Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Valentines Day Free Fly Event (with multi-crew ship)

12346»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Amazing.

They say the man's opinion is worthless and then spend all day arguing with him.
    That's really strange.

Lol, are we really going there? Is this not just another day in SC? Pot/Kettle, Kettle/Pot. Was that not subtle enough? Soooooooooooo sorry to insult his high and mighty upon his throne of absolve. There are some here who just throw posts out and then act like they were a joke after *cough* you *cough* :awesome:

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    "I have an account."

If you speak about Star Citizen accounts: you have nothing.

You are permabanned. Any additional accounts you might have bought since then are automatically permabanned too.

Have fun
  • dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    CrazKanuk said:

I'm not sure why you continue to insist that SC is a scam. There isn't any proof of that, and never has been despite people saying it for a couple years now. There are obvious complaints that resurface continuously, but nothing with any real logic or intelligent thought behind it, yes even your walls of text. Just like everyone else, you started out with some valid arguments, but then slowly became less and less plausible as time went on. Go take a look over your own posts and evaluate where they are now, and the basis of your arguments, versus back then. It's actually pretty enlightening. Same text, reduced relevance. 
    Opinions don't need proof. People saying it is a scam, has no more credibility than you guys who say they are going to deliver a work product as promised.

My opinion remains that - by all accounts and from what they've done, and continue to do, it's a scam. They are welcome to sue me if they feel that they are being accused of something that they're not doing.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:   

No one said anything about Guiness Book of World Records verifying anything about Sandi Gardiner.

Have fun

You did when I asked you for proof of Sandi's marketing credentials and you told me the Guinness book of world records. 

I said that her success in getting 143 M$ was verfied by GBWR, which have confirmed CIG's numbers several times now.

I did not say anything about GBWR verifying Sandi's Marketing credentials.

Have fun

7) Proof please. Most marketers won't shut the hell up about themselves since they, you know, market things and people. I don't really see a resume for Sandi before SC outside of a mediocre acting career.

--> Proof is : Guiness Book of Records.

Thata on page 3. It's a little hard to try and revise history when it's literally a few pages back and can be checked
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    dsmart said:
    CrazKanuk said:

I'm not sure why you continue to insist that SC is a scam. There isn't any proof of that, and never has been despite people saying it for a couple years now. There are obvious complaints that resurface continuously, but nothing with any real logic or intelligent thought behind it, yes even your walls of text. Just like everyone else, you started out with some valid arguments, but then slowly became less and less plausible as time went on. Go take a look over your own posts and evaluate where they are now, and the basis of your arguments, versus back then. It's actually pretty enlightening. Same text, reduced relevance. 
    Opinions don't need proof. People saying it is a scam, has no more credibility than you guys who say they are going to deliver a work product as promised.

My opinion remains that - by all accounts and from what they've done, and continue to do, it's a scam. They are welcome to sue me if they feel that they are being accused of something that they're not doing.

Lol, interesting...... so it appears as though people have been wrong about who is running what church, I suppose. The irony is that based on your own opinion, you're actually doing the exact same thing. Actually, it might be worse. See, YOU said that your game would be out in 2012. That was in 2010. Yet here you are, even after Steam kicked you out, collecting money from people, like a veritable passing of the hat, but from your own site so nobody can shut you down. Well! I guess that we see the value of your opinion. I really wish others would see how hypocritical you are. I mean taking people's hard earned money with a road map that reads like a fucking horror story of a software project. I'll give you this, at least you put the warts out there for everyone to see. Just saying, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Oh! And please don't give me the excuse about 300 employees versus 6 or 10 or however many because if you have 30 times FEWER employees it only means that your project will take 30 times LONGER to complete, so you're even a BIGGER asshole for taking people's money. You know what? If you want to put your money where your mouth is, take the fucking crowdfunding store off your site. Let's face it, it isn't like you're making a shit ton of money anyway. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    dsmart said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Yeah, nice dig :)
    Seriously.. name a few games that on release had less bugs than the SC alpha.

Also, you still haven't answered on what you mean by "larger".. do you mean the in-game playing area? Mechanics? Content? What?

>>>>Name a few games that on release had less bugs than the SC Alpha ?>>>>

--> Witcher 3 comes to mind, also Mass Effect   (you asked for LESS bugs)

With "larger" i mean the scope of the game (space sim + FPS + economic simulation + sandbox + social Simulation + racing Simulation etc.) as well as the number of technical innovations. Even the limited playing space we see in the SC Alpha  ("Crusader" area, Arccorp area, the racetrack etc.) is more than a lot of games offer.

Have fun

Name ONE technical innovation. Just ONE.

The combination of all these parts into one working whole sandbox game.

Something which you have chased for the last 21 years ... and failed. Repeatedly.

Have games like Space Engineers and Emyprion not done these things?  You can fly off a carrier, land on a planet and shoot things without any loading screens.

@Talonsin

Not at that level of graphical detail and quality, which requires a lot more work and "horsepowers" in the background. I own both the games you mentioned and IMHO Star Citizen is a big step forward from there technically.

I name Star Wars Galaxies as a spiritual successor to SC and (partially) these games.

Have fun

So "better graphics" is the "technical innovation"?

On another note: 
    Derek, seriously,  you have been saying they are "in the red" and "running on fumes" and "out of money" for YEARS.  If you did not repeat the same old crap over and over that we can clearly see is not true, you might have more support.  If what you were saying was true, there would have been some downsizing by now. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Erillion said:
    "I have an account."

If you speak about Star Citizen accounts: you have nothing.

You are permabanned. Any additional accounts you might have bought since then are automatically permabanned too.

