Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Valentines Day Free Fly Event (with multi-crew ship)

Comments

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Burntvet said:
    At this point, it is well beyond crowdfunding, into crowd-fleecing, and possibly into crowd-scamming. But then, it takes a non kool-aid drinker to acknowledge that.
    What the 5 - 6 of you that can't let it go? tbh rather join them and be drinking the kool-aid than drinking salt water and go on deluded rants in every thread

Free fly event? Hmm, lets see how I can spin this. Oh they're offering a discount? It must be a scam, I knew it, it's been 4 - 5 years now, but i've final proven this is a scam. Well done you beat the evil boss, who would have thought a free event and a discount could be a scam. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Herase said:

Burntvet said:
    At this point, it is well beyond crowdfunding, into crowd-fleecing, and possibly into crowd-scamming. But then, it takes a non kool-aid drinker to acknowledge that.
    What the 5 - 6 of you that can't let it go? tbh rather join them and be drinking the kool-aid than drinking salt water and go on deluded rants in every thread

Free fly event? Hmm, lets see how I can spin this. Oh they're offering a discount? It must be a scam, I knew it, it's been 4 - 5 years now, but i've final proven this is a scam. Well done you beat the evil boss, who would have thought a free event and a discount could be a scam. 
    Exactly... If anyone else is like me around here, I just read these threads to see what the FOTW nonsense will be, that's aimed to guilt others for being optimistic; rather than sour old crotchety know it alls, who seem terrified of anything that might go sour. It's game development anything can go south, I think we can all acknowledge that. 

To some of these people anything crowd-funded or EA is a scam. "Certain individuals" even treat the legit self funded companies as though they're scamming their fans..  

Sincerely, 
    Someone very happy to not be Burned and Cynical...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Burntvet said:
    The SC people have already said that they need to continue "fund raising" to keep development going, as they are, at least. After $140 mil, you'd think that was not the case. If it is not a scam, it is the worst project management in video game history. Give these people money before there is a finished product at this point? Only an ignorant moron would...

May be management isn't the best but it is the most ambitious and unique idea as of yet. Breaking the mold that has become stale over the years.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I suppose if you don't mind the promise being broken, ignored, dragged into the light kicking and screaming, broken again, and then thrown at the backers as a shell of what it once was then good on you ;)
    Care to name those broken promises that are NOT related to an extended development timeline ?
    (we ALL know by now that they take longer than some people expected, even themselves .. however, they are approximately in the timeline i expected and predicted at the beginning of this crowdfunding campaign)

And I know you will say "cooperative gameplay" - to which I say: it will still be in there. Once you have finished a SQ42 solo story mission, you can play it in cooperative gameplay with your friends. Maybe some people expected something different - cooperative gameplay means different things to different people.

Funny that you talk about things being a shell ... this is an Alpha, not the fully developed and released game. Alpha means things are neither complete nor fixed nor finished nor polished.  We all have seen the large steps forward that CIG has taken in the last year.

Be patient, young padawan ... anger leads to the dark side...

Have fun
    Don't need to rehash the broken promises cause they have been put on this forum plenty of times and in great detail.

Im well aware this is an alpha and have played actual alphas and from what I see looking in from the outside it looks like this is a shell of an alpha as well. That's my opinion of course.

Be patient for what? I have no money invested and don't plan on buying the game ever even if it turns out to change the face of gaming forever. I'm here for the ride posting my opinions and having fun watching the drama unfold.

I've been making popcorn since day 1 waiting for either the game to crash and burn and I can bottle the fans tears or the game releases to great fanfare and I can bottle the critics tears. Either way profit!
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I suppose if you don't mind the promise being broken, ignored, dragged into the light kicking and screaming, broken again, and then thrown at the backers as a shell of what it once was then good on you ;)
    Care to name those broken promises that are NOT related to an extended development timeline ?
    (we ALL know by now that they take longer than some people expected, even themselves .. however, they are approximately in the timeline i expected and predicted at the beginning of this crowdfunding campaign)

And I know you will say "cooperative gameplay" - to which I say: it will still be in there. Once you have finished a SQ42 solo story mission, you can play it in cooperative gameplay with your friends. Maybe some people expected something different - cooperative gameplay means different things to different people.

