Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD still not making money.

1235»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    Malabooga said:
    Ridelynn said:
    Malabooga said:
    What youve just written is filmoret level nonsense rofl

/shrug

Maybe, but I'm not the one claiming that the motherboard doesn't have any influence on the CPU.

I'm also not the one saying Kaby IGP is the same as Skylake IGP.

But then again, apparently I'm an Intel Fanboy. All Hail Brian Krzanich
    Motherboard doesnt have any influence on CPU and IGP is same as Skylake. Those are facts.

You want to be on filmoret level of nonsense, thats your choice.
    The motherboard controls the voltages, and the voltages do have an enormous impact on what happens with chips.  Your argument is akin to saying that the power supply has no effect on a computer.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited February 2017
    Voltages are EXACTLY SAME on both as documented lol
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    filmoret said:
    Due to how desperate the OP appears to be at bashing AMD...I just purchased an AMD card. 
    I didnt bash AMD.  You people just don't understand common sense if you think I was bashing AMD.  Maybe you just need a little perspective.   

Nvidia made 614mil 2016 and  631mil 2015

AMD lost  497mil 2016 and  660mil 2015

2014    -155 mil
    2013    +103 mil
    2012    -1.06 billion
    2011   +368mil

Add a few numbers and subtract a few numbers and since 2011  AMD has lost close to 2 billion dollars.  So I believe I'm correct in saying that they need a good year.  guess you can call me a hater for making that assessment.

Big Companies aren't like corner shops.  They can post losses for quite awhile and still do very well.

Amazon didn't post a real profit for 20 years.  Here's a link showing them post a 437 million loss in ONE QUARTER in 2014.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/10/23/amazon-posts-loss-for-3rd-quarter/17783495/

Amazon is getting ready in 2017 to build drones that will deliver things to your door.  Their stock is through the roof.

I'm not expecting AMD to follow that level of success because they have less reach, but pointing out losses isn't a substantive argument, especially in a year where they're set to release a few new products that appear like they will do very well.
    Malabooga said:
    Voltages are EXACTLY SAME on both as documented lol
    The voltages are never exactly the same.  The CPU can ask for the same voltage from both motherboards, but they never deliver exactly the nominal voltage.  The current will also never have exactly zero noise in it.  Again, it's like insisting that the power supply has no impact on a computer.
    edited February 2017
    Thats bull, if you go that logic route, you can never even tell what voltage CPU runs on as all the sensors and voltage controlers (that are being read) dont know either LOL

You guys dont have a clue about hardware. Motherboard doesnt impact CPU temperatures. period. The only thing that can be impacted is VRM temperatures and motherboard throttling if you have some cheapo budget motherboard, but these are heavily overbuilt boards and dont have any issues with that AND 7700k is running stock clocks.

In FACT 7700k is running LOWER voltage than 6700k (1.28-1.32v vs flat 1.32 on 6700k) on auto using LESS power, means even lower heat production on 7700k.

The ONLY thing that impacts CPU temperatures is:

1. chip itself
    2. voltage
    3. cooling
    4. load

so 2-3-4 are the same on both chips means that 1 is the cuplrit lol

the amount of bullcrap you guys are gonna invent is staggering lol
    edited February 2017
    You perfectly described yourself, your beliefs are FIRM and will withstand ANY facts presented rofl

And this is a difference between me and you blind fanatic fanbois: i have no problems calling out rebrands and cr@p companies pull of

R9 390 was R9 290 rebrand with a bit of improvements on VRM and cooling side and 390 performs better than 290 (stock) and generally have better thermals/noise levels (not true for all cards though as there are some noticably better 290s than 390s out there but thats down to each AIB)

OTOH you guys have VERY hard time accepting Intel just rebranded 6th gen CPUs and motherbards but made things WORSE thermal wise and 7th gen chips run HOTTER on same voltages and clocks than 6th gen (which of course is resolved by deliding your 7th gen chip and fixing Intels screwup)

I suggest you drop your blind faith/disbelief and start accepting facts instead of making nonsensical excuses lol
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:
    Motherboard doesnt have any influence on CPU and IGP is same as Skylake. Those are facts.

Pulling facts out of where the sun doesn't shine doesn't make then true.