Have fun
    You are better than that man. You know what he meant.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Hey, I'm fine with that, but it's when objectivity leaves the building that it just becomes bait (which much of your points are). Since we just reached 1, why don't you ask DS how long you should continue raising funds. He's been doing it longer than CR and his game is still in development, and has been for several years more than SC. Perfect example of how adding context to your argument actually creates perspective. 

The difficulty with your post isn't that you ask questions, it's that you continually move goal posts and, additionally, provide no context for what "acceptable" is. Without that, any answer is in constant flux. This isn't just for you, though, it's a question for the larger gaming community and it's something that is problematic only because of crowdfunding. Additionally, it's only become problematic because of transparency. There are other similar games *cough cough* which don't provide such numbers, so you'd never know whether they're making a killing or whether they're drowning. 

That being said, giving you the benefit of the doubt, long, multi-point posts are difficult to manage at the best of times, so it's entirely possible that the moving of goal posts is only a product of you clarifying your original question. To that end, you should be able to appreciate how some may feel fatigued after answering the same questions on a weekly basis for the past year and a half. Honestly, SC has had more patches in the past year and a half than the haters have had new, valid arguments. 

EDIT: I will say that I don't know if this reached 1 organically or because @Erillion taunted, but I'll leave that up to others to decide. 

That being said, Derek, the question was to list a released game to have more bugs than SC Alpha, so in that regard he's not wrong. However, AGAIN adding context, there are a plethora of games which have/had more bugs at release than what SC does right now. The question just attempts to put someone on the spot. The counter to that is there are, actually, no metrics published metrics to say which is buggier anyway. A game could have a major bug a launch which makes it appear to be buggier, when it actually has fewer defects per kloc than something else. So, yeah, the question and answer are both kind of baity. 
    I never attempted to move the goalposts. Perhaps it's as you said me clarifying my questions made it seem that way but that's not who I am. I did provide context on the nepotism question when I said companies tend to hire based on past experience. I asked for something showing experience prior to working at CIG that dealt with marketing and got the usual run around lol.

I broke it down into points to make it easier to read since replying within the reply would have made this 10x more exhausting to do. I conceded some things when presented with a good argument and didnt push for more. I'm simply asking for proof (something Erillion is always keen to ask for) but so far I haven't seen it.

If the arguments came to a good conclusion then chances are they wouldn't be brought up again. A few have died on the vine because of things released or not released. Also some of my questions were just specific to this thread so I don't think there should be any fatigue to answering them. 

This is why I like your replies because they actually address things in a straight forward manner as opposed to trying to twist things around so much the original point gets lost in the mass of replies. If only other people could just do what you do these threads wouldn't grow as large as they do lol.

I don't think you're right. I think that answers have had good answers in the past yet seem to come back up, not specifically pointing to you on that. 

I'm assuming your first point is wrt Sandi? Being a Marketing VP? Honestly, I didn't read that bit, but I'm just assuming based on the rant on the previous page that's what you're talking about. I might burst into flames when I say this, but he's right! The correct answer to your question is why the fuck does it matter? If we had to create a list of companies that hired relatives we'd probably have to start a new Internet to hold it. I work at one, and the last place I worked it was the same. The one thing I wouldn't agree with from the previous page is the assumption that nothing was done. Again, we don't really know what she's done. She could be brilliant, she could be a donkey. That being said, I think that dumbing it down to "paying extra to get listed at the top of the listings" is actually pretty shallow. The correct answer is that I don't know what the fuck marketers do! I will say that Sandi isn't solely responsible for CIGs success. In fact, if she was responsible for the day-to-day of her department I'd be disappointed. She's obviously hired good people. I think if she was claiming responsibility for all the success that's pretty eco-maniacal and I'm not sure how two people could fit in their house. Hopefully faulted ceilings? 

Thanks!!! I think that the problem we've got today is people feel like you've got to pick a side. There are plenty of problems with CIG and SC. Are they resolved? I have no idea!!!!! Has anyone actually asked the big homerun questions? Noooooo, lol. Fuck, @Turrican187 had mentioned once about static vs dynamic/PG animations and I was like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" because I had just seen a SM video where the animations looked worse than Madden. So that was like a big question, and I even threw out the idea of asking the question during a live stream they were doing, but it never got asked. Would it have been answered? Who really knows. In the end, the questions like "Where is that game they were going to make for $6 million?" or "What about when they said it would be out in 2014?" just throw up walls of text spouting off the same shit and it's like a nebulous cloud of BS where actual, good questions get lost. 

In regards to Sandi and who giving a shit I would generally agree with you but here. You would think when you hire family/friends though they would have a general idea what their job entails and how to go about it, especially if it's someone else's money that you are going to be paying them with. Your own money then do whatever you want lol.

Like I said to Erillion marketers tend to be vocal and loud about their careers or their clients. If we don't know anything about her "marketing career" prior to CIG then chances are it didn't exist. Which is why many people yell Nepotism. Erin has a game dev career under his belt so hiring him would make sense, hiring CR's wife not so much. I am still waiting for the proof from Erillion though cause he loves to crow for evidence so now it's time to turn the tables.

One thing I am confused about is our comment about dumbing it down by "paying extra to get listed at the top of the listings". Who's that directed at and why? lol

You're welcome. It's nice to have this back and forth and an honest to god discussion without the usual crap some people like to pull. There are plenty of other questions to ask then where's the game promised in 2014 and for 6 million. I think that's kind of thrown out there to try and derail discussions (see one of Erillions responses in this thread to me about how long do they need to crowdfund).

This discussion has been closed.