Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Going to Margoria A Trip For Science (Takes 50 Minutes Real Time)

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Those who have been missing the old school ship rides this is for you.

Scion says it takes about an hour for the total trip. O.o

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    edited February 2017
    i think the design is broken..

Yes its all nice and all.. but the whole new area(water) takes indeed so much time to move around that it will be dead once everyone has been there 1 time

people will still wanne pvp on land
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I wish more games had more water combat always think that there is a whole area with so much potential.
    Chamber of Chains
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I hear a lot of talk about wanting a sandbox (whatever that means).  Seems like in a sandbox you would want all kinds of options and some of those options might not be enjoyable to everyone. 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    adderVXI said:
    I hear a lot of talk about wanting a sandbox (whatever that means).  Seems like in a sandbox you would want all kinds of options and some of those options might not be enjoyable to everyone. 

Exactly,

Those that enjoy sailing the seas will like this. If you are one of those that do not like it then simply do not do it.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Unlike the desert which was poorly named (it should have been called the badlands) because you really don't have an interval more than a few minutes where you won't find something to interact with, Margoria right now is empty. You get to Port Ratt and it's a 5 minute walk, half a dozen R to interact moments and you are done.

In addition, we have a Sail boat that will take a dedicated player 3 weeks to make. A Guild boat that's ... guildy? I was expecting to build a Nao or Galleon or something. Maybe in time but this is clearly establishing the map for more and the more isn't there. You build a house by digging a hole for the foundation. Right now, Margoria is a big hole. I don't know what it will be in a year.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    free2play said:
    Unlike the desert which was poorly named (it should have been called the badlands) because you really don't have an interval more than a few minutes where you won't find something to interact with, Margoria right now is empty. You get to Port Ratt and it's a 5 minute walk, half a dozen R to interact moments and you are done.

In addition, we have a Sail boat that will take a dedicated player 3 weeks to make. A Guild boat that's ... guildy? I was expecting to build a Nao or Galleon or something. Maybe in time but this is clearly establishing the map for more and the more isn't there. You build a house by digging a hole for the foundation. Right now, Margoria is a big hole. I don't know what it will be in a year.
    It'll probably take at least a year before Margoria grows in size. From what I heard, they're continuing to expand the main continent first, with Kamasilvia and Dragan up next for release. They confirmed we get Kamasilve in March though... so... with a bit of luck... Dragan around summer time. After which they might return their attention to Margoria. Or continue with the remaining regions on the mainland, since there is supposed to be at least one more beyond Dragan from what I understood. (Not to mention there's more land west of Epheria too, while all the aforementioned regions are southern ones)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/