Funny that you talk about things being a shell ... this is an Alpha, not the fully developed and released game. Alpha means things are neither complete nor fixed nor finished nor polished.  We all have seen the large steps forward that CIG has taken in the last year.

Have fun
    Don't need to rehash the broken promises cause they have been put on this forum plenty of times and in great detail.

Im well aware this is an alpha and have played actual alphas and from what I see looking in from the outside it looks like this is a shell of an alpha as well. That's my opinion of course.

Be patient for what? I have no money invested and don't plan on buying the game ever even if it turns out to change the face of gaming forever. I'm here for the ride posting my opinions and having fun watching the drama unfold.

I've been making popcorn since day 1 waiting for either the game to crash and burn and I can bottle the fans tears or the game releases to great fanfare and I can bottle the critics tears. Either way profit!

Well at least you're admitting this. I wish others would do the same. It'd save me the time of trying to write an intelligent, logical response. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun

Well at least you're admitting this. I wish others would do the same. It'd save me the time of trying to write an intelligent, logical response. 
    If anything I'm honest :)
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    The elements that make SC look like a scam are:

We have enough funding / we dont have enough funding
    Selling stuff that may never be implemented for hundreds of real dollars 
    Appalling delivery record. The money is running out and they have a tiny tech demo after 5 years
    Feeding the grey market with giftable ships and purchasable credits. They created the grey market.
    Nepotism, porsches and mansions
    Multi layered companies, 14+ of them
    Lying about progress and release dates
    Sales sales sales

It looks really bad from the outside. Where is this amazing game?
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Just heads up when buying the 2-Ship Valentins packages, they are one package and cannot be gifted seperatly (you'll end up with 2 of the same in the end)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Appalling delivery record. The money is running out and they have a tiny tech demo after 5 years
    Feeding the grey market with giftable ships and purchasable credits. They created the grey market.
    Nepotism, porsches and mansions
    Sales sales sales

It looks really bad from the outside. Where is this amazing game?
    Someone else is making it probably. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2017
    Distopia said:
    Exactly... If anyone else is like me around here, I just read these threads to see what the FOTW nonsense will be, that's aimed to guilt others for being optimistic;
    Yup, morbid curiosity, when I'm bored at work it's cheap entertainment so it's cool. The more extreme this gets the more people will realize the gap with reality. Doesn't compare to the crazy times though, those were O-M-G.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Azoth said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    There's always that need to hate on SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!
    Otherwise, well, your life becomes meaningless. xD

There's always that need to defend SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!
    To me, defending something I love is always a lot more fulfilling than attacking something I hate.
    That's what happens when you are a Jedi, if a Sith not so much.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Azoth said:
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    There's always that need to hate on SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!

There's always that need to defend SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!
    To me, defending something I love is always a lot more fulfilling than attacking something I hate.
    That's what happens when you are a Jedi, if a Sith not so much.
    What happens if you attack something that you feel nothing about? Or if this is like SW:TOR and you can go dark side as a Jedi?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited February 2017

--> He says they have enough funding, but they wont say no to more money. What UNUSUAL behaviour.

--> Please give an example.  CIG said that maybe not everything will be done come launch day (like the Endeavor science ship) but everything will definitely be included.

Appalling delivery record.
    --> Bad prediction skills for delivery dates. That one is a generally acknowledged fact. In my personal opinion they were too optimistic. See my old personal prediction from the start of the project  (--> end of 2017). 

The money is running out

--> Please present any facts for that claim. And I do not mean the ranting of a jealous madman rival developer (according to his predictions the SC development money has run out 1.5 years ago).

and they have a tiny tech demo after 5 years

--> That is your personal opinion. And still .... thousands of people join that crowdfunding project every week to play that "tiny tech demo" ... and millions of player hours have been logged playing that "tiny tech demo". That is much more than your average released game from the tenthousands of games out there!

--> They killed the grey market once they became aware of it. By re-releasing "unique" ships that some people tried to re-sell ("gift") to others for 2-4 times the normal price. Some of the more spectacular "refund" stories of multi-thousand-dollar backers leaving the project come from such leeches that try to cut their losses.

Nepotism,
    --> You mean hiring his brother, who is an acclaimed developer himself? Who has successfully created a whole series of (Lego) games that sold well. And who has developed (alone and together with his brother) some milestones of the space sim genre?

