Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW February Newsletter for Pantheon

ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
Was surprised to not see a post or link to this anywhere on this site or the forums, so thought I'd help get the word out. From a new stream, class reveal, and hashed out features all the way up to the climate system, it makes for an exciting read.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_february_intro/

Comments

• ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:
    Love the ground texture - giving me that EQ1 vanilla feels

Lol gotta love pre pre Alpha. I didn't even notice that until I looked back over the article. Glad this is the only pixelated ground I've seen so far; brings back the old graphic design days
    DMKano said:
    Zuldan1 said:
    DMKano said:

Lol gotta love pre pre Alpha. I didn't even notice that until I looked back over the article. Glad this is the only pixelated ground I've seen so far; brings back the old graphic design days

I wasn't being sarcastic - i really do prefer that texture to the ultra-realistic high res grounds many games have.

It has that great EQ1 vibe.
    *insert Phillip J Fry "not sure if best troll ever or serious" meme* lol. I enjoyed the comment/insight regardless; newsletter has me in a good mood today : )
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    DMKano said:
    Zuldan1 said:
    DMKano said:

I wasn't being sarcastic - i really do prefer that texture to the ultra-realistic high res grounds many games have.

So what is it that they are walking on exactly? I wouldn't mind some sort of texture. It definitely is reminiscent of old-timey alphas, though. THAT is alpha people!! Sexy model on horribly stretched, low-res ground texture, lol.

To be honest, though, I still run WoW on Low settings because I simply don't care about them. I would like to see something maybe a little more high-res than this, but I don't need ultra-realistic. The biggest problem with ultra-realistic is that every little flaw jumps out at you. This could, literally, ruin the entire game for you, too. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I read the section on classes.
    I do like they are aiming for "what makes sense"however...
    They use the example of the Ogre not playing the Lute.I would have rather seen limitations on each race and what they can achieve instead of 100% restricting ideas.

I feel the idea of exploration can be further enhanced by allowing races to explore other cultures/lore and learn from them.
    I also hope to see them do a better job with skills.By that i mean a player picks up a sword for the first time,they should not be able to hit too often.It should be a passive learning trait and not some point number allotment system.I would also hope that skills are unlocked via the passive skill and not by your level.Reason if a level 50 player never having ever picked up an axe should not be able to achieve the highest skill with axe just because his level number says so.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I wonder how much they charge for the newsletter? $5? $10? Seems they want money for everything else...
  • boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Burntvet said:
    I wonder how much they charge for the newsletter? $5? $10? Seems they want money for everything else...
    Burntvet said:
    Do you have to have a paying subscription to post in the Pantheon forums?
    edited February 2017
    boojiboy said:
    Burntvet said:
    Burntvet said:
    Do you have to have a paying subscription to post in the Pantheon forums?
    Yes to POST it's 15$. newsletter? That is free for everyone and on the website. They want quality feedback (they monitor fan feedback at VR arguably more than any company in the world). They respond, daily, and have a podcast and article about how they've hired fans into the VR company itself because of their profound critique and skills. They don't want to sort through a bunch of posts from trolls and haters (they don't have time for that), so they made sure only people who care would be able to comment. This is also why there are so few comments in their official forums (a lot of people like myself just observe and don't comment there. the conversation is so constructive and respectful that there really isn't a need to make more comments people cover all the best points, with precision. I've still yet to make a single comment on the site because of this).

As far as the graphics, you can check out a bunch of other high res photos they have in game. It looks absolutely stunning; better than any other MMO on the market that I"ve seen.
    Wizardry said:
    I read the section on classes.
    I do like they are aiming for "what makes sense"however...
    They use the example of the Ogre not playing the Lute.I would have rather seen limitations on each race and what they can achieve instead of 100% restricting ideas.

I feel the idea of exploration can be further enhanced by allowing races to explore other cultures/lore and learn from them.
    I also hope to see them do a better job with skills.By that i mean a player picks up a sword for the first time,they should not be able to hit too often.It should be a passive learning trait and not some point number allotment system.I would also hope that skills are unlocked via the passive skill and not by your level.Reason if a level 50 player never having ever picked up an axe should not be able to achieve the highest skill with axe just because his level number says so.
    This aspect was huge in EQ and VG. Learning weapon skills takes a MASSIVE amount of time. When I was max level, it took me weeks to get my 1hb skill up with my ranger to where I could even use the item in groups. Wisdom and Intelligence of a race/character also influences how quickly you will learn and improve on these skills. And EQ hosted more "skills" to learn than any other game to date. From begging, to kicking, to learning like 20 different languages (yes you need to learn dragonspeak and certain things for quests which takes so long), ripostes, parrys, dodge, offense, defense; there are sooooo many skills in this game and it is all time consuming. This all just adds to the quality and reward you feel when you see someone able to wield everything, speak different languages, etc.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    BARD!
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    DMKano said:

Lol, that texture looks like low res shadows being cast on the ground.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    svann said:
    BARD!
      I wish but that's not gonna happen. Bards are still in the working it out stage. My guess we will see a Druid next live stream. 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Zuldan1 said:
    Yes to POST it's 15$. 
    Dude, seriously ? Why would you even suggest that ?

