Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a game like RIFT, Everquest 2

ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
Hey there,

as most of us, im plagued by the fear to miss a good game. I know quite a lot of them, but far away from knowing them all. Actually i play RIFT again, before i played EQ 2, i loved it the old days very much but i found the newer expansion grew more and more sick anyhow, and as i tried out the last expansion, where you have to enter a town starting with M..i just heared the music a while and i knew, thats it.
We live in a sick time but reflecting it in a game i cannot stand, so i ordered the deletion of my 10 year old account. I dont ever play it, but i still like games like those..with a rich, beautiful content, quests, building, decorating a house.

WoW, Black Desert Online, Tera i tried out already but its not that great. WoW i played much to often and its overcome anyhow, BDO i just find chaotic and Tera..dunno why i stopped it.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    As a person who also loves questing and great PvE content, I find LOTRO and ESO terrific games to play.  Defintely recommend checking those two out. 
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    ESO was my go to game after Everquest 2. What I loved about Everquest 2 was crafting, housing, exploring and random questing. I found all of these things in ESO.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    FFXIV

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    both of the mentioned games actually have more than 6 skills to be used at the same time tho. so i don't think you will enjoy ESO too much.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited February 2017
    ESO was disappointing for me, because i know the offline versions, and the gameworld was pretty small also anyhow. And FFXIV is manga style, right ? Not my cup of tea also. LOTRO i played years before, its pretty nice too.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    FFXIV or maybe Aion. I don't think either is as good as Vanilla Rift was, but FFXIV is a good game and Aion is at least worth trying out.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    GW2 and Archeage
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    FF14 , may be your best option ... Great game to boot
  • LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    LOTRO.  Story, lore, and housing are awesome.  Crafting is not as good as EQ2, but then again there are few that are.  Mordor is coming soon!!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Letsinod said:
    LOTRO.  Story, lore, and housing are awesome.  Crafting is not as good as EQ2, but then again there are few that are.  Mordor is coming soon!!
    LOTRO a great suggestion also
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Lotro and Swtor are very similar to what you are used to if you played Rift and EQ2

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Wow, lots of good suggestions to try out, i think SWTOR has a huge world and great graphics also