Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.3 Commander Creator (UPDATED)

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited February 2017 in Elite: Dangerous
Hi everyone,

This week we’ve got two awesome livestreams planned for you, on Tuesday and Thursday at 7PM GMT.

You won’t want to miss either of them, as we’ll be showing you in-game footage from 2.3 The Commanders for the very first time. On Tuesday at 7PM GMT we’ll be showing off the Commander Creator and the Vanity Camera, as well as covering some of the other features coming to 2.3.
On Thursday at 7PM GMT we’ll bring a host of Frontier Developers together to show off Multicrew in action and have some fun together.

So turn up to our official YouTube channel on Tuesday and Thursday at 7PM GMT for your first ever look at 2.3 The Commanders LIVE!

Oh, and here’s a sneak peek of just one of the things we’ll be showing on Tuesday. Have a good day Commanders.

Post edited by rpmcmurphy on

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    I'm so excited about this update. Elite: Dangerous has been a real treat for a guy like me - been having issues with stress and anxiety to the point of health problems, and for some reason this game really has helped me relieve that. 

I even purchased a HOTAS with a triple screen set up to have as much immersion as possible, and there's nothing like cruising the galaxy and just enjoying the game to get my mind off of life's problems for a while.

Keep it up, Frontier Developments! I'm a huge fan!

Commander Halfmystic, signin' out. 

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I really do enjoying playing this game from time to time. I just hope a game (even this one) eventually is able to tie in the space sim with a ground game as well. Where you can get out of your ship, explore a planet. Build a base on it if you want, or setup harvesters for resources, etc. Both sides fully fleshed out, not just a gimmick. Would be great.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Jack of all trades, master of none....

Wish they just focused on spaceships.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I wouldn't say jack of all trades, master of none.

The flight model is superb, the VR is arguably the best in the business, their simulation of the Milky Way is superb etc. That's not to say the game can't be improved or that certain design decisions couldn't have been better in the first place.

edited February 2017
    Part 1 of patch 2.3's livestream finished a little while ago, next part is on Thursday 7PM GMT
    Character creation options were really impressive and the Camera Suite looks superb.

• Character creation 8 mins 42 secs
    • Camera Suite 41 mins 30 secs
    • New ship (Dolphin) 53 mins 45 secs
    • Mega Ship 58 mins

Some screenshots from the livestream

Part 2 of the livestream demoing Multicrew (starts 2m 36s in)