Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade time! best bang for buck?

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    For me it's about price to performance.  If you're looking between the 1060 and the 480, what I believe is that you just go with what you find a better deal on.

I found a better deal on the 1060, and the performance increase of the 480 was negligible enough for the cost savings.   If you're only saving like.. 10 dollars or so, no big deal.. but I was able to get a 50 dollar drop on the 1060 in comparison to the 480.

What world are you living in?  The only 1060's that are cheaper than the RX-480's are the 4gb ones and those are complete junk.  If you are going to buy a 1060, you need at minimum the 6gb one and those are always priced higher than the RX-480!
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Ozmodan said:
    For me it's about price to performance.  If you're looking between the 1060 and the 480, what I believe is that you just go with what you find a better deal on.

I found a better deal on the 1060, and the performance increase of the 480 was negligible enough for the cost savings.   If you're only saving like.. 10 dollars or so, no big deal.. but I was able to get a 50 dollar drop on the 1060 in comparison to the 480.

What world are you living in?  The only 1060's that are cheaper than the RX-480's are the 4gb ones and those are complete junk.  If you are going to buy a 1060, you need at minimum the 6gb one and those are always priced higher than the RX-480!
    The 3 GB and 6 GB versions of the GTX 1060 are really two different cards.  Nvidia should have called them a GTX 1060 and GTX 1060 Ti or something like that.  Usually, less memory only means less memory, not that Nvidia also disabled part of the chip.