Just buy the game and its $100 once for two digital copies, plus beta access and a couple other priviledges. And you can post in the official forums to your hearts content.

You can get into higher tiers though and then the devs are more likely to listen to what you have to say.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Burntvet said:
    It's free, just like our Official Twitter, Official Facebook, Official Reddit, Official Instagram, Official Youtube, Official Twitch and Reading our Official forums, so feel free (ha!) to check them all out ;)

We charge a small fee to post on the official forums to help us out with development costs as it goes directly to supporting the team and the game while we are looking for further funding. Our angel investor and community have been awesome in helping us get this far and we are truly thankful, but you are not required to purchase anything or give us any money to read or interact on any platforms other than our official dev forums and that access comes included with all pledges.
    Kilsin said:
    Burntvet said:
    It's free, just like our Official Twitter, Official Facebook, Official Reddit, Official Instagram, Official Youtube, Official Twitch and Reading our Official forums, so feel free (ha!) to check them all out ;)

We charge a small fee to post on the official forums to help us out with development costs as it goes directly to supporting the team and the game while we are looking for further funding. Our angel investor and community have been awesome in helping us get this far and we are truly thankful, but you are not required to purchase anything or give us any money to read or interact on any platforms other than our official dev forums and that access comes included with all pledges.
    You can also read the official forums for free. 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    edited February 2017
    Nanfoodle said:
    svann said:
    BARD!
      I wish but that's not gonna happen. Bards are still in the working it out stage. My guess we will see a Druid next live stream. 

I was under the impression that bards were a "maybe sometime in the future".  Its good to see they are officially on the class chart.

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Bards are confirmed, they arent a maybe. So no worries there. Its just a question of by launch or shortly after at this point.

edited February 2017
    svann said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    svann said:
    BARD!

I was under the impression that bards were a "maybe sometime in the future".  Its good to see they are officially on the class chart.

In the last stream they said that Bards are still a very much working progress. So in that area they would have nothing to show. On the official forums they said the new class will be from the current 12 class on their class/race chart below that has yet to be seen in a stream. Excluding the Bard and Necromancer. 

• CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Summoner please. Its that or Wizard for me and a girl needs to know B) <3 :p
    Zuldan1 said:
    Yes to POST it's 15$. 
    Dude, seriously ? Why would you even suggest that ?

Just buy the game and its $100 once for two digital copies, plus beta access and a couple other priviledges. And you can post in the official forums to your hearts content.

You can get into higher tiers though and then the devs are more likely to listen to what you have to say.

Suggest what? That is how the forums work, and my argument was in defense of their system as I went on to explain; I'm in favor of it, and it has proven effective/high constructive. Just being objective and explained their system (which clearly no one has bashed in any way except for you so far). If he's aware it costs money to post, it would be implicit that he knows about pledging, too.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    edited February 2017
    You suggest we pay $15 a month for being able to post in the official forum.

Why not pay $100 ONCE and post in the official forum ever since ? Much, much cheaper in the long run.

Plus you get two game copies etc on top of it.
    You suggest we pay $15 a month for being able to post in the official forum.

Why not pay $100 ONCE and post in the official forum ever since ? Much, much cheaper in the long run.

Plus you get two game copies etc on top of it.
    Again I'm not sure where you're seeing I suggested anything. I was answering a question in its entirety.
  • Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Kilsin said:
    Burntvet said:

and I am equally grateful, your team isn't answering to one of the soulless big corporate "game" companies like Electronic Arts. Its one of the reasons I plan on playing this game. 
  • Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Burntvet said:

Burntvet said:

Burntvet said:

you could always go play EA or blizzard games, that are funded by their shareholders.  of course those games are made to please the shareholders and not the gamers.  you really couldn't connect those dots on your own ? 
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    DMKano said:
    Zuldan1 said:
    DMKano said:

You're either trolling or have very low standards.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:
    Zuldan1 said:
    DMKano said:

You're either trolling or have very low standards.

Well, DMKano doesn't like this mmo for some odd reason.  He's always subtle, never blunt.  He will never come right out with say so, that's his style.  In fact he adds that he plays EQ1 into the mix to pretend he's a supporter of old school games......But really he promotes Asian F2P games.....He just loves them.

He always seems to give little digs or just play the fence, but never something good.
    Post edited by delete5230 on