Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO - Nioh - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO - Nioh - TheHiveLeader

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Great video! You are one of the few reviewers on the Internet in general that I will watch gameplay of. Grats?

A few questions and an observation:

Is their quicksaving or is it like DS and all those other type of games? If not how close are the "wayshrines" or whatever they are to each other? How about the number of Autosaves per gaming session? I ask because I REFUSE to buy another shit "hard just to be hard" game like DS. I got burned 3 (THREE!) times by that nuisance and will not get burned again. I don't mind dying, even for bullshit reasons/mechanics like in DS but for the love of whatever please let me save every now and then or at least Quicksave every few minutes.

(I already know what replies I am going to get by asking those questions so don't bother)

I liked how the target indicators look exactly like the MMORPG.com logo! Copyright infringement anyone?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    That was excellent. I hope this comes to PC.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    bartoni33 said:
    Great video! You are one of the few reviewers on the Internet in general that I will watch gameplay of. Grats?

Is their quicksaving or is it like DS and all those other type of games? If not how close are the "wayshrines" or whatever they are to each other? How about the number of Autosaves per gaming session? I ask because I REFUSE to buy another shit "hard just to be hard" game like DS. I got burned 3 (THREE!) times by that nuisance and will not get burned again. I don't mind dying, even for bullshit reasons/mechanics like in DS but for the love of whatever please let me save every now and then or at least Quicksave every few minutes.

(I already know what replies I am going to get by asking those questions so don't bother)

I liked how the target indicators look exactly like the MMORPG.com logo! Copyright infringement anyone?

No quicksaves or saving. Only Shrines. Kinda like Souls and bonfires. Praying at a shrine is essentially saving. That's the best you get. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks like they 90% copied Diablo,turned it into a single encounter game.Even the glowing white drops look the same and that fire boss/layout looked very similar to the Butcher in Diablo.
    I would say they took Diablo and Souls and combined it.

What is interesting is all i have ever heard from forums and chat is they don't like slow single encounters,yet here we are.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    PS4 is getting all the games.

Glad I own one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    PS4 is getting all the games.

Glad I own one.
    Glad I own a WiiU, Xbox and PS4
    "I will not be denied!!!"

You getting the Nintendo Switch?

I got the Xbox One S and PS4 Pro. Still undecided on the Nintendo Switch.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2017
    The lady with the parasol must have pissed him off a lot ...nightmare henceforth at the sight of umbrellas. Me playing this game is as likely as a me eating an ice cream in hell.
    Chamber of Chains
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    ya U an ripper X rock only vids I enjoy watchin
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    bartoni33 said:

No quicksaves or saving. Only Shrines. Kinda like Souls and bonfires. Praying at a shrine is essentially saving. That's the best you get. 
    Great review, thanks. Are the shrines near the bosses like in Lords of the Fallen, or do they tend to be far away like in the dark souls games?
  • BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103
    You tickled my pickle.. Great video.

YashaX said:

bartoni33 said:

Great review, thanks. Are the shrines near the bosses like in Lords of the Fallen, or do they tend to be far away like in the dark souls games?

They're actually fairly close in Nioh.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    No...No...Hive never touches another dude's pickles...I don't think O.o...Hive! Wanna chime in :-D
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2017
    As always, great video @TheHiveLeader. I can't wait to get this game. I also know the difficulty will drive me insane, just like the Souls/borne games did, but i love it because it is not a cheap artificial difficulty (like destiny,division), it requires player skill.

With that said, i am pretty sure it will take me a very long time to finish this game. I beat Gwyn, Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls 1 after 80 hours of gameplay on my first playthrough.... yeah.... i take my sweet time, for sanity's sake.

carotid said:

No...No...Hive never touches another dude's pickles...I don't think O.o...Hive! Wanna chime in :-D

No comment.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited February 2017
    Did anyone notice that the target icon at 5:15 and on resembles MMORPG's stylised "O"?  If this is a widely used icon, I didn't know.  If so any idea where it may have started or what and how many games use it?

bartoni33 said:

Just read your post, and decided to tack this onto mine.  I knew I couldn't be the only one to notice that.  I'm sure there is a slight variance.  I could see it, but it was close enough to look similar.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

YashaX said:

bartoni33 said:

They're actually fairly close in Nioh.
    Awesome, that makes a huge difference: time to go and buy it
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Why any gammer would just stick to PC in this day and age is beyond me, loving this game. Anyone who thinks this will come to PC will have a long wait indeed if ever, it's an PS4 exclusive.