Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for someone to play a hardcore mmo with.

Light616Light616 Member UncommonPosts: 20
Hi,

I'm looking for someone, or a couple of people, interested in playing a hardcore old school mmorpg - Lineage 2.
The game is best enjoyed with a couple of people and good communication for killing bosses, instances, pvp, quests, gearing and progressing in general.
The game  relies on the classic party structure - healer, buffer, damage dealer, tank.
It also has very interesting and deep rpg mechanics with all sorts of stats. Probably more than any other mmo I've played. Tho it's not at all imperative to know everything straight away, and if you're not familiar with the game, i will additionally explain things as needed.

Sadly none of my rl friends are interested in playing a slow progressing, hardcore mmo as this.
So, if anyone is interested ( english speaking, age 21+ ), post a comment, and we can give it a go.

Comments

• Light616Light616 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited February 2017
    Awesome. But I mean the official servers. http://www.lineage2.com/en/
    Tell me if you're interested.

I already have a lv. 101 Rogue Wind Rider. But at that point the game becomes impossibly hard. Playing with a random group isn't an option. And my clan is kinda dead. So, wanna get some cool people for a party, so that we can eventually progress further.
    edited February 2017
    ok. But the game is a lot deeper and more complex than it was back then. There is ton of nuance between different classes of the same type, which expanded a lot over the years.  And is continuing to change with every expansion. And the ability tree ( skill tree ) at lv. 99 ( starting at lv. 85 next expansion ). It's also harder than ever.
    If you change your mind, let me know. Knowing the basics, you would find it a lot easier to figure out the new stuff than someone who never played the game.
    And if anyone else is interested, let me know as well.
  • tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I'm sort of interested.  I play healer and actually have a character on that server, I think.  Elven Healer.  The problem is I gave all my gear away a long time ago so I wouldn't come back.

I would be into starting over or w/e you have in mind.
    Hey, that's great.
    Download the game http://www.lineage2.com/en/  
    Make an account if you don't already have one. ( They deleted some inactive old accounts a couple of years back )
    And tell me at what times you can play.
  • thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I played some year ago. Left because playing alone an old game you don't know much isn't really great.
    I'm currently enjoying myself in BDO. I'm wondering if your proposition could be interesting. I love playing tank and could give a 1-3 hour on week day from 8-9PM EST to 11PM EST. 
    Someday more, someday left. Depend on weekend.
    If my schedule can fit, I could go with a trial to start, since my old account my be dead.
    I'm pretty open as far as playtime.  I'll download it now.   Is gear aquisition still night impossible without RMT?  Is a healer useful to you?  I only like healer/buffer classes.
    edited February 2017
    @thedrakon

Ok. The game is free to play ( completely free - no locked content ). So, just make an account and you're good to go. I can add you on skype, just pm me.

If anyone else is interested, now is a good time to join us.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Are you on Chronos?

edited February 2017
    I'm pretty open as far as playtime.  I'll download it now.   Is gear aquisition still night impossible without RMT?  Is a healer useful to you?  I only like healer/buffer classes.
    Yes, its possible. But its real hardcore without RMT. Like always. A slow burn. And  that's how i plan on playing it. And let's see how far we can get :)

Yes, healer is very useful, essential. And it's great you're willing to play it :) Also healer can get by with much less gear, especially in the beginning. 

Also, pm me your skype.
    Recore said:

Are you on Chronos?

I have a character on Naia. Was planning on starting there, so I can mentor us.
    How often can you play?
    edited February 2017

Naia is Euro so that will not work for me. I played Lineage 2 for about 10 years and stopped last year. Been thinking of going back.

edited February 2017
    @tadams2tone

Every day. Unless something unexpected comes up. Or we agree to take a break.
    Is Naia located in EU?  That might be a problem for me, ping wise.  If the server is still located In NA It's fine.
    Recore said:

Naia is Euro so that will not work for me. I played Lineage 2 for about 10 years and stopped last year. Been thinking of going back.

