions and smoking meth.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited February 2017
    So this cartoony argument are still going on I see, ok what MMO are NOT cartoony and no you cant say EVE?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Galadourn said:
    has there been any solution for the flickering and shimmering of textures when you move? it feels like everything is swirling around you no matter how much AA you apply via nVidia control panel...
    Scroll up and read what I wrote, It's a bug, I had perfect grahic then a frikkin patch ruined it
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Rather than bicker I'll just let people make up their own mind.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    As a few have commented here.  Stand still, strike a pose, and all is good.  Start to move and it's one big mess.  I suspect that they have pushed the graphics engine way beyond it's capability's.  That would be why it feels on the verge of collapse.