--> You mean hiring some personal friends and (almost) unknown actors like Mark Hamill?

--> You mean hiring his wife, who was one of the marketing masterminds behind the most successful crowdfunding project ever (any genre) ?

--> You mean hiring some developer giants like Tony Zurovec ? Or some of the best CryEngine engineers there are - those that developed the engine in the first place ?

porsches
    --> That Porsche story is 10 years old. Long before this project. And it was a bet.

and mansions

--> Hey. A multi-millionaire even before this project started  has a nice place to live in for years. Who would have thought ?

--> So he and his partner are smart ;-)   They take advantage of tax incentives in different countries. He has four studios in three countries on two continents. THAT surprises you ?

--> Like all the rest of the video game industry ! 

Sales sales sales

--> You say it like that is a bad thing. Selling a product is usually the thing that companies do.

It looks really bad from the outside.

--> Maybe to you. Obviously not to the thousands of new backers that join every week.

Where is this amazing game?

--> In development. And this takes time. Patience, young padawan, patience.

--> Have fun

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited February 2017
    Is it wrong that some people find the way CIG conduct themselves objectionable? Some of the stuff we fight over is plain stupid, everyone's aware of that but some of it is very applicable and it's sad to see people defending crap like that purely because they like what the game purports to be.

Let's not forget that CIG were the ones who put themselves on that pedestal as being the saviours of PC gaming, the anti-publisher, anti-montisation, anti-P2W, the company of unicorns and rainbows etc, anyone remember this? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge
    And look at them, they are practically doing everything they set themselves as being against.

If they can't live up to their lofty declarations or walk back on things they unequivocally stated then they deserve to be called out on it. No amount of deflection, whining or puling is going to change that and it's sad to see customers sticking up for a company who behaves in that manner instead of sticking up for fellow customers.

Sure, the project has been successful financially but at what cost? Look at the reputation this game has, the reputation the company and its fans have. I've never seen anything get mocked so mercilessly and the majority of it they have brought upon themselves.

>>> Look at the reputation this game has >>>

According to the international gaming press ... a very good reputation.

Have fun
    Sod the gaming press, they push anything that gets eyes on their website. I'm talking about gamers in general.

Personally I think it's a shame because all of this could have been handled so much better.
    Erillion said:

1) We have enough funding / we dont have enough funding
    --> He says they have enough funding, but they wont say no to more money. What UNUSUAL behaviour.

2) Selling stuff that may never be implemented for hundreds of real dollars
    --> Please give an example.  CIG said that maybe not everything will be done come launch day (like the Endeavor science ship) but everything will definitely be included.

3) Appalling delivery record.
    --> Bad prediction skills for delivery dates. That one is a generally acknowledged fact. In my personal opinion they were too optimistic. See my old personal prediction from the start of the project  (--> end of 2017). 

4) The money is running out

--> Please present any facts for that claim. And I do not mean the ranting of a jealous madman rival developer (according to his predictions the SC development money has run out 1.5 years ago).

5) and they have a tiny tech demo after 5 years

--> That is your personal opinion. And still .... thousands of people join that crowdfunding project every week to play that "tiny tech demo" ... and millions of player hours have been logged playing that "tiny tech demo". That is much more than your average released game from the tenthousands of games out there!

6) Feeding the grey market with giftable ships and purchasable credits. They created the grey market.
    --> They killed the grey market once they became aware of it. By re-releasing "unique" ships that some people tried to re-sell ("gift") to others for 2-4 times the normal price. Some of the more spectacular "refund" stories of multi-thousand-dollar backers leaving the project come from such leeches that try to cut their losses.

7) Nepotism,
    --> You mean hiring his brother, who is an acclaimed developer himself? Who has successfully created a whole series of (Lego) games that sold well. And who has developed (alone and together with his brother) some milestones of the space sim genre?

--> You mean hiring some personal friends and (almost) unknown actors like Mark Hamill?

--> You mean hiring his wife, who was one of the marketing masterminds behind the most successful crowdfunding project ever (any genre) ?

--> You mean hiring some developer giants like Tony Zurovec ? Or some of the best CryEngine engineers there are - those that developed the engine in the first place ?