All NCWest servers are in Texas. Yes, Naia will be more active a couple of hours earlier than Chronos, but the plan is to play with our own party.
    Is Naia located in EU?  That might be a problem for me, ping wise.  If the server is still located In NA It's fine.
    All servers are in Texas.
    Lol, just logged on the pain of realizing you gave away a bazillion dollars worth of stuff and also deleted your character. >.<
    edited February 2017
    Lol, just logged on the pain of realizing you gave away a bazillion dollars worth of stuff and also deleted your character. >.<
    i think the lack of punctuation makes this sound like I deleted my character XD. 
    Light616 said:

What time are Sieges and Olympiad?

So I guess I'll roll an elven healer.  I will be honest, I have some reservations.  Last I remembered, gold and drops were nerfed and the game became quite ptw.  Correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, wanna msg me your in game name?  I'll probably start leveling tomorrow.  Are we meeting after the path to awakening or what?
    edited February 2017
    Okay, im off for now. We'll start tomorrow. So, everyone who wants to play, be ready tomorrow at 6-7 pm est ( i guess ?), and pm me your skype for comms. 
    We can also adjust the starting times tomorrow or later on, depending on who joins, who doesn't and what times we can agree on. Talk more tomorrow.
    Post edited by Light616 on
    edited February 2017
    So I guess I'll roll an elven healer.  I will be honest, I have some reservations.  Last I remembered, gold and drops were nerfed and the game became quite ptw.  Correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, wanna msg me your in game name?  I'll probably start leveling tomorrow.  Are we meeting after the path to awakening or what?
    Nah, we'll start together from level 1. While we don't need a party at the very beginning ( and the early quests are solo ),  we will need a party for raids, which speed up leveling. And just to figure out what we're doing, and lay some plans for later on. I'll also suggest best classes we would need. And explain other stuff.

I will be playing a Titan. Name is  - Doom . Tho i played a bit today already, so I'll make a new char just so we level together. Once we reach lv. 61, I'll switch to Doom and continue.
    Recore said:
    Light616 said:

What time are Sieges and Olympiad?

8 PM ( 9 PM summer )  Naia is GMT+1, Chronos is GMT-2. Tho I don't plan on doing either. There is no competing with people who've played for 10+ years and/or are spending a ton of money on the game. The main focus will be PvE and figuring out the best ways to get gear and progress at our own pace. 
    edited February 2017
    Since i made a couple of replies, I'll re post this

Okay, im off for now. We'll start tomorrow. So, everyone who wants to play, be ready tomorrow at 6-7 pm est ( i guess ?), and pm me your skype for comms. 
    We can also adjust the starting times tomorrow or later on, depending on who joins, who doesn't and what times we can agree on. Talk more tomorrow.

Edit:

Just for info - My main character is Light616

Rogue PvP 1 Helios -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNnOOIdj0I0 

Rogue PvP 2 Helios -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhf7auUJwb8

Rogue PvP 3 Helios -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qVdtH5zB9I

Tho, as I've already mentioned, I've hit a wall at lv. 101, with leveling, gear, adena.

We need a party to progress. So hopefully one day we get there xD
    Post edited by Light616 on
  • thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I'm definetly up for it.
    If you still need a Tank and willing to give me advice since I never go past lvl 15 or 20 in that game. I'm a huge fan of old mmorpg.
    My fist love was Everquest, but I was a bit stupid to understand all the stuff back then. I came back some year later, but it was harder
    to find good people to play with and I'm often left alone. And playing a rogue in EQ is hard to level solo. Now you can use Merc,
    but still, an mmorpg is 10x better in a group.
    So ! seriously, I'm overexcited to try Lineage2 with a "static" group ? right ? Or something similar ?
    When I'm back from work, I will start downloading and try to be ready for the 7PM EST ..
    I will msg you some info about me in private.
    So far, your plan sound great.