Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to the hype?

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Just wondering what happened to this game.  It had a lot of hype and now don't hear anything about it.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    An old favorite of mine.

"It's dead Jim." :)

Who knows, maybe we're all suffering from indie/KS burnout.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Kyleran said:
    An old favorite of mine.

Well for some on this site you can add those to their following burnout list:

mmo/mmorpgs/Moba/EA/RPG/ARPG/VR/AR/SIM/Sports/racing..
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Was destined to fail as an open world PvP game anyway. They should have focused on the 'survival' game aspects and figured out ways to have Open world, voluntary and safe zones.

Just another example of developers being totally disconnected from the player base. When they offer PvE option and see people make servers and see the populations on those servers and theyre TOTALLY populated on the strict PvE servers that should tell them something. Even servers with 'happy hour'; or whatever it was called when there was no penalty for open PvP on the PvE servers those servers were very lightly populated and most players didnt log on during the fight time, only those that jumped from server to server who are the griefer no life types who infest PvP games in general.

Maybe the best engine and environmental interaction of any game. Where you can dig holes and build mountains if you want to (they could have improved on some of that as well) and a good weather and planting system. BUilding was a little disappointing but placement was free form.

Built as a PvE/RP/PvP hybrid it COULD  have been a game changer, but the hard line stance of the developer(s) to refuse any talk of PvE or 'safe' spaces it killed it for a lot of players.

Also as with all these types of game there is no content, other than advancing, and once advancing has ended then all that is left is player interaction which in most cases does in fact involve PvP. But not with a totally griefer set up like this one has.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:
    An old favorite of mine.

It's still ongoing and still going to be the greatest :) 

The fall-off is real though. Hex was one that I backed and never even played because I was excited when I backed it and then just forgot it existed. Grim Dawn is one that I HAD forgotten about completely and then remembered only because people said it was the best ARPG ever. Fallout, I played in Beta extensively and didn't play at all on release. So, yeah, I think that hype does drop off over time. It's why I feel like you need to have SOMETHING when you come to the table. You've got to be able to hit a 1-2 year target. So your systems really need to be almost "there" before a Kickstarter. Unless you're Star Citizen, but there's always one of those in every crowd. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    This one has the potential to be the best medieval mmo ever. Lets see. Its now up to server code. Can it take thousands at once?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited February 2017

I don't really remember there being a ton of hype.  It was a hyper realistic wood chopping sim.  With no PVE to speak of really.  Just find a ton of like minded people to bang on rocks and trees, build something then wait for someone to come attack you.

You have to make an amazing building crafting game if that's the basis of your gameplay.  or having amazing PvP and siege mechanics.  As it stands today its a pretty dry experience.  I cant imagine the MMO version being much different.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    same question I have regarding Dual Universe.

Seems like 'meh whatever, just give me a game where I do nothing other than kill mobs and let me complain about it' build ships? meh who cares

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me