Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Valentines Day Free Fly Event (with multi-crew ship)

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited February 2017 in Star Citizen

Star Citizen is having another free fly event - this time for Valentines Day.  This time you can try out the multi-crew Constellation (great ship ... i am biased ... that is the ship i have ;-) )

They also have reduced the cost of the starter crowdfunding pledge packages (Aurora and Mustang) by 20 $ down to 35 $.

"......We’re also giving you (and your loved ones) the opportunity to try Star Citizen for free! Just click HERE, use the code SHARETHELOVE and you’ll receive access to a multi-crew Constellation Andromeda to test fly through Sunday, February 20th. Ready to bring a friend to Arena Commander, Star Marine, Crusader and beyond? A limited number of discount starter packages are also available below. ...."

Have fun

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    And I said
    Cash in!
    Cash in now honey
    Cash in now
    Cash in now
    Cash in now honey
    Cash in miss smith
    Cash in now!

Ain't no shame with these CIG geezers.

NB Lyrics from Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction.

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited February 2017
    Shame in what? The consumers want it. CIG provides it. It's called business... [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited February 2017
    Shame in what? The consumers want it. CIG provides it. It's called business... [mod edit]
    The fans want an update on Squadron 42 and patch 3.0 far more than they want yet another stupid cash in sale, they don't get that do they....
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited February 2017
    The fans want an update on Squadron 42 and patch 3.0 far more than they want yet another stupid cash in sale, they don't get that do they....
    Because those you whip up on a slow afternoon... 

A free fly weekend otoh... that you can whip up. 
    Post edited by Vaross on

This have been a good conversation

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Well, sales is a good sign.  Maybe it's drying up and they'll be forced to work on the game instead of elaborate commercials for ships.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited February 2017

The legitimacy of that claim is up for debate, and is debated frequently. That being said, I'm definitely wanting to hear more about SQ42 as that's mostly what I'm interested in. They got mention in the most recent newsletter, but probably less coverage than the baking competition. That being said, I think we've established that RSI has been poor at estimating, to say the least, so I'm not sure what the rush is to get them to give some sort of an updated estimate. What? So the whining and crying can ensue? 2.6.1 is on PTU, so I'm assuming we'll get 3.0 information once 2.6.1 is live. Maybe some SQ42, maybe. 
    Post edited by Vaross on

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
     they don't get that do they....
    Actually they do.

Not as quick as some hope, but so far CIG keeps delivering more and more of what they promised.

Have fun
     they'll be forced to work on the game instead of elaborate commercials for ships.
    How long ago have they created the last ship commercial  ?

Approx 2 years ?

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
     they don't get that do they....
    Actually they do.

Not as quick as some hope, but so far CIG keeps delivering more and more of what they promised.

Have fun
    I suppose if you don't mind the promise being broken, ignored, dragged into the light kicking and screaming, broken again, and then thrown at the backers as a shell of what it once was then good on you ;)
    Kefo said:
    I suppose if you don't mind the promise being broken, ignored, dragged into the light kicking and screaming, broken again, and then thrown at the backers as a shell of what it once was then good on you ;)
    Care to name those broken promises that are NOT related to an extended development timeline ?
    (we ALL know by now that they take longer than some people expected, even themselves .. however, they are approximately in the timeline i expected and predicted at the beginning of this crowdfunding campaign)

And I know you will say "cooperative gameplay" - to which I say: it will still be in there. Once you have finished a SQ42 solo story mission, you can play it in cooperative gameplay with your friends. Maybe some people expected something different - cooperative gameplay means different things to different people.

Funny that you talk about things being a shell ... this is an Alpha, not the fully developed and released game. Alpha means things are neither complete nor fixed nor finished nor polished.  We all have seen the large steps forward that CIG has taken in the last year.

Be patient, young padawan ... anger leads to the dark side...

Have fun
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited February 2017
    The SC people have already said that they need to continue "fund raising" to keep development going, as they are, at least. After $140 mil, you'd think that was not the case. If it is not a scam, it is the worst project management in video game history. Give these people money before there is a finished product at this point? Only an ignorant moron would...
    Burntvet said:
    The SC people have already said that they need to continue "fund raising" to keep development going, as they are, at least. After $140 mil, you'd think that was not the case. If it is not a scam, it is the worst project management in video game history. Give these people money before there is a finished product at this point? Only an ignorant moron would...

>>> Give these people money before there is a finished product  >>>

Giving people money before a finished product is the very POINT of a crowdfunding campaign.   ;-)

Have fun
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Erillion said:
    Burntvet said:

Giving people money before a finished product is the very POINT of a crowdfunding campaign.   ;-)

Have fun
    At this point, it is well beyond crowdfunding, into crowd-fleecing, and possibly into crowd-scamming. But then, it takes a non kool-aid drinker to acknowledge that.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I am so sick and tried of SC- those lechers keep leeching money and the poor supporters keep throwing money at them! Sham on you SC- Shame on you..

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Burntvet said:
    Erillion said:
    Burntvet said:

Have fun
    At this point, it is well beyond crowdfunding, into crowd-fleecing, and possibly into crowd-scamming. But then, it takes a non kool-aid drinker to acknowledge that.

Can you give me ANY evidence that this crowdfunding campaign is a scam ?

W.r.t. crowd-"fleecing" ... last time I looked no one was holding a gun to my head to make me pay more than i wanted. I have one ship, one account ... since the start of the campaign.

I am a SC subscriber (which means I voluntarily pay extra for extensive community videos and content) - but i feel well compensated with those videos and the newsletter with its articles, art and short stories. For others, their mileage may vary ... but again ... its entirely voluntary and it gives no in game benefits that would make me "better" than other players.

Have fun

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Look! Everyone just relax and enjoy the love on Valentine day. You can start by giving the God King Chris Roberts more wonga. 

But on top of all this he wants you to all just 'have fun' 

Have fun. 

Mensur said:
    I am so sick and tried of SC- those lechers keep leeching money and the poor supporters keep throwing money at them! Sham on you SC- Shame on you..

You might want to add Harebrained, inXile, Descendent Studios etc. to your "shame" list, because most studios involved in crowdfunding these days have extended their crowdfunding campaign until the day their games launch. 

Why does CIG make you "sick" and the other studios with their projects do not ?

Have fun

Look! Everyone just relax and enjoy the love on Valentine day. You can start by giving the God King Chris Roberts more wonga. 

But on top of all this he wants you to all just 'have fun' 

Have fun. 

"....give more wonga...."

What part of "FREE" in "free fly event" was hard to understand ?

Have fun

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Bleh I missed it.  Wanted to check it out at least.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:

It is ongoing (until Sunday 20th) - so you did not miss it.

Have fun

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Erillion said:
    filmoret said:

It is ongoing (until Sunday 20th) - so you did not miss it.

Have fun

Hmm, interesting, I wonder, maybe....
    Naw, can't drink the kool-aid, I enjoy "haterade" too much.  ;)

What the heck is fun?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2017
    There's always that need to hate on SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!
    Otherwise, well, your life becomes meaningless. xD

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:
    There's always that need to hate on SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!

There's always that need to defend SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    sgel said:
    There's always that need to defend SC just a bit more, on every thread, no exceptions!
    YUS; we defy existence in here. ;)
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:

To me, defending something I love is always a lot more fulfilling than attacking something I hate.
This discussion has been closed.