8) porsches
    --> That Porsche story is 10 years old. Long before this project. And it was a bet.

9) and mansions

--> Hey. A multi-millionaire even before this project started  has a nice place to live in for years. Who would have thought ?

10) Multi layered companies, 14+ of them
    --> So he and his partner are smart ;-)   They take advantage of tax incentives in different countries. He has four studios in three countries on two continents. THAT surprises you ?

11) Lying about progress and release dates

--> Like all the rest of the video game industry ! 

12) Sales sales sales

--> You say it like that is a bad thing. Selling a product is usually the thing that companies do.

13)It looks really bad from the outside.

--> Maybe to you. Obviously not to the thousands of new backers that join every week.

14) Where is this amazing game?

--> In development. And this takes time. Patience, young padawan, patience.

--> Have fun

Christ I cant type in there or it would become a mess so I've added handy numbers

1) Actually they say they don't have enough funding. According to CIG they only have enough to finish SQ42 if funds dried up now.

2) Everything will be included? You're from the future and can tell us that with 100% certainty?

3) Well we can agree on that but I wouldn't say bad I would say toddler level of prediction skills.

4) As long as whales keep whaling then they are good. If not they will be screwed if SQ42 isn't a huge success cause they wont be able to finish the PU

5) I'm not sure why you keep bringing up millions of hours played? That doesn't change the fact that the game is still tiny compared to what Christ Roberts is promising and still in pre pre alpha (tech demo).

6) I doubt they sat around and thought "lets kill the grey market by releasing ships we promised not to release again" it was probably along the lines of "holy shit people will buy anything as long as you tell them its limited edition! lets release the limited edition ship over and over so we can get as much cash as possible"

7) Erin might have games under his belt but so do plenty of other devs out there. Hiring Erin sure you can say he has experience but then hiring your wife? It starts to creep into nepotism at this point. Not sure why you mention cryengine devs since I doubt they are family or friends so not sure you understand nepotism.

8) Don't know, don't care

9) See 8

10) Don't they have something like 14 businesses registered in the UK alone or something along those lines(maybe it includes the US) I'm not a business major so no idea why they have that many damn companies.

11) Really? See theres missing dates which many devs will inform people whats going on and give you a updated timetable that could change again depending on whats happening. Then theres CIG who promises that its just around the corner or only a few weeks away and then nothing materializes or its late by weeks/months/years without any concrete answer as to whats going on.

12) Sales are great but how about you finish the shit you promised first before you start introducing even more work that is now heaped on top of the massive backlog you already have.

13) Theres more then just 1 person who think it looks bad from the outside.

14) In dev hell you probably mean. Taking time is fine. Dragging your feet because your backers keep throwing money at you for empty promises is another thing though.
    Sod the gaming press, they push anything that gets eyes on their website. I'm talking about gamers in general.

Personally I think it's a shame because all of this could have been handled so much better.

Lets  about gamers ;-)

The reputation of Star Citizen is so "bad" that every week thousands of new backers join the project. And it has 1.7+ million registered fans on its website. Many of them are also paying backers.

Really really "bad" reputation then  ;-)

Have fun

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:

Lets  about gamers ;-)

The reputation of Star Citizen is so "bad" that every week thousands of new backers join the project. And it has 1.7+ million registered fans on its website. Many of them are also paying backers.

Have fun

1.7 registered users, not fans.  Over 6 years.
    For the most crowdfunded game in history that's been blasted constantly all over gaming social hubs by people like you.

If you're happy enough by that number to brag about it then cool.

:)

..Cake..

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kefo said:

Christ I cant type in there or it would become a mess so I've added handy numbers

1) Actually they say they don't have enough funding. According to CIG they only have enough to finish SQ42 if funds dried up now.

--- Projected sales of which would enable them to complete the game. Without having to resort to alternative methods of funding. 

2) Everything will be included? You're from the future and can tell us that with 100% certainty?

--- True - about people saying it will never happen as well. However stuff on the list is getting done; not as guaranteed as predicting the sun will rise tomorrow admittedly (no time machine so it may not) but it is happening, the team is in place, funding is there. So the "balance of the available evidence" suggests it will.

