Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TIL Not to Redeem a new WOW Sub in February

SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
edited February 2017 in World of Warcraft
When they say "Free month included", I had no idea they were literal!  I redeemed a WOW sub yesterday for a new account and was stumped when I saw that I only had 27 days remaining immediately after registration.  They took my 02/18 signup and now I have until 03/18.  So if I had waited until 03/01, I would have actually gotten 31 days Free (so I feel cheated 4 days!)

This is probably already known to most of you, but I'm so use to other MMOs giving "30 days".  Are there other MMOs that are/were also so literal with the "Free Month" w/purchase?
Post edited by SquireX on

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited February 2017
    Well when you sub the renewal date is is usually the same month to month, so not really surprising. EVE would work the same way.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Kyleran said:
    Well when you sub the renewal date is is usually the same month to month, so not really surprising. EVE would work the same way.
    Actually, I was surprised :)   And according to Eve's online sub site info...
    • 1 month equals 30 days of game time.
    30 days is what I've always known (starting with EQ back in 99) to be the standard for the 1st month on a new sub....

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2017
    SE tends to give people around 27-28 days. Depends on the month I think
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited February 2017
    SquireX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Actually, I was surprised :)   And according to Eve's online sub site info...
    • 1 month equals 30 days of game time.
    30 days is what I've always known (starting with EQ back in 99) to be the standard for the 1st month on a new sub....

Had to go back a ways to the days I paid monthly(2008) but they did as you say, billing on 30 day cycles.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon