Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Become The Pathfinder - 6 Recruits Headed to Astronaut Training - Mass Effect: Andromeda Videos - MM

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBecome The Pathfinder - 6 Recruits Headed to Astronaut Training - Mass Effect: Andromeda Videos - MMORPG.com

Electronic Arts has announced that six influential YouTubers have been chosen to head to the European Space Agency as part of the Mass Effect: Andromeda hype machine. These intrepid folks will be participating in training sessions to discover what it is to be an interstellar explorer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    never heard of any of these "influential YouTubers"

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• BeefFandangoBeefFandango Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I think one of them once stole my shoe at a house party.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It really is sad because you can do the honest thing and offer it up to anyone but this is nothing more than bringing on board some influential ADVERTISING.
    I also feel they stayed away from some of the bigger names to avoid the FTC because it was one of the bigger names that got busted,i think was pewdeepie along with Warner brothers paying him to endorse their product.
    I am not sure where this falls under legal terms but it is still real shotty work imo.

I have actually eluded to streamers driving the market on several occasions and this reaffirms it.

I am a firm believer that you represent your product via the product and NOT via advertising or paying others to endorse your product,that is why we have had new laws pop up over the last 10 years because businesses are becoming more dubious by the minute.

Ever wonder why these businesses have so many lawyers,well to exploit the law ,find every angle possible.Not that most did not already know how corrupt EA is when they were sued years ago for ripping off their employees AND the government because tons of taxes were avoided at the same time.However you can bet their lawyers got them covered this time,i bet they are still exploiting their employees for the same reason they did so before,they NEED a job and will allow themselves to be exploited again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    As far as publicity stunts go, this one at least fits the product.

Too bad their training will be for naught because the Mass Effect games use that staple scifi convention, magical artificial gravity :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Not what I was expecting... and I don't care how 'infuential' these YouTubers supposedly are, actually game footage and details would speak 1000x louder than this sort of pointless stunt... well, unless you have something to hide, or nothing to show :/

Still cautiously optimistic for ME:A, but if the marketing team had wanted to ring all the 'dodgy cash-in on a big name' alarm bells I don't think they could have done a better job.
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Catering to streamers and youtubers has become commonplace, free marketing speaks volumes, regardless of how biased and absurd the practice is.