We could start with the 24 PCIE lanes on Z270 motherboards instead of the 20 on Z170 ones, which also means support for more M.2 x4 slots. And only 270 will support Intel Optane technology, too.

But yeah that has no influence at all on system performance. You've read it here first, "malabooga" says so so it must be true.

You can put 6th (6700k) gen on Z270 motherboard, and funny, but motherboard isnt CPU and DMI is THE SAME 3.0 on Z170 and Z270 with SAME bandwidth.

only 270 will support optane because Intel made it so, Z170 could easily support it too.

But hey. why bother yourself with FACTS.

Tell us which is 6700k and which is 7700k ROFL
    You remind me of the people who believe the earth is flat. You provide them undeniable facts, and they will completely ignore them and talk about something totally unrelated because they have no direct answer to the facts presented that doesn't invalidate their own fairy tale beliefs.
    I hate that analogy because it's not clear that there has ever been a significant group of people who insisted that the world was flat.  It's not that hard to figure out that the world is round.  We have pretty direct evidence of ancient people figuring it out, and Erasthones computed the radius of the earth to within several percent.  Any civilization that studied astronomy or went seafaring much almost surely figured it out, even if we don't have direct evidence as such for all of them.  And plenty of people may never have pondered the global topology of the earth, so even if they didn't know it was round, they didn't necessarily think it was flat.

That the earth is round is sometimes confused with the question of whether the sun revolves around the earth or vice versa.  That's a much, much harder question to answer, and wasn't really resolved until about 300 years ago.
    Malabooga said:
    You perfectly described yourself, your beliefs are FIRM and will withstand ANY facts presented rofl
    I guess that's why you didn't address the facts I presented and answered with something totally unrelated, right ?

@Quizzical you'd be surprised... have a look on youtube, and be prepared to have a good laugh (and a lot of facepalming too). Enjoy ! ;)
    I have adressed your "facts" but the fact that you have no clue what youre talking about is kinda preventing you to actually comprehend it in meanigflul way, which is not my problem really as i dont really care if you embarass yourself or not lol
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    What facts have you shown guys that 7th gen is not a rebranded chip? o.O I mean the thread is a bit long but other than calling malabooga stupid, you haven't given much facts. Well, besides pointing out the new chipset, but a chipset is hardly a new chip o.O
    edited February 2017
    The ironic thing is that its rebranded chipset too, but he has no clue what hes talking about. Z170 can support everything Z270 does, its just that intel didnt find it all that interesting as calling that whole rebranded platforn "new gen" lol

"optane" can be supported on any board that has m.2 slot. But Intel chose not to and will make you buy new platform (not that optane is worth anything but still) That "cache tech" is really old stuff from intel....that noone used for a reason lol

"but it has like....24 PCIe lanes and like...ummmmm....optane support!"

hilarious thing is that he isnt even aware how pathetic that sounds lol
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2017
    Ridelynn said:
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:
    I guess that's why you didn't address the facts I presented and answered with something totally unrelated, right ?

@Quizzical you'd be surprised... have a look on youtube, and be prepared to have a good laugh (and a lot of facepalming too). Enjoy ! ;)
    I have adressed your "facts" but the fact that you have no clue what youre talking about is kinda preventing you to actually comprehend it in meanigflul way, which is not my problem really as i dont really care if you embarass yourself or not lol
    [mod edit]
    You know I was just thinking these two are always at loggerheads and to be honest when I see either one of them on a thread I disregard what they say because of the way they go over the top and seem emotionally invested in these companies.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Chamber of Chains
    edited February 2017
    truth is hard for some people to face, better to bury your head in the sand, that way you can just ignore the facts....which is common among posters on this forum rofl
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Not sure if this was pointed out before, but folks at AMD don't want to make money. This view is based off their decision to not include official support for Win7 with the release of AMD's Ryzen CPUs.

"Hey Win7's market share is almost 50%, let's not include drivers for them lulz"

Note:
    https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
    http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7

Cheers.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    It feels like people want AMD to fail...because they want their GPU and CPU's to be in a monopoly i guess? Are people happy with the past 4-5 years of intel CPUs that have had only very minor upgrades with the full sized price tag and want that to continue? I sure as hell don't.

