Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: THE MOST WANTED MMO OF 2017, did you or want to pledge now?

12346»

Comments

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    I pledged just before they changed the perks to remove alpha. Why? First and foremost its one of the few developers that see what has gone wrong with MMO's (or gaming in general) over the last decade and is looking to change it. Second, out of those with similar philosophies, its the only one that doesnt have some odd gimmick attached like "aging" or promising all these dynamic epic worlds that frankly Id be skeptical of a huge studio producing, much less a startup with kickstarter style funds. Third, theyve shown a lot of progress, are being pretty open about development, things are actually happening, and while there is still a chance the whole thing will go belly up before release (or totally suck) it doesnt seem like theyre making promises they cant keep.

I wanted to wait a little more but /shrug ... never participated in these public funding projects and I didnt want to miss out on alpha waiting to do something I was probably going to do eventually anyway.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I really want to pledge because I think Pantheon has more potential than anything on the horizon, but it's all a timing thing for me.  I'm also interested in Crowfall and Camelot Unchained and with no hard dates for anything it's hard to commit.  If one game comes before the others and my friends and I are having a great time with that game, we may put Pantheon on the backburner for a while depending on the situation.  Once Pantheon releases a date where nothing will be wiped from that point on, I'll be much likely to pledge.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    maybe after released if CU failed
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I really want to pledge because I think Pantheon has more potential than anything on the horizon, but it's all a timing thing for me.  I'm also interested in Crowfall and Camelot Unchained and with no hard dates for anything it's hard to commit.  If one game comes before the others and my friends and I are having a great time with that game, we may put Pantheon on the backburner for a while depending on the situation.  Once Pantheon releases a date where nothing will be wiped from that point on, I'll be much likely to pledge.
    The servers will be wiped before launch. Pantheon is doing normal testing, not early access.

• DravendoreDravendore Member UncommonPosts: 80
    edited February 2017
    I've been following this game for a long time and I'm extremely interested.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what they end up doing with Necromancers even if I don't get to play as one until long after launch.  That said, I wish the pledges that offered alpha access started at $100.  I can't reallly see spending $250 on an MMO these days.
    Post edited by Dravendore on
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited February 2017
    Nanfoodle said:
    arieste said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Did you pledge after they won? Do you want to but waiting for some reason? Why did you pledge? Why do you not want to pledge? 
    This is pretty much the only PVE-centric game on the market, so I'll keep an eye on it for that reason alone.

As long as Brad McQuaid is involved in it, however, I'm going to go with experience and assume he is lying about everything again and just wants to bs people and sell something that doesn't actually exist.  When there is an actual game to play and if I like it, I'll gladly pay for it - regardless of who made it.   Until then, no money.  Unless they fire him and hire someone that I have had good experiences with (which is just about any major producer).  
    Brad has been removed from anything to do with the finances of the company. He is just in charge of the creative direction of the game and nothing more.  

He hasn't been removed he has just distance himself from that side of the company to concentrate on other things. Instead of trying to take care of it all he has taken on an certain role and stuck with that. 

Saying he has been removed is insulting considering it's his game lol. Perhaps people need to be reminded that it's Brad who remains at the helm of this game and that's not saying it's not a team effort because it is. 

Nope he hasn't been removed like some bad school kid from class. 
    Post edited by SavageHorizon on

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Nanfoodle said:
    arieste said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Did you pledge after they won? Do you want to but waiting for some reason? Why did you pledge? Why do you not want to pledge? 
    This is pretty much the only PVE-centric game on the market, so I'll keep an eye on it for that reason alone.

As long as Brad McQuaid is involved in it, however, I'm going to go with experience and assume he is lying about everything again and just wants to bs people and sell something that doesn't actually exist.  When there is an actual game to play and if I like it, I'll gladly pay for it - regardless of who made it.   Until then, no money.  Unless they fire him and hire someone that I have had good experiences with (which is just about any major producer).  
    Brad has been removed from anything to do with the finances of the company. He is just in charge of the creative direction of the game and nothing more.  

He hasn't been removed he has just distance himself from that side of the company to concentrate on other things. Instead of trying to take care of it all he has taken on an certain role and stuck with that. 

Saying he has been removed is insulting considering it's his game lol. Perhaps people need to be reminded that it's Brad who remains at the helm of this game and that's not saying it's not a team effort because it is. 

No, he is right. It was made quite public that he handed over all financial responsibilities. What does it matter if he distanced himself or was removed? It's just semantics. The fact is that even people who LOVE his games had significant concerns that with him in charge of everything, including finances, that their money would go up his nose. Honestly, it's one of the smartest moves for this game, especially considering that there was controversy immediately following their own crowdfunding, with regards to cash. @Nanfoodle wasn't saying he was removed from the game, he said his sole responsibility is with the creative direction of the game. With all their efforts to make that clear, you insinuating that he still has some control over that isn't actually helping anything. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    I never pay money for anything that I can not examine immediately, if not sooner.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    CrazKanuk said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    arieste said:
    Nanfoodle said:

No, he is right. It was made quite public that he handed over all financial responsibilities. What does it matter if he distanced himself or was removed? It's just semantics. The fact is that even people who LOVE his games had significant concerns that with him in charge of everything, including finances, that their money would go up his nose. Honestly, it's one of the smartest moves for this game, especially considering that there was controversy immediately following their own crowdfunding, with regards to cash. @Nanfoodle wasn't saying he was removed from the game, he said his sole responsibility is with the creative direction of the game. With all their efforts to make that clear, you insinuating that he still has some control over that isn't actually helping anything. 
    He should not be in charge of the finances considering his track record so that was a very good decision and you cannot just gloss over what happened in Vanguard no matter how hard you try it was pretty public. So taking all that into consideration people will of course be hesitant to pledge which is while regrettable understandable.