Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shardbound - A Forthcoming Tactical CCG - General News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageShardbound - A Forthcoming Tactical CCG - General News

Spiritwalk Games is launching a KickStarter campaign today to fund its forthcoming tactical CCG called Shardbound. The game seeks to bring a different slant to the typical CCG with the core game play element of 1v1 PvP. In addition, the game will come with an inherent focus on the ability of streamers to engage and interact with Twitch viewers.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Game looks P2W
    --------------------------------------------
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Game looks P2W

You don't play a lot of CCGs do you?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Haha no. ;)
    --------------------------------------------
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    CCG is pay to win and always has been. :)

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I feel old, had to google what CCG means.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    It's a good looking game, however I think I prefer Card Hunter's approach to tactical turn-based CCG combat instead. I'll keep an eye on this though.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    So... It's Pox Nora but worse?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Looks interesting. I've sworn off anything collectible ages ago though
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    If the name of your game gets tedious to pronounce, chances are people will not care much about the game.

My thoughts.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Game looks P2W

Got play Legend OF Cryptids on Android / IOS its more pay 2 win lol.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Duelyst?

Joined - July 2004

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

If the name of your game gets tedious to pronounce, chances are people will not care much about the game.

My thoughts.

Shardbound is tedious to pronounce?
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Because what the maket needs is another P2W, PvP focued, twitch intergrated, 'next big thing' CCG... clearly I'm not the target audiance for this, but why is it that a side game is The Witcher 3 is the most decently monitised and best single player CCG released in the last decade (if not ever)?
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Appears to be a chance for PvPers to put their money where their mouth is...
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Wylf said:

Appears to be a chance for PvPers to put their money where their mouth is...

Already funded.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well they certainly have their smiles and salesmen game faces on lol.
    They state the yare huge twitch fans and fans of several popular games,all is good except...

Their idea behind Twitch is NOT one to make it better for gamer's,this is strictly an idea about profits for them.Here is the deal,they said they love twitch,well in that case they would understand that MOST of the time,like 99% of the time Twitch streamers do NOT want to play anyone outside the game ladder systems.

Usually what happens is if you are a sucker,err i mean subscriber,then they MIGHT hold a draw or once in a blue moon time frame where they will play fellow PAID supporters.So it is ALWAYS about money with Twitch,this games Twitch ideas will not do anything for the game.

As to the design itself,i actually like it,it is exactly what SOE was doing but SOE of course had way better miniatures/animations.IMO SOE failed because well,they are greedy and were badly managed and why they had to sell out after losing money for a long time.

This game has potential if they continue to try and improve it and update it,yes better animations,better maps,needs some walls in there for cover etc etc.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited February 2017
    "is a brand new competitive CCG made by some of the brightest minds in the business."

yea, aaaaand i am not interested anymore. whoever thinks of himself as the brightest mind, can fuck off imo :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    DAOC the gold standard for pvp realized from its inception,that f you are looking for people to fight each other,it is important to provide a support network. So it is NOT 1v1. It is realm vs realm. Hugh groups fighting huge groups. You are never alone. Camelot Unchained is being built on the RvR concept , Planetside 2 ,Elder Scrolls Online etc etc. 1 v 1 pvp...IMO....is destined to fail
  • Foxbat40Foxbat40 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Please no card games. No more.
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I'm a huge Hex:Shards of Fate fan and this looks excellent. I'm backing at the $100 level.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I assumed "Computer Card Game".

Was I right?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Was I right?

Collectable Card Game but pretty much the same idea. Regardless they are all ridiculous PTW cash grabs. Pay stupid amounts of money for packs, to try and get the card you want, or buy the specific cards you want from a marketplace.

Regardless, you are paying tons of RL cash for a virtual card, that took very little effort to make, and if the game is shuttered, you end up with squat. At least if it's a physical card game, you have collectible cards afterwards.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    ragz45 said:

Was I right?

Collectable Card Game but pretty much the same idea. Regardless they are all ridiculous PTW cash grabs. Pay stupid amounts of money for packs, to try and get the card you want, or buy the specific cards you want from a marketplace.

Regardless, you are paying tons of RL cash for a virtual card, that took very little effort to make, and if the game is shuttered, you end up with squat. At least if it's a physical card game, you have collectible cards afterwards.
    So more like a credit card game.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.