Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice graphics. Where?

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Awesome graphics, using almost the whole keyboard to play is what keeps me from playing and the forced PvP. So many awesome games but had the forced PvP that blocks me from playing like: Archeage, Aion, BDO.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    BDO graphics aren't awful... just cartoony
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Crosswire said:
    Before I bought this hunk-of-junk I kept reading about how beautiful the graphics were.  What?  The graphics, to me,are disgraceful.  No wonder they over saturate the colours, to hide the gawd awful mess they have the Gaul to call graphics.
    The rest of the game follows suit, one big mess.  They made this game up as they went along not having a bloody clue as to what it was suppose to be.
    BDO, for me, has to be the worse MMO ever spewed up in the history of MMO's.
    Time to get your eyes tested again .
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    SaunZ said:
    .....What?
    Pretty sure someone must have mislabled some Wildstar pics as being BDO, no way is BDO in any way shape or form 'cartoony' O.o
    cribett said:
    Crosswire said:
    Before I bought this hunk-of-junk I kept reading about how beautiful the graphics were.  What?  The graphics, to me,are disgraceful.  No wonder they over saturate the colours, to hide the gawd awful mess they have the Gaul to call graphics.
    The rest of the game follows suit, one big mess.  They made this game up as they went along not having a bloody clue as to what it was suppose to be.
    Time to get your eyes tested again .
    While people often have different preferences when it comes to aesthetics, not liking something is not the same as something being bad, just not their preference.
    Well, that would account for some not liking it, on the other hand some people just say things contrary to inflame others, Crosswire has stated far too many absurdities to be anything other than antagonistic, behaviour commonly associated with Trolls unless i am very much mistaken. :o
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Trolls are gonna bait.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    SaunZ said:
    And you think WoW are realistic?
    LOL
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    I can't stand the pop-in graphics, and aside from character models, I would agree BDO is behind games like GW2 and others. I ran everything maxxed on a gtx1070 and it didn't break a sweath. But graphics are way down on my list of important features for a mmorpg, so that is not the reason I don't play BDO.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    SaunZ said:
    BDO's graphics are about as far removed from cartoony as can be. I didn't like the general artstyle and aesthetics of the game, but there's no doubt that the graphics are top-notch. The pop-in, well that's another issue altogether. 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
    You don't like the art style. There is a difference between graphics/graphics fidelity and art style/art assets and people need to realize those differences. 
    No i dont like the graphics .. [mod edit] .. Everyone doesnt have to like it , Some people cant grasp this concept
    My argument still stands. You dislike the art style / art assets of the game. Graphics =/= textures and art assets they have to do with the shaders/graphics fidelity and other stuff that are nothing to do with the game engine/graphics.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Graphics are not something you can convince others to like if they already don't.  It can't be explained logically to make you see what their seeing.  It's no different than someone who likes modern art and someone who doesn't.

This is a rabbit hole that could go on endlessly while some argue either side.  At the end of the day, it's a purely internal decision.  Sorry that you don't like them.  I think their fine.  Not the best in the world, but good enough for a Luddite like me.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2017
    Scorchien said:
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
    For art style yes, graphics not so much, graphics is a matter of the visual tools and effects applied. Few if any right now match the technical abilities of BDO. The shaders, lighting, shadowing, etc.. are all top notch. Not to mention weather effects/fog etc...

You just need the Hardware to run it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Are we confusing the CGI segments with the game, played it with options ramped up as far as they could go and at no stage did words like "Amazing", Revolutionary or Cutting edge" ever pop to mind, unlike some of the assets that were popping.

Things like the sky, shaders and weather were nice but the real meat and bones of the game looked ok nothing exciting at all.

Running Asus GTX 1080 Strix 8 GB, 64 Gb system ram with OC i7 6800 @ 4.0Ghz

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

wait, what?  I don't like WoW graphics.  they are even more cartoony than BDO.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I hate a lot of things about BDO but anyone that says this game doesnt have good graphics is delusional.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    SaunZ said:
    .....What?
    I've seen a few other people on this site say the same thing and I can't imagine where it comes from. Maybe they are referencing things such as the over-sized weapons.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    edited February 2017
    mcrippins said:
    Guy is probably running on a video card made by playskool..
    and a playskool v2 Monitor! cause i will tell you one thing we can all say anything we like about it love it or hate it but it looks absolutely glorious on my 1440p acer except for that awful pop-in yuck
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Crosswire said:
    Man, i dislike BDO because of the economy, and the random gambling, but to say it has bad graphics is ass nine. There is no other MMO, that even compares to BDO graphics. Even Skyrim modded is not that much better. Add in the animations which are great in BDO, and graphics are better than anything out there in the RPG world. What are you just trolling, cause you dont like it lol. 

As far as your theory of them not having a clue, well I dono how you got that one. They had a clue as to what they were doing. There goal was to get people addicted to gambling, and it worked for them. 
    I don't want to be that guy.. but I feel like I have to in this situation. The word is Asinine, meaning stupid or foolish. The internet is a cruel place you run around saying ass nine and people are going to ridicule the hell out of you.. God speed friend.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Scorchien said:
    BDO looked good but not great to me.  I didn't bother adjusting the graphics because I look at other things in the game and the combat was also just ok to me.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

SaunZ said:
    Maurgrim said:
    SaunZ said:
    LOL

wait, what?  I don't like WoW graphics.  they are even more cartoony than BDO.
    I get the feeling that anything that is not photorealistic is considered to be cartoony to you, is this correct?
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    The horrible dialogue translations killed the game for me ... I really tried but I just could not get past the grammar. Many of the npc conversations made no sense whatsoever. Graphics alone a good game does not make. =)
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Leiros said:
    The horrible dialogue translations killed the game for me ... I really tried but I just could not get past the grammar. Many of the npc conversations made no sense whatsoever. Graphics alone a good game does not make. =)

Same.  It was as if the game was on drugs and was spouting of nonsense.

Since this post I have tried every tip I could find and the graphics in BDO are still horrible.  Popping shimmering, jaggies, you name it.  It's hard to put them down to one thing, it just feels as if the graphics engine is clinging on by it's fingernails on the verge of total collapse.
    Crosswire said:
    Leiros said:

Since this post I have tried every tip I could find and the graphics in BDO are still horrible.  Popping shimmering, jaggies, you name it.  It's hard to put them down to one thing, it just feels as if the graphics engine is clinging on by it's fingernails on the verge of total collapse.
    I think if you provided a few screenshots of what your talking about, it would help, as its hard to reconcile your words with what i've seen myself.
    So screenshot it or its BS basically. :o
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Crosswire said:
    Leiros said:

You still haven't answered the question a few people asked you.  What are you computer specs?  If we know what you are running, that will help you in the long run.  You might just not be able to run it correctly with your current set up.  Your computer might be trying to put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag long story short.