Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF fantasy mmo or RPG with freedom like EVE...

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Are there any fantasy mmo's or rpg where you can customize your character build / skills like Eve?

I remember the original Star Wars used to have it - any other game doing it?

Thanks!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited January 2017
    Several in the KS pipeline, and perhaps New World on the AAA front, but none are on the near horizon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2017
    EVE and SWG have nothing in common, however if you want just character customization, I guess there are quite a few out there, PoE comes to my mind...
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Crowfall is going to be very similar in terms of progression.  Not released yet but you could buy early access if you're really hard-up for it.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall Rise of Agon... or Darkfall New Dawn.. best game out there right now! In beta now, but will be released soon. I recommend playing it now though to get familiar and ready for launch!!

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647
    Nope.
  • RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Darkfall Rise of Agon... or Darkfall New Dawn.. best game out there right now! In beta now, but will be released soon. I recommend playing it now though to get familiar and ready for launch!!

1. I don't understand the differences between the 2 games...

And I have tried Darkfall's previous games - hated them.

2. How are these better?

Thanks!

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Project Gorgon probably comes the closet atm

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2017
    The closest thing I'd suggest to EVE would be Survival titles, although character building is extremely different, you have the freedom to do what you want, with the same type of open environment ripe for clan to clan war/politics. Life is Feudal would be the closest to that that I've played. (basing that off the community)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I tried Eve and couldn't stand it. I don't get what the draw is at all.

Not interested in a Fantasy based game that is like that - too many griefers.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited February 2017
    botrytis said:
    I tried Eve and couldn't stand it. I don't get what the draw is at all.

Not interested in a Fantasy based game that is like that - too many griefers.
    Some folks enjoy caviar as a delicacy, others see it as bad tasting, salty fish eggs.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

1. I don't understand the differences between the 2 games...

And I have tried Darkfall's previous games - hated them.

2. How are these better?

Thanks!

Depends on when you played the other games... lots of changes really but still Darkfall when it comes down to it.

If you HATED them than may not be your cup of tea.

I am beta testing both games right now and they both have come a long way, especially if you haven't played since 2009 or whatever. In comparison, the original game was broken when it was released.

Whenever a new patch comes for each game, many changes come with it... quite a few new additions that make the gameplay much better. The biggest improvement so far is the UI and looting. They have done some simply fixes for some huge serious issues that I previously had with the game... like the time it took to loot and sort things in the bank, etc. The new way of leveling up is pretty cool too. Every patch has quite a bit of new stuff every time. It will be fun to see how this plays out.

New Dawn is more focused on localized banking than Rise of Agon.. and will probably take more time to develop.... but seems to be much more hardcore because there is no bindstone recall either, etc. So long as the game had a decent population, it would work, but seems Rise of Agon has a bigger chance of retaining population but that is just a hunch.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Aori said:
    There is no fantasy version of EvE right now.
    Even the company that made Eve couldnt make a fantasy version of it
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    edited March 2017
    Legends of Aria ( previously known as Shards )

i think it is probably one of the most exciting mmo to come, and the best part is, they are now a full MMORPG where thousands or million player can play together rather than small multiple server that only fits 64-128 players.

LoA will have a complete freedom, like really freedom freedom, you almost craft everything, open world housing, taming, spell crafting etc. you can actually find a skill inside a dungeon from a Tome, you can even change how the world looks, think of this as the modern UO, but maybe better mechanics, graphics and features.

it might come out this year because it's early access soon on Steam ( though im not sure when, it could be Q2, Q3 likely )

i played this game a few times in the past, but since the are so many players scattered all over the shards, it's hard to play group or find friends, but with the full MMORPG server, this game will be super fun. and i hope so myself because i really would like to love this game, i am trying to move away from all AAA mmo, it always dissapoint me.

www.legendsofaria.com

So What Now?