4) As long as whales keep whaling then they are good. If not they will be screwed if SQ42 isn't a huge success cause they wont be able to finish the PU

--- Whales are not driving the funding though. When it started - maybe. Today amount raised divided by (financial) backers says otherwise. 

5) I'm not sure why you keep bringing up millions of hours played? That doesn't change the fact that the game is still tiny compared to what Christ Roberts is promising and still in pre pre alpha (tech demo).

--- Probably because people kept going on about there being no game / no devs / its all a scam / islands being purchased and other rubbish. 

6) I doubt they sat around and thought "lets kill the grey market by releasing ships we promised not to release again" it was probably along the lines of "holy shit people will buy anything as long as you tell them its limited edition! lets release the limited edition ship over and over so we can get as much cash as possible"

---- Backers supported the new ships. And many are "different" akin to classes in some other games in many ways. Like classes in CU say.

7) Erin might have games under his belt but so do plenty of other devs out there. Hiring Erin sure you can say he has experience but then hiring your wife? It starts to creep into nepotism at this point. Not sure why you mention cryengine devs since I doubt they are family or friends so not sure you understand nepotism.

--- Nepotism is easy to understand. RSI is a family business though not a public company. However if Erin and CR's wife were not qualified for the jobs they are doing then the charge could be made. They are though. And it makes makes more sense to have them. Other devs? Would they have given up the jobs they had and gone to work on a fledgling Kickstarter? And worked for nothing if it came to it? House on the line type stuff if it had (still may!) comes to it? And how would it be spun if they were not working with him: "clearly doomed, his brother and wife won't even work with him even though they are qualified".  

10) Don't they have something like 14 businesses registered in the UK alone or something along those lines(maybe it includes the US) I'm not a business major so no idea why they have that many damn companies.

--- Financial regulations and tax laws in different countries coupled with stuff like Data Protection regulations that are treated differently in the US vs. EU. One US and one EU is the absolute minimum. Pick any large company that operates either side and its the same and often a lot higher. 2 is the absolute bare minimum; a company like Amazon has a lot more.

11) Really? See theres missing dates which many devs will inform people whats going on and give you a updated timetable that could change again depending on whats happening. Then theres CIG who promises that its just around the corner or only a few weeks away and then nothing materializes or its late by weeks/months/years without any concrete answer as to whats going on.

--- Most established company developments only give out no dates when they want to. And sometimes they mean absolutely nothing as well.

12) Sales are great but how about you finish the shit you promised first before you start introducing even more work that is now heaped on top of the massive backlog you already have.

--- The early backers voted to go with the more stuff. New additions were subsequently stopped.  

---- Unsubstantiated either way. Amazon coming on board however suggests it can't be toxic. And the game is still being funded - although as it stands it must be getting close to "pre-ordering" now.

14) In dev hell you probably mean. Taking time is fine. Dragging your feet because your backers keep throwing money at you for empty promises is another thing though.

--- What evidence do you have though. You are implying suggesting that a large workforce has been told to go slow or do stuff that isn't needed all of which has escaped the games "detractors". Not that many months ago the comments were "they can never, ever make stuff happen". Could have simply been misguided comments of course since - if your suggestion is right - this stuff was really very, very easy. It can't be both "impossible" and "so easy they are having to work slow to drag things out". At the end of the day the question should be about how the alpha is progressing. For some though that would mean admitting there is a game, there is a team, its not islands, there is code, its not just jpegs. Perhaps that pill is to bitter to swallow.
    edited February 2017
    Erillion said:

Lets  about gamers ;-)

Have fun

That's great but it doesn't change the common perception. It's widely considered to have a toxic userbase, it's widely considered to be some sort of pyramid scheme, it's widely considered to be P2W, it's widely considered to have grown beyond feasibilty and so on.

All I'm saying is that they could have largely avoided this with some better forethought.

>>>>>>

---> The chance that funds dry up NOW is almost Nil. Money is coming is as it has always done and there is no recognizable trend that this will slow down. In fact, 2016 was the best year in the campaign ever.
    --> So - unless something COMPLETELY changes - prospects for adequate funding (even without SQ42 sales) look good.

--> None of the features have been announced as "cut/will not come" so far. THAT is a verifiable fact and one does not have to be from the future to verify that.