I really don't get why people get off when a non assclown company thats not their choice is doing bad. #fuckkonami
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    No I don't want AMD to fail I need to upgrade my GTX 770 in my Alienware Aurora R4 and I intend to wait for the new cards from them and see how much the price will drop on the 1070 GTX then buy it. So AMD definitely has to stay competitive for us to have lower prices from Nvidia.
    Chamber of Chains
    ZagatoMKR said:
    Not sure if this was pointed out before, but folks at AMD don't want to make money. This view is based off their decision to not include official support for Win7 with the release of AMD's Ryzen CPUs.

"Hey Win7's market share is almost 50%, let's not include drivers for them lulz"

Note:
    https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
    http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7

Cheers.

MS doesnt want to support it, for them W7 is EOL lol

Kaby Lake also doent support W7.

W7 is dead, time to move on

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I've used ONE AMD Video Card in the past. It was Cheap and it failed. Used NVidia ever since and never looked back.
    1. Cheap: AMD
    2. Quality: NVidia

You get what you pay for.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Avanah said:
    I've used ONE AMD Video Card in the past. It was Cheap and it failed. Used NVidia ever since and never looked back.

I ate an apple, and it tasted like crap. Now I'm eating oranges and never looking back.

1. Crap: Apple
    2: Quality: Orange

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Bloodaxes said:
    Avanah said:

I ate an apple, and it tasted like crap. Now I'm eating oranges and never looking back.

1. Crap: Apple
    2: Quality: Orange
    More or less once someone gets a crap product they don't tend to buy another.  Everyone does it no matter how severe or light.  I wont buy samsung, apple, Ford...    that is why user experience is important in first impressions.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    cheyane said:
    Ridelynn said:
    Malabooga said:
    Malabooga said:

At this point, I'm kinda wondering if @Malabooga and @filmoret are the same person? Maybe someone with schizophrenia, or split personality disorder. The two have completely opposite views on hardware, but still take hard headed stances even when shown facts to the contrary, and are dangerously passionate toward the companies they like (or dislike). 

Just something to ponder, everyone. Now we can all carry on embarassing ourselves.
    You know I was just thinking these two are always at loggerheads and to be honest when I see either one of them on a thread I disregard what they say because of the way they go over the top and seem emotionally invested in these companies.
    Im such an extreme person because I evaluated AMD's new gpu's and stock future?   Well I'd hate to be anyone who tries to reason with you for sure.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Avanah said:

sure, especially if you prefer exploding cards lol

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-evga-catches-fire-video/

or like to use your card as a stove as convenience mabye and join plenty of people who enjoyed that benefit on "quality" Nvidia cards

edited February 2017
    zanfire said:
    It feels like people want AMD to fail...because they want their GPU and CPU's to be in a monopoly i guess? Are people happy with the past 4-5 years of intel CPUs that have had only very minor upgrades with the full sized price tag and want that to continue? I sure as hell don't.

I really don't get why people get off when a non assclown company thats not their choice is doing bad. #fuckkonami
    even now you see that people will buy inferior product at higher price. You cant cure stoopid, and large part of situation were in is due to conusmers generally being morons.

Sometimes i wonder if AMD should judt quit PC and let them idiots enjoy completely gimped games at 25 FPS @ 1080p on 500$ GTX1060 and 750$ pentium as thats exactly what they deserve.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited February 2017
    Malabooga said:
    The ironic thing is that its rebranded chipset too, but he has no clue what hes talking about. Z170 can support everything Z270 does, its just that intel didnt find it all that interesting as calling that whole rebranded platforn "new gen" lol

"optane" can be supported on any board that has m.2 slot. But Intel chose not to and will make you buy new platform (not that optane is worth anything but still) That "cache tech" is really old stuff from intel....that noone used for a reason lol

"but it has like....24 PCIe lanes and like...ummmmm....optane support!"

hilarious thing is that he isnt even aware how pathetic that sounds lol
    The ironic thing is that who really gives a fuck. Do you think that every model/generation has to be revolutionary over the last?

When a technology is in its infancy, big gains can come short and fast, as it matures things slow down. Gains are harder to come by. 

What do you do anyways? Have any hands on experience? Or do you just like to read?

The way you take to expressing yourself is Painful.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I have seen the 1070 dipping to around $350 in recent weeks.
This discussion has been closed.