---> Whales do not drive the funding ... you can check that out here:

--> Yes, the Alpha so far is tiny to what the complete Persistent Universe will be. But it is already larger and more complex than many fully launched games out there. And it has also less bugs than many fully launched games out ther ;-)

---> You may doubt. I have a different view on the destruction of the Grey/black market by CIG. I consider it a good thing.

---> Why not hire his wife if she is darn good at what she is doing ? If its good enough for world records, that is good enough for me.
    --> Hiring Erin IMHO was an EXCELLENT idea. Chris Roberts is MUCH better when he works together with his brother. On top of that he has the skills, the experience, the good reputation. And as his brother his has the trust - important in a privately owned company.  You call it nepotism, I call it a smart choice based on - again - verifiable facts.   

---> Thats 14 companies worldwide, not the UK alone. Get your facts straight. Poor Smarty has blasted that list all over the Internet by now - it should be easy for you to find that list.
    --> In the UK it helps them get a major tax break. The EU has reduced-tax programs for new businesses for the first year and/or first three years, so it makes sense to start new businesses to take advantage of that. In the USA to my knowledge the Austin location also has some major tax incentive programs for gaming companies.

--> Most Publishers give no dates whatsoever.

--> CIG gives you Access to their Project Management timetable online !

---> The last promised feature was added 2+ years ago. Nothing new has been added to that list since then. So - what "more work heaped on top" are you referring to ?

--> Oh great. Out of almost 2 Million people there is more than 1 person that thinks it looks bad? How could CIG EVER let THAT happen ?!   LOL

--> By definition you NEVER can make all 100 % of people happy 100 % of the time, if the things that make them happy are often mutually exclusive.

--> That may be your opinion. No gaming journalist that visited any CIG Studio accused the devs of "dragging their feet". To the contrary - they report that they have seen devs hard at work and very dedicated to their work. An impression i have too from meeting some devs at conventions.

--> Have fun

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Erillion said:

Lets  about gamers ;-)

Have fun

That's great but it doesn't change the common perception. It's widely considered to have a toxic userbase, it's widely considered to be some sort of pyramid scheme, it's widely considered to be P2W, it's widely considered to have grown beyond feasibilty and so on.

All I'm saying is that they could have largely avoided this with some better forethought.

"It is widely considered to have ... "

Based on what FACTS ?!  What is your SOURCE for that statement ?

Your OPINION  is not the same as verifiable facts.  Do not make the mistake to equate your opinion with what all the others are thinking.

Yes ... with hindsight 2020 CIG could have done some things better. If you have read the translation of the recent GameStar articles, Chris Roberts agrees with that statement in public.

Have fun

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:

--> Yes, the Alpha so far is tiny to what the complete Persistent Universe will be. But it is already larger and more complex than many fully launched games out there. And it has also less bugs than many fully launched games out ther ;-) 
    What do you mean by larger? Could you name a few games that are smaller than the SC alpha? Could you name some released games that have more bugs than the SC alpha?

..Cake..

Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Lets  about gamers ;-)

Have fun

"It is widely considered to have ... "

Based on what FACTS ?!  What is your SOURCE for that statement ?

Your OPINION  is not the same as verifiable facts.  Do not make the mistake to equate your opinion with what all the others are thinking.

Yes ... with hindsight 2020 CIG could have done some things better. If you have read the translation of the recent GameStar articles, Chris Roberts agrees with that statement in public.

Have fun

It is opinion, there is no factual source. I read a lot of content regarding Star Citizen and I look at the general opinion that surrounds it outside of areas dedicated to the game. I'm not one for hyperbole and despite what you might think I am not against Star Citizen so I don't have some agenda to play, I am against some of CIG's practices however and I am against fans that support those practices especially when they are anti-consumer.

It's silly to demand facts and sources while using something like 1.7 million accounts as a metric for the game's popularity because what does that actually represent? 
    It doesn't tell you how many still log on the forums, how often they log on there, how many download the game, how long they play for, how many contribute financially and so on.

>Yes ... with hindsight 2020 CIG could have done some things better. If you have read the translation of the recent GameStar articles, Chris Roberts agrees with that statement in public.

Hopefully they apply this reasoning as the project continues, it would also be nice if they were a bit more upfront about things as well, 3.0, Sq42 etc.
This discussion has been closed.